[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Starts Week?

Cowboyz1

wait, what?

Did you start a prediction thread after Kolb gets a concussioin?

No I started it after I saw how poor he played just before trying to out run a line backer and getting face planted. If he were hurt worse I would have waited longer though, as I don't like seeing players get injured. I don't now if the players will play for the guy.

Kolb started two games last year and both were over 320 yards. I think considering him a bust after less than two quarters of play is not only premature, but so does Andy Reid who reiterated that Kolb was the starter when healthy. I'm not sure that the ten passes he threw are enough to make a valid assumption about him.

Kolb started two games last year and both were over 320 yards. I think considering him a bust after less than two quarters of play is not only premature, but so does Andy Reid who reiterated that Kolb was the starter when healthy. I'm not sure that the ten passes he threw are enough to make a valid assumption about him.

Not to mention the fact that Green Bay is widely considered to be one of the best teams in the NFL this season, and their defense picked up right where it left off.

No I started it after I saw how poor he played just before trying to out run a line backer and getting face planted. If he were hurt worse I would have waited longer though, as I don't like seeing players get injured. I don't now if the players will play for the guy.

This is a BIG BIG problem with players, fans and everyone else...Concussions are very bad and dangerous injuries.

Oh my god.... Here comes the "Kolb sux" threads and the "Vick is a QB god" ones. Vick only had good numbers because they didn't prepare for him. Kolb wasn't gettting any protection and his numbers reflected that, but also, he was playing a pretty solid defense. Kolb is the starter folks. Don't get overally excited just yet.

Kolb looked almost as bad as the Cowboys' o-line.

No way Reid caves on this one, especially after trading McNabb within the division -- I think we will see a steady diet of Vick coming in for a few plays per quarter, but Kolb is the starter unless the wheels completely fall off, he shows no improvement at all or starts to regress. Hard to predict that happening after one game against one of the best defenses in the league. On that subject, is Clay Matthews scary good or what?? Dude is relentless.

People quickly forget that most QBs, even the elite ones, struggle early on. The expectation of Kolb to just step in and be great in year one (and his top 10 ADP in FF) is not rooted in reality.

I was at work and missed the 1st half of the game so I didn't see it...no excuse for it though but I did hear that it was assumed that Bradley somehow found his helmet and made it out for another play...but it doesn't matter...they shouldn't have been back out there

Edited by keggerz

Vick only had good numbers because they didn't prepare for him. Kolb wasn't gettting any protection and his numbers reflected that, but also, he was playing a pretty solid defense. Kolb is the starter folks.

Are you kidding me? They knew in the preseason about Vick. Anyone who plays in the NFL or watches knows what he can do. And wasn't Vick playing against the same team that day? :wacko:

People quickly forget that most QBs, even the elite ones, struggle early on. The expectation of Kolb to just step in and be great in year one (and his top 10 ADP in FF) is not rooted in reality.

Vick didn't seem to struggle. He almost had a comeback win with just a 2nd half performance.

Yeah but one of those teams was the Chiefs. :wacko:

Yes, the Eagles should just give up on Kolb after 10 passes. Not everyone has a QB that, when given a chance to drive to win the game, throws two absolute gift-wrapped would be interceptions that just happened to be dropped. :wacko:

Talking crap on the Eagles after your over-hyped team just lost to the lowly Redskins..............classic :tup:

Kolb looked like absolute diaper dirte but he was under pressure most of the time. The guy is a gunslinger. I still expect him to put up big numbers this year on all fronts: yds, tds and ints. As a giant fan i'm hoping for more of the latter. It also can't help that he has to come out of the game every 3rd-5th play to let vick come in. That will never work, Reid needs to stop with that nonsense.

Yes, the Eagles should just give up on Kolb after 10 passes. Not everyone has a QB that, when given a chance to drive to win the game, throws two absolute gift-wrapped would be interceptions that just happened to be dropped. :wacko:

Talking crap on the Eagles after your over-hyped team just lost to the lowly Redskins..............classic :tup:

wait I am confused is this about Vick/Kolb or Romo?

Not to mention the fact that Green Bay is widely considered to be one of the best teams in the NFL this season, and their defense picked up right where it left off.

Uhhhh...didn't the last like 5 teams that faced GB last year have over 300 yards of passing offense?

Ried is going to stick to his guns as long as Philly wins some games, but if they and Kolb continue to struggle he will have no choice but to goto Vick at some point. I don't know about you guys, but that looked like the Mike Vick of old out there last night. He never was the best QB, but he's always been a playmaker and winner.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Sorry, I don't see how Kolb has any kind of fantasy value if Reid continues to rotate Vick in every three plays. I just have to survive until Big Ben comes back; I'd rather Kolb misses a couple games so I can roll with Vick, at least next week against the Lions.