[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok Everyone I need your help

Cowboyz1

I am on a crusade to somehow get the ability to see the all 22 or endzone video of games. Basically I want to see the coaches film. I am fed up seeing what they want me to see. We fans hardly get the opportunity to evaluate our teams based on the limited angles we see on televised games. We see only what they want us to see. How can we fairly evaluate our team and players if we barely get to see the play of our secondary and linemen and linebackers? I have already spoken to the Dallas media and front office in discovering ways to show us coaches film or the all 22 shots from the endzone. They said, they didn't think we fans wanted to see it. Moreover, the film is controlled by the NFL.

Basically in a nut shell they think we don't care much about the nuts and bolts of the game. Well they're wrong. I want to be able to see how my team is doing collectively. I want to see who is getting beat and who isn't, despite where the ball is going.

It would seem to me if they posted the coaches film or the all 22 shots we fans would better understand assignments and be better equiped to breakdown the finer aspects of the game. I personally would be totally into the game even deeper. We hear all the time on the radio from sports analysts that they see " so in so missing assignments". Well I am tired of taking their word for it. I want to see for myself.

So here is what I want to do.

I want to create a strategy to get enough fans together to push for this film. We need to come up with the list of obticales that prevent this film from being available to us and discover ways to overcome them. I want to find out who we need to talk to in order to get this request taken seriously. Lastly, I want your help to get this done.

What say you fellow huddlers? Are you with me?

Edited by Cowboyz1

What say you fellow huddlers? Are you with me?

My response as an NFL team to you: Get your own friggin' camera crews, get your own friggin' license from the league, buy your own friggin' seats, and do your own friggin' work.

Not sure how you think you can apply sufficient pressure to force the NFL to have teams give up what is their proprietary information.

They get their money from us. If the let us get more into the game we would be more apt to spend money. Just think of the phone calls to media that have far more depth then asking how is so in so doing? We could call up and say I saw this and that on film. The game and conversation would come alive with far more understanding and depth. That's good for business right? Fact is they just don't think we care.

My response as an NFL team to you: Get your own friggin' camera crews, get your own friggin' license from the league, buy your own friggin' seats, and do your own friggin' work.

Not sure how you think you can apply sufficient pressure to force the NFL to have teams give up what is their proprietary information.

I don't think it is pressure we need so much as it is to show them that we have the desire to get deeper into the game we love. Fans = money

They get their money from us. If the let us get more into the game we would be more apt to spend money. Just think of the phone calls to media that have far more depth then asking how is so in so doing? We could call up and say I saw this and that on film. The game and conversation would come alive with far more understanding and depth. That's good for business right? Fact is they just don't think we care.

While you're at it, have them lower ticket prices 25% also.

TIA

While you're at it, have them lower ticket prices 25% also.

TIA

So are you saying you don't care and this is a pipe dream? That surpises me from you Bronco. Seems to me you would want to see more not less. It's not like we would be asking them to do something they aren't doing already. Just expand the coverage that's all. ]

Tell me this. How would it hurt them?

So are you saying you don't care and this is a pipe dream? That surpises me from you Bronco. Seems to me you would want to see more not less. It's not like we would be asking them to do something they aren't doing already. Just expand the coverage that's all. ]

It would hurt them because it would only allow for fans to undermine both calls and coaching decisions.

The thing that you're forgetting is that things like overtime are really only designed to help the NFL maintain control over the game. I've rarely ever seen a replay stop them from calling it how they want to call it. It's a business in that sense too.

To give the fans even more firepower to dispute questionable calls/outcomes seems the last thing that the NFL wants... And like BB says, there's really no reason you could convince them to do it.

Since this is the first time I have ever seen this request and I have never seen anyone complain of the camera angle we are currently given I am going to assume the movement for this will be as small as the dump one would take a day after 3 bowls of white rice and a painkiller

It would hurt them because it would only allow for fans to undermine both calls and coaching decisions.

The thing that you're forgetting is that things like overtime are really only designed to help the NFL maintain control over the game. I've rarely ever seen a replay stop them from calling it how they want to call it. It's a business in that sense too.

To give the fans even more firepower to dispute questionable calls/outcomes seems the last thing that the NFL wants... And like BB says, there's really no reason you could convince them to do it.

Overtime? Ok let me think on this question about no reason to support giving us expanded coverage. But I disagree that they don't want to cause controversy because there's no such thing as bad publicity. Look at the world cup this year the best thing to happen to USA soccer was bad calls.I don't think there worried about us controlling the game at all. I think they think we don't care.

Since this is the first time I have ever seen this request and I have never seen anyone complain of the camera angle we are currently given I am going to assume the movement for this will be as small as the dump one would take a day after 3 bowls of white rice and a painkiller

This surprises me. How many of you have ever seen the all 22. Maybe I am assuming everyone knows what I am talking about. Because once you have seen the all 22 it takes the game to a whole different level. Or maybe they're right there isn't enough of us that care or have seen the coaches film to appreciate it. Hummm

Alternatively, you could try pitching something like this as an NFLN show, or clips from these camera angles at NFL.com-- perhaps starting off showing some of the top plays of the week, but done through the all-22/coach camera angles and potentially give the hosts/commentators a better way to explain to fans what actually happened on those plays. Maybe get one of the random ex-coaches to commentate on the show, call it 'Coach's Corner' or something and have him run through some light 'film-study' so fans can get a glimpse of what happens during the week/offseason.

If that's popular, it seems like an easy thing to expand on.

Alternatively, you could try pitching something like this as an NFLN show, or clips from these camera angles at NFL.com-- perhaps starting off showing some of the top plays of the week, but done through the all-22/coach camera angles and potentially give the hosts/commentators a better way to explain to fans what actually happened on those plays. Maybe get one of the random ex-coaches to commentate on the show, call it 'Coach's Corner' or something and have him run through some light 'film-study' so fans can get a glimpse of what happens during the week/offseason.

If that's popular, it seems like an easy thing to expand on.

There was actually a great show on NFLN last year called "Playbook", that would break down actual coaches' game film from last weeks' games, and then in the second weekly episode, use that film to talk about next week's matchups.

I don't think they used more than a couple angles, but I could see them realistically incorporating some of the 22 angles into that.

Here's one for the Colts' Offense before the Super bowl.

I'm surprised by this. I try and record any game I go to and watch it later. At the stadium, I'll notice a wide open receiver or a linebacker that fell or was out of position (or whatever) and be livid the other team didn't take advantage of it and score on that play. When I re-watch the game, the camera hardly ever shows any of this and the commentators certainly rarely ever talk about it. It really changes the game IMO.

And heck, the NFL Network is dying for any kind of original programming. Show these endzone games late at night if need be.

Those of you above, have you ever seen a game with coaches film or the all 22?

Yes. Both playing and coaching. And as a coach I would have never dreamed of surrendering tape to anyone not on the coaching staff unless I was swapping game tapes with the coach of another team. It wouldn't have even entered my mind, and had any parents asked for it I would have told them no. We did have the players and kids in with us to watch films.

I'm saying this is absolutely a pipe dream. There is no logical reason for them to enhance your experience by surrending proprietary material. That you don't understand this in the least tells me that I don't think I'll be able to provide sufficient logic to sway you otherwise.

:wacko:

I'm saying this is absolutely a pipe dream. There is no logical reason for them to enhance your experience by surrending proprietary material. That you don't understand this in the least tells me that I don't think I'll be able to provide sufficient logic to sway you otherwise.

I didn't say I didn't understand, however, if we don't ask we don't get. There are a lot of things we fans don't ask for. The reason for this post is to FIND a logical reason for giving us this enhanced experience. Not be Negative Nathans and blow the idea off.

Heck if we just accept what we are fed we may as well be dogs. I want meat so I am willing to persue the difficult and even impossible. How else do we get what we want in this world.

It wasn't so long ago they all told Elway he couldn't win the big one. Well now he has two rings. Good thing he didn't listen hey.............

Anyway, I will put you down in the "Don't Care" column and if and when we are successful in this endeaver, you can sit and watch what they feed you and be happy.............BBILLLYYYYYYYYYY!