[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Widows

keggerz

yesterday morning when I got into my truck I noticed a series of webs/cobwebs on the passenger side from the bottom of the seat to the dash area (floor board)....I had a hammer on the seat so I knocked it down with the hammer...I wasn't to happy about it since I hate spiders and snakes...today the web is back in the same place basically so I knock it down....I figure tonight after dark I will peak in to see what type of spider is in there...that is if it rebuilds the crazy looking web...well sure enough there was a spider in it...shined the light on it from the outside and it looked like an orchid spider...but when I got in the truck and shined the light on it I noticed the hour glass on the bottom :tup: just as I realized that was what it was I must have moved a bit as I was going to attempt to swat and kill it when it suddenly took off for under my dash :wacko: I am now waiting to see if it returns tonite...let me say I am not happy about this :tup:

i got the F.o. cker....with the help of a sacrificial moth (R.I.P moth)

edit: now I have to hope I dont see any additional webs because I worry that the punk might have left an egg sac in there and I am going to end up with 100's of the little F'rs in there :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

edit: now I have to hope I dont see any additional webs because I worry that the punk might have left an egg sac in there and I am going to end up with 100's of the little F'rs in there :wacko:

Get a bug bomb and set it off in your car tonight once you're finished with work... Tomorrow let your car air out for a little while before you go anywhere, that should take care of any potential little spider bastards running around in your car.

I'm having a nasty little problem with brown recluses. The fu0ckers aren't being so reclusive lately and DAMN they have gotten big! :wacko:

I killed four last night including one that was about an inch and a half across (which is a monster for a brownie).

If you have a lot of cardboard around get rid of it. Recluses like to use cardboard as a hiding place. Worst part about the recluse if that you won't find them in webs. No real warning that they are there till you either see em or get bit by em.

Get a bug bomb and set it off in your car tonight once you're finished with work... Tomorrow let your car air out for a little while before you go anywhere, that should take care of any potential little spider bastards running around in your car.

+1 A strong bombing of your truck should solve your problem.

I'm having a nasty little problem with brown recluses. The fu0ckers aren't being so reclusive lately and DAMN they have gotten big! :wacko:

Caught and killed one in my mom's guest bedroom when we were down in Shiloh last week. She is a teacher and normally uses the room as her place to store papers, books, etc. It's the first time we've ever seen a brown recluse in her home, but she probably has dozens of them. I told her that she needs to give up her packrat habits. (Worst thing about recluses is that bug-bombs usually don't work on them as they stay so deep in their hiding spots that the fumes don't reach them.)

Caught and killed one in my mom's guest bedroom when we were down in Shiloh last week. She is a teacher and normally uses the room as her place to store papers, books, etc. It's the first time we've ever seen a brown recluse in her home, but she probably has dozens of them. I told her that she needs to give up her packrat habits. (Worst thing about recluses is that bug-bombs usually don't work on them as they stay so deep in their hiding spots that the fumes don't reach them.)

You are correct. Once you have Recluses in your home the only hope of knowing you got them out is regular professional extermination.

I had a customer who got bit by one shortly after Katrina. He was staying in one room of his home due to flooding. He was rebuilding. Figures he got bit in his sleep but didn't know what he was bit by. Damn near lost his leg to the flesh eating venom.

He finally hired a professional exterminator almost a year after he finished his house as he was bitten again while unpacking. Guy damn near sold the house over them little basturds!

You are correct. Once you have Recluses in your home the only hope of knowing you got them out is regular professional extermination.

About a decade ago, a friend of mine bought a house in Kansas City that was infested with them--the professional exterminators would not guarantee that they could get rid of them. :wacko:

Our home here in CA was overrun with spiders when we moved in - I tried to play Billy the Exterminator, but had to call a pro in the end. My oldest son stopped sleeping in his room because he was tied of being bit several times per night...

Spiders creap me out. I don't even like looking at pictures of them.

Then you probably don't want to look at the pic of this tiny jumper that I took (the "black bumps" he is standing on is a truck bed liner...to give a perspective on size) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mistergman/29...57606681434687/

Then you probably don't want to look at the pic of this tiny jumper that I took (the "black bumps" he is standing on is a truck bed liner...to give a perspective on size) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mistergman/29...57606681434687/

That is too cool.

That is too cool.

thanks...he/she really wasn't very big at all...but when I would move the camera lens in it would sorta try to sprawl out to look bigger and more menacing...fwiw, that is the type of spider that gets around like spiderman...you know when you are walking and suddenly there is a single web in your face...well you can thank jumpers for that.