[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bye bye netflix

dmarc117

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100730/film_nm/us_redbox_1

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Redbox officially has begun offering $1.50-a-night rentals of Blu-ray Discs.

The king of dollar DVDs had been testing movie rentals in the HD format. Redbox said Thursday it will offer Blu-ray in 13,300 kiosks nationwide beginning immediately, and throughout its entire 23,000-location rental system by the fall.

Great deal, but their selection sucks and they don't offer the convenience of discs mailed to you or streaming movies. You can have my Netflix when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

+1. Netflix has amazingly obscure stuff that Redbox will never have.

No it won't. Two completely different business models.

An antiquated one that cannot compete with Netflix. So you do the blu ray rental, and snooze on the return for two nights. You've just dropped nearly 5 bucks on one film, while the streaming + one movie at a time option at netflix is only 10/month.

And as the streaming approaches true blu ray quality it'll only get worse for redbox.

Redbox is cool if it happens to be where you are and not six people behind you while you are browsing...or six people in front of you browsing. That is one of the most uncomfortable looking lines...

I would prefer even the old Netflix over Redbox...now I started getting the stream on the Wii and I'm loving it.

Some people continue to see going out to the local grocery Redbox to rent a DVD more convenient than streaming or mail delivery. I have no idea why.

Because they are poor and don't have checking accounts? Obama voters

:wacko:

RedBox if you have no credit ... Netflix if you have enough credit to get a credit card. Not to sound like a snob, but, RedBox is for those who prefer to scrape up enough for a movie kinda on a last minute thing and Netflix is for those who are patient and can afford to have it mailed to them. Also, Netflix can mail you many more movies at once for cheaper.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby