[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bad will Costco be on December 26?

MojoMan

Ours is always a fricking zoo... Like a United Nations convention, but everyone has to push a shopping cart with three kids in it. Personally, I would lay low and stay away from that place on the 26th, unless there is something you absolutely have to have by then. Wait a couple of days... the return lines will shrink, and the store will be less busy in general. People have this misconception that the 26th is a great day to go shopping for deals... That may be the case at some places (that are trying to get rid of their pre-holiday inventory), but Costco isn't that type of store. Doesn't matter... they'll probably be there in droves.

I've never been in a Costco or a Sam's Club. :tup:

My parents have a membership to Costco. I need to hang with them once, I guess.

Pfft. Real Mericans get themselves a membership to Costco and then grab one of dem hugh carts and start throwin chit in their by the handfuls. :wacko:

Now today I went to Costco for something else. Understand I am not going way out of my way to go there. If I am not heading to where Costco is for something else then I don't bother but today the place is a zoo. There is a pen set in the place that my daughter wants so I sent her in with my wife. Seemed like 45 minutes later that they came out they reported lines at the checkout that were longer then they have ever seen and plenty of people buying one or two things. Not the normal bulk shopping.

Costco needs a maximum items lane or two. It friggin' sucks to have one item and have to stand in a lane with cart(s) overflowing. Also, the deals they use to have just don't seem like "deals" anymore. I mean their prices aren't much lower (if at all) than some other places. The reason I shop there is their return policy. But shouldn't the deals be better if you are already paying for a membership fee?

Edited by millerx

Supply and demand. They used to have to give better deals to suck people in. Now that the warehouse store thing is popular, they don't need to be so great that way. Still probably worth it for people w/kids but otherwise debatable and for my $ not worth it.

Supply and demand. They used to have to give better deals to suck people in. Now that the warehouse store thing is popular, they don't need to be so great that way. Still probably worth it for people w/kids but otherwise debatable and for my $ not worth it.

This thread is like a train wreck for me. I just can't keep looking and then posting.

I love Costco. Not just for the bulk supplies that I used to use the store for but I always find great deals on things like the two cameras that I recently bought. A TV that I bought about two months ago. A snowblower and a generator that have all been purchased this year. I did shop around a little but in the end each item I felt was best purchased at Costco. No hassle returns. I mean NO HASSLE. If the thing you bought goes down in price, you always get your money. I bought a Garmin there last Christmas. It was screwing up when you tried to use it on battery power. I took it back about two months ago. I really did not even expect them to take it back but they did. Then I got the replacement 60.00 cheaper. How can you beat this place?

Costco needs a maximum items lane or two. It friggin' sucks to have one item and have to stand in a lane with cart(s) overflowing. Also, the deals they use to have just don't seem like "deals" anymore. I mean their prices aren't much lower (if at all) than some other places. The reason I shop there is their return policy. But shouldn't the deals be better if you are already paying for a membership fee?

I've done business with both Costco and Sams Club. They have a fixed margin. They only mark items up by 15% or so.

Edited by The Irish Doggy