[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Guarantee he didn't kill himself

AY2FDCBM

I call it, he didn't kill himself...

A law enforcement source confirmed with CNN that while a body has not yet been recovered, Clementi's wallet and cell phone were found on the bridge that spans the Hudson River between New Jersey and New York.

...why leave your wallet and cell phone on the bridge instead of leaving them in your pockets? Sounds like someone wants people to think he did it.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/29/new.je...dex.html?hpt=C1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...why leave your wallet and cell phone on the bridge instead of leaving them in your pockets? Sounds like someone wants people to think he did it.

Leaving them out, police could theoretically track you using the phone's signal to at least where he jumped (if he actually did). Left in the pocket, they wouldn't even have a starting point. You raise a valid question, but I don't think it's concrete evidence one way or another.

They found a body. I heard today on the news. I was half asleep so I am not sure of this but I think they said the tape that streamed to everyone showed this kid sleeping with a man. I may be wrong. If that is accurate though I wonder if this kid was out of the closet. If he wasnt, and that was sent to everyone , that may have just put this kid over the dge

They found a body. I heard today on the news. I was half asleep so I am not sure of this but I think they said the tape that streamed to everyone showed this kid sleeping with a man. I may be wrong. If that is accurate though I wonder if this kid was out of the closet. If he wasnt, and that was sent to everyone , that may have just put this kid over the dge

Your version is pretty much accurate from what they are saying. Apparently, the kid had a couple trysts in his dorm room, roomate got pissed, secretly set up a webcam, then streamed it live on the internet. He even Tweeted that he was going to do it a second time.

Pretty f'd up.

The GWB has cameras on every square inch... it's not hard to prove if he did or didn't but they suspect he did so I am assuming they know. My guess is they wanted to find the body before making it official.

Your version is pretty much accurate from what they are saying. Apparently, the kid had a couple trysts in his dorm room, roomate got pissed, secretly set up a webcam, then streamed it live on the internet. He even Tweeted that he was going to do it a second time.

Pretty f'd up.

If true, I hope the kid who set up the camera chokes on it for a lonnnnnng time.

Raises an interesting question -- is the roommate culpable under the law for the suicide, and if so, to what extent? Put 1000 people in the dead kid's shoes, how many simply beat the crap out of the roommate, how many decide to seek revenge another way, how many just request a roommate switch? Committing suicide would not be an outcome that I would predict -- I'm guessing the roommate didn't either, and despite the rotten thing he did, I'll bet he's feeling pretty awful right now.

It will be interesting to see if the state goes after him for more than just the invasion of privacy charge. There will be a hefty lawsuit in any event.

Raises an interesting question -- is the roommate culpable under the law for the suicide, and if so, to what extent? Put 1000 people in the dead kid's shoes, how many simply beat the crap out of the roommate, how many decide to seek revenge another way, how many just request a roommate switch? Committing suicide would not be an outcome that I would predict -- I'm guessing the roommate didn't either, and despite the rotten thing he did, I'll bet he's feeling pretty awful right now.

It will be interesting to see if the state goes after him for more than just the invasion of privacy charge. There will be a hefty lawsuit in any event.

Wasn't there a case recently where a woman was held responsible for a teenage girls death who commited suicide? The woman had posted some info on the Net. Does anyone remember something like this?

Wasn't there a case recently where a woman was held responsible for a teenage girls death who commited suicide? The woman had posted some info on the Net. Does anyone remember something like this?

Yes, but it was a lot more extreme. The woman posed as a boy who was interested in the girl and carried on a fake online romance with her for a period of time, then one day lowered the boom, called her an ugly beeyotch, slut, etc. In that case you're talking about a 13 yo girl with self esteem issues and problems fitting in at school. This case is an adult. I see the correlation between the two but the woman in this other case should have been charged with at least manslaughter IMO.

Yes, but it was a lot more extreme. The woman posed as a boy who was interested in the girl and carried on a fake online romance with her for a period of time, then one day lowered the boom, called her an ugly beeyotch, slut, etc. In that case you're talking about a 13 yo girl with self esteem issues and problems fitting in at school. This case is an adult. I see the correlation between the two but the woman in this other case should have been charged with at least manslaughter IMO.

yah freshman in collage are all stable adults. :wacko:

You never know what could go through someone's head when they are so overcome with despair that they are about to kill themselves. Maybe leaving his cell phone and wallet behind was a way for him to separate himself from worldly things before moving on to the next stage.

........ I'll bet he's feeling pretty awful right now.

I have big time doubts that he feels that way. I would say he feels pretty good about himself and the results that he got with that webcam.

Of course he is probably not happy with the charges that will be filed against him. However I am sure he already has a lawyer that will place the blame solely on the kid that died while making the webcammer look like some kind of wonderful human being.

I have big time doubts that he feels that way. I would say he feels pretty good about himself and the results that he got with that webcam.

Of course he is probably not happy with the charges that will be filed against him. However I am sure he already has a lawyer that will place the blame solely on the kid that died while making the webcammer look like some kind of wonderful human being.

Maybe you've read something I haven't; I'm not aware of this kid being a psychopath. It's a big leap from what he did to causing someone's death. I'm sure he didn't anticipate this happening.

huh?

kid is in college, as horrible as this tragedy is, I am sure he never anticipated the dude killing himself- and feels terrible about it

pretty pessimistic leap there.....................

Maybe you've read something I haven't; I'm not aware of this kid being a psychopath. It's a big leap from what he did to causing someone's death. I'm sure he didn't anticipate this happening.

Didn't say he was a psychopath.

Did he really expect that people would just laugh and let it go at that after they saw the webcam? I think he got the exact result he was going for. He wanted the kid gone from that room. He wanted him to pay for what he was. And now he IS gone. It was a total hate crime. Whatever they do to him will not be enough. People with that kind of hate that did what he did to that kid deserves to be kicked out of the gene pool and is a waste of good space on this planet. And the girl that helped him too.

Didn't say he was a psychopath.

How could he have done what you're saying and have a conscience? He could have just requested a new roommate.

The kid is immature, probably doesn't like/understand the gheys like the majority of young men and just reacted inappropriately.

I think he got the exact result he was going for. He wanted the kid gone from that room. He wanted him to pay for what he was.

I think you are over reacting to the extreme.

I keep hearing how people who commit suicide are not thinking normally, yet you want to place all the blame on a prank?

Can you imagine how that room smells after 3 hours of hot MFM action? I wouldn't want to be in that room either! Yet if he asked for a transfer, he be kicked out of the school for not embracing 'diversity'.

He's just a college kid. Probably just wasn't thinking. Didn't really understand. Just an immature kid.

Give me a f'n break.

He knew he was going to ruin that kids life with that webcam. He knew exactly what he was doing. There has been a terrible result to what he did and everyone is defending him. I am dumbfounded.

Do what ever the heck you want.... don't worry about the consequences....in fact don't even think about the consequences of what you are about to do. You will get a pass because no one is responsible for what they do nowadays. Just think of yourself. Who cares what happens as long as I get what I want.

No wonder I stay home.

You never know what could go through someone's head when they are so overcome with despair that they are about to kill themselves. Maybe leaving his cell phone and wallet behind was a way for him to separate himself from worldly things before moving on to the next stage.

or he just didn't want people to have to wonder what happened to him.

I do have to say, my heart kind of goes out to the kids who "caused" this. sky can berate me if he wants to. it's a pretty lousy thing to do, and given the consequences I think it is fair for them to be prosecuted fairly vigorously for invading his privacy. but I think it is a bit of a stretch to arge that it a reasonable person would foresee that taping your college roommate having sex would result in his death. that's what happened, and it serves as a powerful reminder to think twice before you treat people badly in any way. but I don't think he needs the government to call him a murderer in order to learn that lesson from this ordeal.

or he just didn't want people to have to wonder what happened to him.

I do have to say, my heart kind of goes out to the kids who "caused" this. sky can berate me if he wants to. it's a pretty lousy thing to do, and given the consequences I think it is fair for them to be prosecuted fairly vigorously for invading his privacy. but I think it is a bit of a stretch to arge that it a reasonable person would foresee that taping your college roommate having sex would result in his death. that's what happened, and it serves as a powerful reminder to think twice before you treat people badly in any way. but I don't think he needs the government to call him a murderer in order to learn that lesson from this ordeal.

This