[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Solar Storm to knock us off the grid?

Avernus

The problem is, the eruption occurred on the side of the sun facing earth which means, the Coronal Mass Ejection is on its way to the planet earth. It's expected arrival is Aug. 3.

I haven't been outside since this morning. has the sky fallen yet? maybe I'd better stay in for lunch today.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't answer my question, as there's only a single, minor mention of the year 2012 in it.

So again, based on what have you read peep?

Differnet articles I have read over the past few months. I dont have them saved, so I am trying to find some that arent skewed in the direction of global destruction (because I dont believe that is what is in store).

You can read up on the Mayan calendar and form your own opinion. But the radical weather changes we have been seeing recently is proof in my eyes that things ARE changing. Start with solar activity and see the effects it has on the earth.

It really isnt that hard. Sure if all you do is go off of what you hear on TV, but if you actually READ some of the information out there, you would see it isnt all skewed to total destruction.

The Mayans and Hoppie Indians mark 2012 as the ending of an age. The solar flare storms have been predicted for some time now, and some experts think it could be bad enough to take the grid down, along with some or all sattelites.

Scientific sites do not predict the end of the world or anything, that is left to the :wacko: extremists. But, there is a chance that infastructure could be damaged pretty badly by the solar storms. At least locally, I have seen much more severe weather lately. From storms to heat, it's been very unusual. I don't really know what to think, but there are people preparing for the worst, water, canned foods, etc.

Differnet articles I have read over the past few months. I dont have them saved, so I am trying to find some that arent skewed in the direction of global destruction (because I dont believe that is what is in store).

You can read up on the Mayan calendar and form your own opinion. But the radical weather changes we have been seeing recently is proof in my eyes that things ARE changing. Start with solar activity and see the effects it has on the earth.

What radical weather changes? The ones I see are in relation to the general warming of the earth: you know the complete lack of polar ice, the re-opening of the northwest passage, the retreat of glaciers nearly everywhere on the planet. If that's what you're talking about then you are in fact contradicting yourself since much of this has happened during a low point in solar activity.

Or are you talking about something else?

What radical weather changes? The ones I see are in relation to the general warming of the earth: you know the complete lack of polar ice, the re-opening of the northwest passage, the retreat of glaciers nearly everywhere on the planet. If that's what you're talking about then you are in fact contradicting yourself since much of this has happened during a low point in solar activity.

Valid scientific theories are for suckers. There are perfectly more plausible explanations like a "2012 Phenomena that no-one believes in" that doesn't involve the end of the earth.

Watched some solar documentary on this before, don't recall the name of it. Has to do with the sun's rotation and the turbulent side rotating towards the earth. The Earth's magnetic barrier won't be able to deflect as much of the solar radiation caused by large solar flares. Satellites will be affected directly and our technology on Earth will be affected. Not the end of the world, but plenty of electronics and possibly how we live our daily lives will be disrupted. Think they said something like this happened back in the 1950's but we weren't so reliant on electronics back then.

I can vouch that the govt/military pays attention to current solar flares as they affect satellite, radar, and radio communications worldwide.

Edited by Riffraff

The ones you are seeing are in relation to general warming of the earth? Gee, I wonder why the earth is warming. Its a cycle, and this is the end of a grand cycle.

The ones you are seeing are in relation to general warming of the earth? Gee, I wonder why the earth is warming. Its a cycle, and this is the end of a grand cycle.

You said:

For those that dont know, this is all related to the 2012 phenomenon that no one believes. While 2012 will not bring the end of the world, it will certainly (already is) bring some MAJOR weather changes.

So if you acknowledge the weather is warming but solar activity is only now beginning then how is it warming the earth?

AGAIN, what have you read regarding your original post and can you link it? It's becoming clear that you're simply being vague and dodging the question after several replies.

Cocaine.....it's called cocaine.

all I can think about is the black guy in hot tub time machine jumping up with his nose covered in cocaine going on about terminator 2...

I'm not sure, but Terminator 2 has something to do with this umm solar storm....

if we see the T1000 or whatever it's called running around like liquid metal, then we know it's the end fa sho...

Edited by Avernus

I did have my radio cut out for a very brief time today around 1pm. My phone was also not exactly working as well as it normally does today about the same time. :wacko:

this isn't :tup: worthy....it's a solar flare...

it's science....like the T1000 :tup:

It's no longer Global Warming, it's Solar Warming. send me your check and I can save everyone.