[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Ryan Grant just broke his leg

CaptainHook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and :lmao: and anyone who thinks a pro team would like a player with even the suspicion of a broken leg or torn knee ligaments hop all the way to the freakin' locker room.

That's some seriously strong stuff y'all are smoking.

Uh, I guess you didn't read the title... Someone who's medical opinion YOU WILL RESPECT said that he thinks he broke his league. It's written on the internet... It must be legit.

Uh, I guess you didn't read the title... Someone who's medical opinion YOU WILL RESPECT said that he thinks he broke his league. It's written on the internet... It must be legit.

:wacko:

Well, I guess he was just getting ready to play next week even if he has a cast on that leg...

Jackson still has too much pitty-pat in his running style. He may be at the top of the WW, but he'd be at best a FF RB3 even if Grant were to miss a few games.

You think? Based on yesterday, Kuhn is still hawking the GL carries... I'm not sure Grant was in the game long enough to find out if Kuhn would still get this duty with Grant available.

sounds worse than a sprain:

McCarthy described the nature of Grant's injury as "significant".

"I really do not have a timetable because we're still doing more testing," McCarthy said, according to the team's website.

from espn.com

This isn't what the team said yesterday. Obviously it turned out to be worse after testing.

To me it seemed the Eagles game plan was to beat up on the Packers especially Finley but they suffered even worse.

Ryan Grant Suffers “Significant” Ankle Injury

Posted by Mike Vandermause September 13th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said today that running back Ryan Grant suffered a “significant” ankle injury in the season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles that included ligament damage.

Grant will miss the Packers’ upcoming game against the Buffalo Bills, McCarthy said. Further tests will be performed on the ankle and McCarthy didn’t know how long Grant would be out. Normally when McCarthy uses the word “significant” it means a player will miss several weeks.

Brandon Jackson will be elevated to starting status and John Kuhn will take over as the No. 2 halfback for now. McCarthy didn’t indicate if the team would add a halfback to the roster this week.

McCarthy said Jackson carried the load against the Eagles, which is evidence he is capable of handling the job.

McCarthy touched on a variety of other topics during his press conference.

*He has never seen so many serious injuries in a game. He added the playing surface at Lincoln Financial Field was in good shape and didn’t contribute to any of the numerous injuries in Sunday’s game.

*Rookies Sam Shields and Morgan Burnett were solid for the most part in their NFL debuts. They were a little tentative and felt their way around the field.

*Aaron Rodgers played a little too fast and missed some throws he always makes. McCarthy said Rodgers, who said Sunday his performance was terrible, is always hard on himself. McCarthy said Rodgers is human, will learn from the experience and will perform better this week.

* B.J. Raji played well in first half and and for the game had 50 or 60 snaps, well above his playing time from last year. His production very good but he wore down at the end, which is understandable with thin numbers on the defensive line.

*Linebacker Desmond Bishop came out OK with his hamstring.

*Chad Clifton had some swelling on his knee.

*C.J. Wilson likely will play a bigger role this week in the absence of Justin Harrell.

*Cullen Jenkins, who broke bones in his hand on Sunday, will continue to play with a cast.

*He hopes Mike Neal is ready this week. With his side injury, ability to torque another player will be last hurdle he must overcome.

*He was pleased with the special teams performance. The players stepped up and did things we asked.

You think? Based on yesterday, Kuhn is still hawking the GL carries... I'm not sure Grant was in the game long enough to find out if Kuhn would still get this duty with Grant available.

I have Jackson getting 4 GL looks and Kuhn only two.

Every ankle sprain involves ligament damage. That's what a sprain is. The question is: Is it a grade I, II, or III?

Grade I is usually relatively minor, and involves a few weeks rehab (about 6 weeks), but the player can return before that (usually about 2-3 weeks), once his proprioception is returning. Hopefully this is what he has, and seems likely given he was walking about on it.

Grade II is a little worse, and may involve some minor tearing of a ligament. Time table is about the same as above, but more time off is needed (ususally the full 6 weeks) before a return. There's a chance he has a grade II.

Grade III is the worst, and involves multiple and/or full tears of ligament(s). Usually surgery is required, but maybe not (as the ankle ligaments and the MCL can heal on it's own without surgery). This would probably mean out for the year. It is unlikely that it is a grade III, judging from the looks of the injury and his ability to move around after.

That being said, eversion ankle injuries (ankle rolling in, instead of the typical inversion sprain rolling out) are much more difficult to incur due to the extreme amount of force needed to injure the medial ankle ligaments. This is the type of sprain Grant has. It is unlikely that these strong ligaments were torn, and if they were--he would have been diagnosed pretty much immediately as out for the year.

My money is on a sprain somewhere between a grade I and light grade II. I think he'll miss 2-4 weeks, and be limited a little after that, but should be back to full strength about week 8 or 9 (playing by week 5).

(KFFL) Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said it still wasn't known if RB Ryan Grant (ankle) will need surgery on his injured ankle, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Lori Nickel. Green Bay is still waiting for some test results to determine the severity of the injury.