[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scary Conversation With My 9 Year Old Daughter

Perchoutofwater

I was eating lunch with my daughter at her school today. When you go to eat with your kid you can either eat in the cafeteria or out in the courtyard. We went out to the courtyard. So as we were eating she was telling me about this boy she likes, and that he likes her. Tonight is their Harvest Festival, and she was saying it was going to be like a date for her and Will. I asked her what constitutes a date for a 9 year old and she told me, it was just hanging out together and maybe holding hands. I'm like OK sounds fine to me. She says don't worry Daddy I'm not like Yolanda. I say what do you mean. She then tells me that Shaniqua told her that Yolanda is having sex. I asked if she believed her, and my daughters reply was "I didn't at first, but then I asked Yolanda and Yolanda says she is having sex."

Now who knows what constitutes having sex to a 9 year old, but that conversation made me real uncomfortable. I don't know the two kids she was talking to, or her parents. I'm thinking I should probably call the school councilor and discuss this with her. More than likely there isn't anything to it, but If my daughter was saying stuff like that I'd want to know. My daughter doesn't want to be brought into this. I'm thinking of calling the councilor and let her know that my daughter doesn't want anything to do with this, but that I thought she should be informed and possibly inform the parents of Yolanda and possibly Shaniqua. What do you think?

When my son was around 9, he thought having sex was kissing. I might ask my daughter what she thinks 'sex' is. I might also call school staff and inform them of this conversation. If a 9-yr-old girl is actually having sex, there is a good possibility that she has been sexually abused.

When my son was around 9, he thought having sex was kissing. I might ask my daughter what she thinks 'sex' is. I might also call school staff and inform them of this conversation. If a 9-yr-old girl is actually having sex, there is a good possibility that she has been sexually abused.

That was kind of my thinking as well. Like I said, who knows what a 9 year old considers sex, but I think I'd rather err on the side of caution.

This.

This is probably right and honestly hopefully it is spot on.

I think you should still say something to the school just in case it is not spot on. I think the circumstances are worse for the people involved if she truly is having sex as opposed to the outcomes if she is not.

As a foster parent, I am a mandated reporter. If I hear stuff like this (or abuse like beating, or neglect), I am bound by the court to report it to the school, or Child Protective Services. It takes any indecision out.

You absolutely should report this. And the school is obligated to investigate. While it may be harmless, it is more likely the girl is or has been abused. She may actually be having sex with another child, not an adult, but usually that sort of acting out is a by-product of abuse or neglect.

Edited by cre8tiff

Johnny came home from school and said "Guess what mom, I had sex with my English teacher!".

"Johnny! You go tell your father what you just told me!!".

Johnny's father was proud of the boy. He had become a man. "Let's go pick you out a new bike, Johnny!"

"Uh, I think a new iPod might be better", replied Johnny.

"Why's that, Johnny? You could use a new bike."

"My ass is killing me."

Edited by matt770

Johnny came home from school and said "Guess what mom, I had sex with my English teacher!".

Johnny's father was proud of the boy. He had become a man. "Let's go pick you out a new bike, Johnny!"

"My ass is killing me."

:wacko:

"My ass is killing me."

:wacko::tup:

"My ass is killing me."

"My ass is killing me."

My wife talked to the counselor and she talked to the two girls in question. According to them it they were talking about something they saw on YouTube.

That is a fabrication if I've ever heard one. I hope the Counssillour doesn't leave it at that.