[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

30 for 30

Jackass

I'm actually surprised there are so few threads on these. I lived in Texas at the time of Dupree and certainly remember The Hype but can barely recall his brief emergence when he played that handful of games for the Rams. Seeing all that was kinda funny - he actually did alright.

This is certainly one of the better ones, especially for this board. The U, Run Ricky Run, and The Two Pablos are can't misses either, and I've seen a decent chunk of them.

I don't think I had ever heard of Marcus Dupree in my life, but man, the talent was ridiculous on those films. Looked like Bo Jackson. I can't believe he got cut and didn't catch on anywhere. Even the few runs they showed in the NFL looked like they showed a lot of potential.

Ya i'm still thinkin bout that segment :wacko: I barely remember Dupree but another guy I didn't know was Tim Richmond the Nascar driver that died of aids and how the Northern Indy boy never fit in with the good ole boys, catch that one i don't follow Nascar but they said he was like 3 of the best drivers all rolled inta 1...King Richard treated'm like chit....Earnhart was a friend.

You're missing out. ESPN basically has different filmmakers make documentaries on events that are 30 years old. I think that's the premise. But each one has been exceptionally well done. Check it out.

there's no requirements that its thirty years old. The Two Escobars was in the mid 90s after the 94 world cup.

That said, The Two Escobars was the best one, I thought. But the whole series is great.

there's no requirements that its thirty years old. The Two Escobars was in the mid 90s after the 94 world cup.

That said, The Two Escobars was the best one, I thought. But the whole series is great.

Nothing spells excitement like a 15 year old soccer match.

wasnt so much about the match but the effects of the match. not sure what you're trying to get at there.

Actually the premise was more about Pablo Escobar and his effect on soccer in Columbia. He was laundering money through the youth and national soccer leagues and by doing so gained a ton of favor with the lower class who loved that they were given a chance to play on a decent field. It changed the Columbian national landscape.

Does that sound more interesting? 'cause it is.

The Marcus Dupree story was great. I loved the fact that he agreed to be interviewed for the documentary. I wont give away any spoilers, but the ending was very poignant.

I've seen almost all of the 30 for 30s this year. They are simply excellent. I thought the best one was "Reggie Miller vs the New York Knicks". Fantastic drama. The USFL one was good too.....very nostalgic watching that one.

polksalet is the coolest here!

people that bash soccer dont understand the game. its sad.

or are hetero sexual citizens of the United States. You mexicans need to get a handle on the ghey rage.

Edited by polksalet