[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At what age of your child

whomper

OK. Maybe not uncool but I have a funny story from this weekend. My friend owns a big house in upstate NY. He has 61 acres. It was a cabin in his family for ages that they just kept expanding and now its a big great place. About 6 couples and their kids went to this place for Friday and Saturday . We had an absolute blast. Hanging by the fire at night, riding quads all day, drinking, eating and being Merry. These couples have awesome kids. About 10 kids there including mine ranging from 7-15. My oldest is 9. She was hanging with the 10-13 year old kids. They really liiked her and she liked them. Even my little one was hangin with them.

My wife and I were taking turns checking on them periodically and we were getting the stink eye. Kind of like the "OK, you can go now " look. Understandable , I suppose. They were hanging with the girls and didnt want the parents cramping their style. We were having an awesome time with the adults but obviously you have to check on them and make sure they are ok every now and then. So we are sitting by the fire and about 50 feet away was a hugh rope hanging from a tree that the kids were swinging on. It was dark and I had a pretty nice buzz going. My little one is pretty athletic, my oldest is decent but ive seen her work on the monkey bars and lets just say I wasnt totally comfortable with tree rope swinging, especially when it got dark. I was sitting by the fire with my wife and I said that i dont feel comfortable with the rope swinging now that its dark. In the day it was ok cause she wasnt swinging that far (feet barely left the ground ) but at night I didnt like it. So I tell my wife and she agrees. Of course she isnt gonna be the dbag to put an end to it :wacko: she sits there at the fire while I go over to take the bullet. She grabs the rope and I said. "sorry honey, I dont want you on the rope when its dark". The other kids didnt care at all but I could see it embarrased her a little

I had to do what I had to do as a parent because their safety comes first but I felt a little bad. I gave her space the rest of the night and just checked in here and there . Her and her sister gave me the heisman every time I checked in. So my wife and I kind of laughed . I said that I cant believe shes only 9 and im not cool already. It made me think of when shes a teen how that dynamic is going to be an adventure. Anyway, the kids all slept in this one hugh room. They had some couches , sleeping bags etc. So they all laid down to sleep and I hear "Daddy...Daddy.." I know its her so I go over to the mattress that she was sleeping on and knelt down next to her and asked her whats wrong. The whole time she is looking over my shoulder with a pale white scared look on her face. My kids arent very good with sleep overs so I figured she was just a little nervous in the strange house etc. So finally after asking whats wrong a few times I look back over my shoulder and their is about 1/3 of a deer mounted on the wall behind me :tup: It was its head , front hooves and like half its stomach. She was shit scared of the mounted deer :tup: I didnt gloat, I didnt say "you didnt want me before and now you need me" I just gave her a hug and brought her upstairs and felt cool again when she said she felt safe again as we fell asleep

Edited by whomper

+1... hope it lasts as long as possible.

Don't you have one on the way? If so, did you take your kids to the ultrasound or am I thinking of someone else?

That was us and we did end up taking them to one of the ultrasounds. Worked out well, they are excited to have another sibling, the 6 year old even saying he wants to learn how to change diapers (just notthe poopy ones yet) but I'm sure that will wear off soon enough. Baby is just a few weeks away.

Awesome story Whomp....my oldest is 11, and is starting down the "not cool" road already. I think that road has always been there...its just the speed limit gets faster and faster as they get older.

Oh, and :wacko: at the dads here who are under the impression their kids think they are cool. There's an old poker expression: "If you can't spot the sucker in the first five minutes, its probably you".

Awesome story Whomp....my oldest is 11, and is starting down the "not cool" road already. I think that road has always been there...its just the speed limit gets faster and faster as they get older.

Oh, and :wacko: at the dads here who are under the impression their kids think they are cool. There's an old poker expression: "If you can't spot the sucker in the first five minutes, its probably you".

I'd say my oldest was around the same age. Very well stated Swammi.

Whomp, you are forgetting that you'll always be cool. For us normal people, with daughters, it was around age 11 for one, and the other who is now 12 still thinks I'm cool. I know for a fact I am the best dad ever because my 2 year old son tells me that almost every night....so I got that going for me, which is nice.

3rd Grader: Hey look everybody, Billy peed his pants.

Billy Madison: Of course I peed my pants, everyone my age pees their pants. It's the coolest.

3rd Grader: Really?

Billy Madison: YES. You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants.

3rd Grader: Hey look, Ernie peed his pants too. Alright!

Old Farm Lady: If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Billy Madison: OOH. That was the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life. Let's Go.