[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Doctors

Brentastic

Thanks guys - I went to the ER, ticker is fine. But as someone else mentioned, it could be a stomach issue. I've been taking diclofenac twice a day for 2 years and my doctor was shocked (my previous doctor continues the refills). Apparently diclofenac is very strong and continual prolonged use can cause stomach lining/liver damage. My doctor was visibly disgusted that my previous doctor continues to refill - I take it for TMJ.

Anyways, good news is no heart problems. Stomach problems is possible and I will be giving more blood samples to follow up on it. I also have sleep apnea and need to go to a sleep clinic to officially diagnose. These problems are less serious IMO and I'm thankful it's not my heart. But honestly if it wasn't for your guys prodding, I wouldn't have had this checked out and it could have been more serious. With children I can no longer avoid doctors, so thanks guys.

Edited by Brentastic

Now that it is established that your heart is ok, I'll mention that perhaps some of the effects you were feeling (chest discomfort, breathing problems) were the result of anxiety (you feel something weird in your chest and then you start to wonder what it is, then you keep concentrating on it and it feels like it is getting worse and so on--I actually had a friend who got rushed off of an airplane and put into an ambulance because he thought he was having a heart-attack, but it was "only" anxiety).

Now, on a unrelated note, am I the only person who thinks it is somewhat ridiculous that a person has to sit and weigh the expected costs and expected benefits of a trip to the ER when his or her life could literally be on the line? (I think this sort of thing happens a whole lot more than most of us realize.)

Now, on a unrelated note, am I the only person who thinks it is somewhat ridiculous that a person has to sit and weigh the expected costs and expected benefits of a trip to the ER when his or her life could literally be on the line? (I think this sort of thing happens a whole lot more than most of us realize.)

Glad you are OK Brent. Sleep apnea is no walk in the park. It can mess you up so don't overlook that.

wiegie, most people can't afford to shell out a $100.00 ER co-pay just to find out they are a f*cking p*ssy. That's just how the free market prevents waste and executes the poor.

Glad you are OK Brent. Sleep apnea is no walk in the park. It can mess you up so don't overlook that.

wiegie, most people can't afford to shell out a $100.00 ER co-pay just to find out they are a f*cking p*ssy. That's just how the free market prevents waste and executes the poor.

Glad you are okay, Brent. That is great news.

I have a $2500 deductible and it does change how I manage my healthcare. A few years ago I had a knee injury. I didn't get an MRI right away because of the cost. I waited two weeks to see if it got better on it's own. The longer I waitied the more difficult the surgery if I needed it, the longer the recovery, and maybe even not fully recover. It worked out because it was just a bad bone contusion. But I do worry I will put off seeking healthcare until it is too late because I have to shell out the $1000+ for tests, and want to make sure it is absolutely worth the cost.

Glad you are okay, Brent. That is great news.

I have a $2500 deductible and it does change how I manage my healthcare. A few years ago I had a knee injury. I didn't get an MRI right away because of the cost. I waited two weeks to see if it got better on it's own. The longer I waitied the more difficult the surgery if I needed it, the longer the recovery, and maybe even not fully recover. It worked out because it was just a bad bone contusion. But I do worry I will put off seeking healthcare until it is too late because I have to shell out the $1000+ for tests, and want to make sure it is absolutely worth the cost.

Good info, but GO TO THE ER WHEN YOU FEEL IT'S LIFE THREATENING. Dollars mean nothing when you are toes up!

Sorry, but chest pain with numbness is not a pu$$y thing.

If he was talking hangnail or some such thing, then yeah, right there with you, but with how it was described, seems pretty ridiculous to even take the time to be posting here much less hesitating seeking medical attention when you are experiencing all of the classic signs of a heart attack.