[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

And you don't think this is an over-reaction for you to lump in an entire group with 1 guy's opinion? :wacko:

I've even defended JUM as a writer, but his bold accusations were way out-of-line IMO, and worthy of being called out over (just like he claimed he would)... But nice try at demonizing the group who is arguing in favor of giving people the benefit of the doubt. Have fun defending McCarthy.

There are at least two people in the thread who stated JUM has no honor. If you aren't one of them, then I wasn't speaking to you. I have repeatedly stated that I though JUM was totally wrong. I just take exception to any totalitarian condemnation of the man in the manner it was done by a couple of posters. You were not one of those posters.

Simple enough?

LOL, I've been reading every one, hour by hour.

I still think they colluded. The statistical outcome doesn't or couldn't change my opinion. :wacko:

Ooooo a smiley face makes it all better.

Ya know what? You are not worth anymore of my time.

Any chance this Jum guy is busy today or is not near a PC and has not had the opportunity to come here and eat crow?

I guess I am just trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt??

I spend all day Monday researching and writing Under The Numbers for Tuesday morning, including posting a ton of the daily News bits you read onsite. No way was I gonna miss this, though.

I'm puzzled at the vitriol, but then again -this time of year there's always lots of testy, irritated FF'ers on message boards- including me, I had to sit at LP Field and watch Chris Johnson screw me -- live, in person. :wacko::tup:

her team is out of the playoffs, his team was on the bubble. that's what I was referring to, seems fairly straightforward.

You said her team is playing for nothing. If that's the case, why should anyone care what she does or how it looks?

I played in a league with two brothers who would make iffy trades, and make iffy lineup decisions like this. it took repeat offenses, and individually they could all be kinda-sorta defended but ultimately it killed an otherwise good league. yes, bad faith "crept in". people are naturally on the lookout for these kinds of issues in fantasy leagues involving close personal relationships, and in my experience it is more often than not for good reason. and it's just so easily avoided in a situation like this one.

I play in a league with brothers. I've never seen anything shady. I play in leagues with guys I know are close friends but whom I've never met in person. I've never had a reason to suspect anyone. But then, I don't go looking for one. Just because people share a roof or a blood relation, they're suspicious? How is it so "easily avoided"? By having the rest of the league set her lineup for her?

I think it's a pretty stupid move regardless of gender. if I was in a league with my wife, and I was playing her the last game of the season with my team going nowhere and hers on the cusp of the playoffs, I would be mindful of how it might look to the rest of the league if I were to make "ballsy" moves that week like benching my "unbenchable" stud for a hum-drum committee back. that is all I am really saying here.

I see stupid moves every week. It's never caused me to think the people who made those moves were cheating.

I spend all day Monday researching and writing Under The Numbers for Tuesday morning, including posting a ton of the daily News bits you read onsite. No way was I gonna miss this, though.

I'm puzzled at the vitriol, but then again -this time of year there's always lots of testy, irritated FF'ers on message boards- including me, I had to sit at LP Field and watch Chris Johnson screw me -- live, in person. :wacko::tup:

Karma is a bitch...

LOL, I've been reading every one, hour by hour.

I still think they colluded. The statistical outcome doesn't or couldn't change my opinion. :wacko:

Ooooo a smiley face makes it all better.

Ya know what? You are not worth anymore of my time.

I am done too. Your stubbornness and unwillingness to listen to reason seriously has me now wondering about your competency in giving advice in a game that is constantly changing... If you want my honest opinion, I think you're taking it personally that someone would sit your homer wonder boy Chris Johnson, even when he's struggling, that you can only justify it with cheating... Well, everybody doesn't think like you, thank God. In the fantasy world, when you struggle and lose games, you find yourself on the bench, right or wrong...

Obviously your column about "ASYS" is a joke then, if every person that sits their studs is simply colluding... I have to agree, your stance says alot about your character, and it's all negative.

Edited by delusions of granduer

This whole thread is idiocy. Nobody with shred of self worth would allow their opinion re: pre-existing facts to be swayed by the actual outcome of those facts. That said, the opinion in question is idiocy in its highest form.

Threads like these make trolling these boards worth while . . . high entertainment.

I don't believe what my eyes just heard :wacko:

Come on guys - you really expect him to change his opinion re: collusion simply because Ford scored more than CJ? He knew that was a possibility going in - same way it was a possibility that Kyle would be outscored by every other QB in fantasy this week. Does that mean it was wrong to think that Orton was a good play at the time? No.

His opinion is, to be frank, ridiculous - but you can't expect him to change it based on a simple outcome.

Ok I took the time to read this whole post, so here's my 2 cents.

First off, for those of you married. Let me ask you a questions? Would YOUR wife LET you win if she had the chance to beat you? Uhhm donno about your relationships but many times and I will go so far as to say most times Husband vs. Wife are some of the most competitive situations out there. In fact, I will go on to say this wife pulled out all stops to beat here husband. She said to CJ, your not going to continue to dog my team with underperformance and benched his arse. Basically saying I can get your production of late with LT or TJ, hell even Ford's been coming on. Good for her.

She assest the situation in Tenn, weak QB who's hurt, defenses will load up on the run, coupled with CJ putting up duds.

I applaud her for her decision making. You go Girl........... :wacko:

Many of you all have never been married because if you think for one minute that there are many wives that are football fans out their married to their football fan husbands, playing FF would even consider laying down one week so that their husbands could make the playoffs while she is already out.....................you are all in for a rude awaking when you get married.

The football wives I know that play FF may lay down but do something like this. On the eve of the game, would beg her husband to take her out, get him diaper dirtfaced drunk, then screw the living daylights out of him all night, just so he forgets to put in his lineup on Sunday morning. And if that didn't work, start a fight about something that happend 10 years ago, then go out with the girls so he is sure not to enjoy his victory.

Bottom line is this, Husband vs. Wife is about as competitive as you can be and if you think for one minuite that she would want to let her husband in the playoffs without her your crazy.

Now newly weds are a different story. That lovey dovey first few months would be cause for alarm, but after the first year, forget it. It's on...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

This is directed to the "owners can start who they want" crowd.

Is it that cut and dried?

Say Brother A and Brother B are playing this/last week. A is battling for the playoffs. B is out and a victory means nothing.

At 12:30 pm you note that B has benched Dwayne Bowe and started Brian Robiskie is his place. You have no other information.

The questions: 1) Is there a problem or issue with that? 2) Does the fact that they are brothers enter into the equation at all?; and 3) Does the fact that Robiskie scored more FF points than Bowe yesterday matter?

Just curious.

Say Brother A and Brother B are playing this/last week. A is battling for the playoffs. B is out and a victory means nothing.

At 12:30 pm you note that B has benched Dwayne Bowe and started Brian Robiskie is his place. You have no other information.

The questions: 1) Is there a problem or issue with that? 2) Does the fact that they are brothers enter into the equation at all?; and 3) Does the fact that Robiskie scored more FF points than Bowe yesterday matter?

Just curious.

Dude, let people manage their own flipping teams. It's really that simple. And if you think they are cheating, get out of the league after the season. Is it really that complicated?

Just curious.

Nothing is cut and dried. I would ask 'B' for his rationale and if it made sense, I could go with it. For example, if 'B' said, "I believe Champ Bailey is going to cover Bowe like a blanket and there is no way Bowe will have a good day with Bailey on him--so I'm rolling the dice with Robiskie" then I let it go and accept it at face value.

Just curious.

This. Especially if hubby gets in playoffs and has chance to win $$$. Opinions will vary (wildly, it turns out).

Dude, let people manage their own flipping teams. It's really that simple. And if you think they are cheating, get out of the league after the season. Is it really that complicated?

Hugh one, you married? See my post above and tell me you still think she tried to win.

Just curious.

you are missing the point ,,,,,,,,,,, it doesn't mater who scored how many points

he is calling her a cheat and doesn't even know the girl

he is saying that all married couple that play FF together cheat

and that is BS

Just curious.

Well, is Robiskie putting up huge points for consecutive games, while Bowe continues to put up goose eggs like he did yesterday? If so, then yes.

If not, then the situation becomes a bit murkier, and I'd at very least consider not inviting them back if it seemed shady, but I think it's comparing apples to oranges, when in this case there is no more reason to suspect collusion than there is to suspect it could be legitimate lineup decision.

This is ultimately the POV I've learned is best. There was a time when I'd get bent out of shape every time someone did something that I thought was a dumb idea because of how it upset the balance of power in the league. That included horribly lopsided trades or things like this. The problem is, as often as not, it didn't work out that way. So what this taught me was that maybe I wasn't so smart after all. Maybe I shouldn't judge something as stupid to the point of being borderline shady based on what I thought was the best move. And if I brought it up here, I was going to get the opinion of a bunch of dudes who are looking at the same cheat sheet I am. But that doesn't mean it certainly is.

On one hand, you have accusing people of cheating at a game, which is kind of a big deal. And I think something that you have to have some pretty massive proof to do. Because telling someone they're a cheat is kind of big. One would think that you need to see a pattern of such behavior before you play that card, just for the sake of harmony.

On the other hand, what's the worst that happens? First off, it's not like this assures the guy of winning a game he wouldn't have otherwise won. Which, considering Johnson's 6.7 pts and the fact that he'd been rather poor of late, would mean that the other player would have required a close game and the fact that the dude started in place really stunk it up. He would then have to go on and win a few more games. So, it's not like this act in and of itself is handing him the league payday.

With that in mind, I think the best way to handle it is to let the cards play themselves out and hope karma takes care of things in the event that you gave them a benefit of the doubt they didn't deserve.

Taking another approach means you'd better be prepared to lose a friend or be known as an a-hole. Because, at that point, it goes beyond FF and becomes an issue of character.

Married, 10 years. And I don't let my 3 year old beat me at board games. Winning is earned, not given, on all levels.

My point exactly, if this couple has been married for over a year I would say the husband was in a lose lose either way. If he wins he loses because she is out and that isn't good. And by the looks of things she pulled out all stops to win......

As I said before, the only husband vs. wife senario that would worry me is newly weds who are in that first few months of "I wanna do what ever makes you happy honey". After a year, all bets are off