[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vortex bottle

CaptainHook

not only is it ridiculous, but the commercial is played out.

As a person who...well, "represents" MillerCoors, I'd like to state that for my money the merger has been a joke....Miller went from promoting the merits of their beer (rightly or wrongly, they were trying to sell on quality), to doing the Coors brewery "gimmick" crap...16oz aluminum pints, home draft, the "vortex" bottle....just junk.

I'd like to think most people are more concerned about what's IN the bottle, but then again, numbers show that I'm probably wrong.

As a person who...well, "represents" MillerCoors, I'd like to state that for my money the merger has been a joke....Miller went from promoting the merits of their beer (rightly or wrongly, they were trying to sell on quality), to doing the Coors brewery "gimmick" crap...16oz aluminum pints, home draft, the "vortex" bottle....just junk.

I'd like to think most people are more concerned about what's IN the bottle, but then again, numbers show that I'm probably wrong.

I know the guy who lead the engineers who brought on the aluminum bottle and other cans and bottles for Budweiser.

The packaging is all about marketing, nothing more. Hell the beer market in general has become about markeitng. What AmBev has done to Bud is a tragedy.

He did say the technology for putting the swirls in the neck of the bottle is pretty impressive, from an engineering standpoint.

I know the guy who lead the engineers who brought on the aluminum bottle and other cans and bottles for Budweiser.

The packaging is all about marketing, nothing more. Hell the beer market in general has become about markeitng. What AmBev has done to Bud is a tragedy.

He did say the technology for putting the swirls in the neck of the bottle is pretty impressive, from an engineering standpoint.

Does the beer swirl out in the other direction in the southern hemisphere? :wacko:

I have found no difference in the manner in which the beer comes out of the bottle, then again I really never paid much attention to that in the first place. Twist cap off, put opening in mouth, swallow (insert joke here).

I like how they make fun of the guy for noticing it doesn't matter that the beer bottle has grooves. It's like they realize it's a stupid gimick, so they better make fun of anyone that would make fun of it. A true "the Emperor has no clothes" moment.

I'm just waiting for them to come out with a aluminum pint bottle with the swirls along with a laser etched ring in the bottom and the curved shaped top to release aroma. Then I can drink my Budilloors Adams beer under optimal conditions.

Or I can just poor it into whatever type of drinking glass I have around like people have been doing for several millenniums.

I'm just waiting for them to come out with a aluminum pint bottle with the swirls along with a laser etched ring in the bottom and the curved shaped top to release aroma. Then I can drink my Budilloors Adams beer under optimal conditions.

Or I can just poor it into whatever type of drinking glass I have around like people have been doing for several millenniums.

This made me laugh. :wacko:

But what would those people be doing buying Miller lite? :wacko:

I wouldn't solely pick on Miller Lite - Bud Light is watery and flavorless, and Coors Light is watery-er and flavorless-er. Never mind the war to have the fewest calories - MGD Light got re-formulated so that it has fewer calories and carbs (and lower alcohol...they just added more water), and Bud decided to get even LOWER with a 55 calorie beer. It cracks me up that they're advertising "it's the lightest beer ever!" when if you said that to a brewmaster in say, Belgium, about his beer he'd punch you in the face.

Not that the Big 2's full calorie beers are anything to scream about, either.