[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Felt Obligated To Report Them

Footballjoe

I was doing some work at a townhouse this afternoon for a lady I know. This is a rental property. When I arrive there is a young girl (18-20) and a couple of guys the same age and a child (2-4) who was asleep. So I am in there about 1 1/2 hours and am ready to leave. I call upstairs and no one answers. I go up there knock on all the doors (which) are half opened and l look inside. No one upstairs except the child who is awake laying in the bed. I go throughout the house and back yard and cannot find anyone. I go out the front and see the neighbor. He says he hasn't seen her. I go throughout the house and backyard again and cannot find anyone. Finally after 10-15 minutes I decide to call 911 and report it. I was sitting in my truck talking to the 911 operator when the young girl finally came back. The operator said she would give the information to the officers. I assume SS will get involved but I didn't know what else to do. Would you have done the same? :wacko:

I think you did the right thing. There's no way that a 2 year old kid should ever be left unsupervised for that long.

What makes this even more disturbing is the fact that from their perspective, they just left their 2 year old kid home alone with a stranger who is working on the house. They don't know anything about you. How in this day and age could they possibly leave their helpless kid alone with a strange handyman in the house?

I am legally mandated to report suspected abuse and child neglect falls into that category. So yea, I would have called.

me 2 and i would have called but man there are people who go nutty about " government" sticken their nose in were it shouldn't.

me 2 and i would have called but man there are people who go nutty about " government" sticken their nose in were it shouldn't.

but that is why he brought it here... to his safe place... because we don't have anybody like that here in the Tailgate.

Tough call to make, Joe - but what more could you have done? Heck - for all you know, they could have been looking to set you up.

YOu did the proper thing.

Talked w. the wifey about this last night... She works with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice and has worked with DFACS. She basically said, hey, he did the right thing, the sad part is nothing will come of it. That the state will probably just interview her and go about their merry way.

I think you did the right thing. There's no way that a 2 year old kid should ever be left unsupervised for that long.

What makes this even more disturbing is the fact that from their perspective, they just left their 2 year old kid home alone with a stranger who is working on the house. They don't know anything about you. How in this day and age could they possibly leave their helpless kid alone with a strange handyman in the house?

This was my first thought also.