[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Metrodome Roof collapses?

J.D.Morrison

...Th main issue is when will they announce it?...

One of the local news outlets has tweeted that the Vikings have scheduled a 10am press conference, presumably to announce plans for when/where the game is to be played ... NFL office apparently has a meeting starting shortly to decide.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the local news outlets has tweeted that the Vikings have scheduled a 10am press conference, presumably to announce plans for when/where the game is to be played ... NFL office apparently has a meeting starting shortly to decide.

If they move it to TCF, they are predicting -13 for a low Monday.

Thx for the info TS ill keep an eye out.

Our cbssports.com league calculates final matchup scores on Tuesday AM - I'm assuming all others do too. What happens if the Vikings/Giants game is played Tuesday night or later in the week? Will those scores count toward this week's playoff matchups or are owners of Vikings and Giants players screwed for this week?

what a mess

Giants are in KC. What would stop them from having Minny travel there today and playing tomorrow? I guess you can argue tickets and getting people to work the game and so on, but I'm sure they could work it out. OR they play at the Gopher's new stadium.

They BETTER play tomorrow at the latest. If not it is totally unfair to the Giants. We have a huge game against the Eagles next Sunday and we can't be jerked around because of this past Monday night.

Why have Minn go to where the Giants are - the obvious is to play at the Gopher stadium - al efforts should be made to make it easier on the Vikings than the Giants to still give some home field advantage.

I am pretty confident they will find a way to play it tomorrow. First thing is it would be pretty unfair for the Giants to play Tuesday or Wednesday and then have ahuge game next Sunday against Philly. Sure the Giants would protest that. Second thing is I'm sure they can figure out some way some where to play tomorrow night. Can't see why they wouldn't be able to.

Why have Minn go to where the Giants are - the obvious is to play at the Gopher stadium - al efforts should be made to make it easier on the Vikings than the Giants to still give some home field advantage.

I think you are reading WAY too much into this. I don't care where the hell they play the game as long as it is tomorrow night. I would think not playing in that loud dome is already an edge for us, so I could care less where they play it. Just be sure it is tomorrow night, which I'm sure they will.

I think you are reading WAY too much into this. I don't care where the hell they play the game as long as it is tomorrow night. I would think not playing in that loud dome is already an edge for us, so I could care less where they play it. Just be sure it is tomorrow night, which I'm sure they will.

How about outside at TCF(Gophers) stadium. -13 degrees predicted-Not counting wind chill!!!

I am pretty confident they will find a way to play it tomorrow. First thing is it would be pretty unfair for the Giants to play Tuesday or Wednesday and then have ahuge game next Sunday against Philly. Sure the Giants would protest that. Second thing is I'm sure they can figure out some way some where to play tomorrow night. Can't see why they wouldn't be able to.

not sure the NFL is worried about fair.

As was pointed out the Giants got an extra homegame a couple years ago. Them having to play on Tue or Wed and get a short week would even out the "fairness" the Giants have gotten

:wacko:

not sure the NFL is worried about fair.

As was pointed out the Giants got an extra homegame a couple years ago. Them having to play on Tue or Wed and get a short week would even out the "fairness" the Giants have gotten

:wacko:

Oh stop it already. I am pretty sure they would not have the Giants play Tuesday or Wednesday and then need to play a huge game Sunday. They will play tomorrow somewhere. 90% sure of that. Can't see any reason they wouldn't. Doubt if you wait an extra day the Metrodome will be good to go anyway.

How about outside at TCF(Gophers) stadium. -13 degrees predicted-Not counting wind chill!!!

Per CBS radio a few minutes ago this is being discussed as an option - however, expecting to play in a dome, the NYG did not bring any of their "cold weather gear" with them, and there is speculation they can't get it all together & shipped out to MIN in time for a game outdoors tomorrow nite? Not sure just how much "gear" they need to cobble together, but somehow it does not make a lot of sense to me that it can't be shipped in time, unless flights to MIN are still not reliable.

-----

E2A, update from NFL.com below:

Metrodome official Bill Lester said Sunday morning that the stadium is unlikely to be ready in time for kickoff Monday night.

Lester is the executive director of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission that operates the stadium. He said the dome suffered damage to two of its triangle-shaped Teflon panels and that his crew is still assessing the situation.

-----

Further update:

The rescheduled Monday night game between the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome has now been canceled, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

The National Football League, the Vikings and Giants are meeting Sunday morning to figure out what to do next.

Edited by ts

Per CBS radio a few minutes ago this is being discussed as an option - however, expecting to play in a dome, the NYG did not bring any of their "cold weather gear" with them, and there is speculation they can't get it all together & shipped out to MIN in time for a game outdoors tomorrow nite? Not sure just how much "gear" they need to cobble together, but somehow it does not make a lot of sense to me that it can't be shipped in time, unless flights to MIN are still not reliable.

I would think the VIkes have some long johns and l/s shirts etc they could give them

Oh stop it already. I am pretty sure they would not have the Giants play Tuesday or Wednesday and then need to play a huge game Sunday. They will play tomorrow somewhere. 90% sure of that. Can't see any reason they wouldn't. Doubt if you wait an extra day the Metrodome will be good to go anyway.

I would imagine they'll play it monday regardless of the Giants "huge game next week"

I would imagine they'll play it monday regardless of the Giants "huge game next week"

Agreed. Hopefully from a Giant POV they stay focused here. This could go bad for them if they don't stay focused. Big game against Minny no matter where they play and huge game against Philly next week. Obviously this has taken them off their normal routine no matter what the solution is.

I have such a hard time believing this.

It mush have been a while sense u played football back in high school.. When we played cold weather game (here in Oho) we had all kinds of stuff from underarmor, to long johns, gloves, hats, coast (mainly for the sidelines) and the QB's RBs and WRs had those hand warmer things the pro have.

Now mulitiply that times a whole freaking football team.... It's one thing to have all 60 some guys grab their cold weather gear each and bring it on the plane. It hard for 5 or 6 people who don't know where everything is in people's lockers to have to find all that pack it up and ship it to Minn where they still don't know if the plane will land...

My bet is they keep it on Monday Night and play in the Meadowlands due to A. they have the facilites staff and fans B if they were to use the Gophers Stadium they'd most like have to pay for it which they don't want to do.