[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who am I?

DMD

Who am I?

1. I gained over 2500 yards and scored over 25 TD's as a High School senior.

2. I never gained more than 400 yards in any college season.

3. I am currently a top 20 player in my position.

4. I scored 12 touchdowns in four years of college.

Well this game sucks.

Reasons why it is surprising that Peyton Hillis is the #3 FF RB currently:

1. Drafted late in the 7th round

2. Won award as "Best Blocking Back" in college

3. Was the THIRD back drafted from his college that year behind two first rounders (McFadden and F. Jones)

4. Never had more than 65 carries in any season in college.

5. Only scored 12 TDs during four years of playing in college.

6. Never gained more than 347 yards in any college year.

7. Never gained more than 343 yards in either year in the NFL.

8. Drafted as a fullback.

9. Dumped by drafting team and picked up to be blocking FB by new team.

10. Started the summer as no better than #3 on the depth chart (Harrison/ Hardesty)

11. Scored nine times in first nine games as a starter.

12. #3 RB currently in fantasy points

13. Top 10 back who weighs more than 250 pounds (FYI never before. Ever. Only backs above 230 were Lewis and Turner at 240 or so)

14. Plays for team ranked 31st in pass TDs, 29th in pass yds, 31st QB FF pts, 32nd WR FF pts so no reason to defend pass.

15. Is 6'2" tall (last nine years or so only S. Jackson and M. Forte that tall and yet college stars, highly drafted, etc. etc.)

16. Previous two years team RBs totaled only 6 (2009) and 5 (2008) rushing TDs for entire season.

17. Is a RB who has more receiving yards than any WR on the team roster.

That did not last long :wacko:

Who am I?

1. I gained over 2500 yards and scored over 25 TD's as a High School senior.

2. I never gained more than 400 yards in any college season.

3. I am currently a top 20 player in my position.

4. I scored 12 touchdowns in four years of college.

Well this game sucks.

Reasons why it is surprising that Peyton Hillis is the #3 FF RB currently:

1. Drafted late in the 7th round

2. Won award as "Best Blocking Back" in college

3. Was the THIRD back drafted from his college that year behind two first rounders (McFadden and F. Jones)

4. Never had more than 65 carries in any season in college.

5. Only scored 12 TDs during four years of playing in college.

6. Never gained more than 347 yards in any college year.

7. Never gained more than 343 yards in either year in the NFL.

8. Drafted as a fullback.

9. Dumped by drafting team and picked up to be blocking FB by new team.

10. Started the summer as no better than #3 on the depth chart (Harrison/ Hardesty)

11. Scored nine times in first nine games as a starter.

12. #3 RB currently in fantasy points

13. Top 10 back who weighs more than 250 pounds (FYI never before. Ever. Only backs above 230 were Lewis and Turner at 240 or so)

14. Plays for team ranked 31st in pass TDs, 29th in pass yds, 31st QB FF pts, 32nd WR FF pts so no reason to defend pass.

15. Is 6'2" tall (last nine years or so only S. Jackson and M. Forte that tall and yet college stars, highly drafted, etc. etc.)

16. Previous two years team RBs totaled only 6 (2009) and 5 (2008) rushing TDs for entire season.

17. Is a RB who has more receiving yards than any WR on the team roster.

That did not last long :tup:

:wacko:

I didn't think you'd play a trivia game with an answer that was that obvious. Next time I will underestimate you more. :tup:

I remember this big fella: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1989/rushing.htm

Christian Okoye

Christian Emeka Okoye

Position: RB

Height: 6-1 Weight: 253 lbs.

Born: August 16, 1961 in Enugu, Nigeria

College: Azusa Pacific

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1990/rushing.htm

Marion Butts

Marion Stevenson Butts Jr.

Height: 6-1 Weight: 248 lbs.

Born: August 1, 1966 in Sylvester, GA

College: Florida State, Northeast Oklahoma A&M (school history)

Career AV: 35 (2563rd overall since 1950)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1990/rushing.htm

Marion Butts

Marion Stevenson Butts Jr.

Height: 6-1 Weight: 248 lbs.

Born: August 1, 1966 in Sylvester, GA

College: Florida State, Northeast Oklahoma A&M (school history)

Career AV: 35 (2563rd overall since 1950)

Jerome Bettis

Jerome Bettis

Jerome Abram Bettis

Height: 5-11 Weight: 252 lbs.

Born: February 16, 1972 in Detroit, MI

College: Notre Dame (school history)

If someone had shown up on draft day and gone:

Eli

Hillis, Tomlinson

Brandon Lloyd, TO, Steve Johnson

Marcedes Lewis

You'd have laughed him out of the room.

its been that kind of fantasy season for me ...

thank you ryan grant , celek , steve smith and a bunch of others who have given me the worst fantasy season ever

Bettis may be the only other 250+ guy but he was a 1.10 draft pick taken to become an immediate starter.

To be fair, you didn't exactly make that criteria clear in the one line in question. You mention "Lewis" which, I assume, refers to Jamal. He wasn't quite 250 (pro football reference has him at 5-11, 240), as you mentioned, but he was taken #5 with the intention of being the immediate starter (Priest Holmes did start the first two games of the 2000 season, but this was before he was "Priest Holmes-fantasy stud" and Lewis started the last 14 games). It's a bit confusing that you would mention Lewis as a comparison to Hillis, with the caveat that Lewis was a little lighter, but exclude Bettis because of his draft position (which was 5 picks lower than Lewis). Just sayin'.

To be fair, you didn't exactly make that criteria clear in the one line in question. You mention "Lewis" which, I assume, refers to Jamal. He wasn't quite 250 (pro football reference has him at 5-11, 240), as you mentioned, but he was taken #5 with the intention of being the immediate starter (Priest Holmes did start the first two games of the 2000 season, but this was before he was "Priest Holmes-fantasy stud" and Lewis started the last 14 games). It's a bit confusing that you would mention Lewis as a comparison to Hillis, with the caveat that Lewis was a little lighter, but exclude Bettis because of his draft position (which was 5 picks lower than Lewis). Just sayin'.

I forgot about Bettis. I looked through the top ten backs for the last 7 years which had Jamal Lewis. I think Bettis was top ten a time or two. I mention Bettis draft position just as a further thing to show that Hillis weighed that much and was almost not drafted and yet Better who was about that weight was drafted very early so the weight was all they had in common. Lewis was drafted at the 1.05 and had high expectations from the start like Bettis.

I forgot about Bettis. I looked through the top ten backs for the last 7 years which had Jamal Lewis. I think Bettis was top ten a time or two. I mention Bettis draft position just as a further thing to show that Hillis weighed that much and was almost not drafted and yet Better who was about that weight was drafted very early so the weight was all they had in common. Lewis was drafted at the 1.05 and had high expectations from the start like Bettis.

Fair enough. And I didn't mean to nitpick. Clearly Hillis is a rare and exceptional talent who was overlooked by, well, everyone many times over. On the other hand, if you're going to make a bold statement like "FYI never before. Ever." maybe you should look further than 7 years back. ;-)

Edited by SatchDork