[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So last night was the best group of performances I've ever seen on the show. Probably 4 or 5 of them would win easily in any previous year. We're starting to see Jacob, Casey, Pia, and James elevate themselves to star caliber, with Haley, Paul and Lauren not far behind. When I think about all of them in one concert...man, that could be a great show.

If Stefano does not go home, a great disservice will have been done.

I would like to see Pia's thighs again next week please.

Is it just me, or does Paul have a stage presence unlike anything AI has ever seen. At least for me I guess. That dude is gonna make some serious vinyl.

i don't know if it's just you, but i don't see that at all. think he and Stefano need to go next. but that could just be me.

Loved the show last night. Not one bad performer, and some were plain excellent.

That being said, Stefano is likely to go, even though he turned in his best performance of the season. Casey, again, is getting a ton of accolades I don't think he deserves. He's a quirky guy that has captured everyone's attention...but the guy is an average singer at best. Haley screamed through many parts of the song last night, but the parts she sang were dead-on. Still, I think of the remaining girls, she has the least to offer.

Bottom 3: Stefano, Haley & Casey

Going home: Stefano

i don't know if it's just you, but i don't see that at all. think he and Stefano need to go next. but that could just be me.

Paul has kind of a Nick Drake vibe to him. I think he will release successful albums regardless of the outcome of the show. I think he is the most likely to do so, but then not the most likely to win.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

i also think all the slobbering by the judges is making people think these contestants are better than they are.

I am so much in agreement. They are making me sick with making these people feel like they are super stars. Don't get me wrong, I do think that this is a strong group but where is the honest CC that almost each one needs?

Simon would be telling Paul: Listen, if I am going to be honest with you, I think you need to find a gig with a Rod Stewart tribute show.

He would tell Pia: ummm...it was just okay for me. I mean the singing was not horrible but you just sort of put me to sleep on that one.

Not sure he would have the stones to tell Jacob that he is a freak and people are not going to vote for you if you contort yourself like that.

Haley would get lots of hot and cold comments. He would say I don't think that was as good as you can do. I heard you screaming...

I could go on and on here but like Simon or not at least he said what he felt. These judges have this entire group thinking they are the best ever and have long, lucrative, careers at front singers. I just don't agree with that at all.

agree. tyler and lopez seem so reluctant to criticize and when they do, it's with a bunch of qualifiers and placations. randy is the only one left who gives some semblence of criticism, so i'm glad he's still there. if they stay with the show, i think it will be easier for the other judges to provide the feedback that is needed, bringing some of the singers back to reality.

agree on stefano. he's a few weeks overdue.

don't get jacob love. i thought that was excrutiating. i thought he missed notes and didn't bring anything new to the song at all. go back and watch kris allen do the song from a couple seasons ago. far better.

all the rest i do truly enjoy, even haley. it's tough to rank because they are all so different, which is what is making this season a special one.

agree. tyler and lopez seem so reluctant to criticize and when they do, it's with a bunch of qualifiers and placations. randy is the only one left who gives some semblence of criticism, so i'm glad he's still there.

it's true to an extent, BUT....I do think in general there is a lot less suckitude on the show than in years past. I think it's a tribute to the main producer guy, plus all the other producers they have working with these folks. there are very few total bomb song choices, very few performances that don't in some way reflect well on the capabilities of the singer. to me it is clear they are more effectively and universally "coached up" this year than ever in the past, and I think that is also a factor in the lack of negative feedback.

last night...jacob was excellent, but I kind of hate that song, and I worry about him a little bit this week because it seems like going first is a bit of a curse with the voters. he shoulda sang "let's get it on", he woulda absolutely slayed that chit.

lauren was pretty good. she is growing on me a little bit. not sure she was quite up to that song, though. she sure looked stupid though, with the hair and the plaid tablecloth short-suit thing. blech.

casey was great, credence was a great choice for him, and the vibe he brought it was really effective.

haley -- IMO, she keeps doing pretty well....for her. all the kinda growly stuff that has kinda become her signature just sounds like such a cheap affectation to me though. I dunno. as long as she's out before the better singers (basically, the top 4 or 5 guys), I don't care whether she goes out this week or sometime in the next 3 or 4.

pia, as always for me, very blah. she doesn't have a powerful voice at all. a pretty and well trained voice? yes. but IMO she'd do well to avoid a powerful, soulful singer like tina turner. she comes off very glitzy and puny by comparison.

scotty, meh, it was aiight, dawg. good that he tried to show some versatility and fared pretty well vocally. just seemed a little corny. I wouldn't anticipate him going home.

james durbin, I thought it was pretty weak for him actually. but still pretty nicely done, and hopefully he is safe because he is good and I like him.

paul was nice, you may or may not like his voice, but he's a very good performer who always comes out solid doing his thing. and I like his voice well enough.

stefano, yuck. corny as hell, like always. with any luck, it will be him or pia going home this week.

my least favorite, in order.

1 - stefano

2 - pia

3 - haley

4- lauren

Edited by Azazello1313

One thing you have to take into account with Paul - he is maybe the only singer there that you would always know his voice if you heard it on the radio. That counts. Scotty sounds like Rodney Atkins. Most of the other singers are very, very good - but would you instantly recognize them on the radio?

I agree 100% DMD. I like Paul but I don't get the sense that he gets much love. He just looks like the kind of guy that could be doing this for a long time and sounds pretty good doing it.

I don't feel like that was a stretch at all for Scotty Mcreepy, Az. I mean where the hell was Elvis from? I think Haley was the only one to really go to what I consider the rock n roll level. I loved Janis so I don't know if I am swayed on Haley because of that or the fact that at times she is super sexy.

I don't see it being her this week. I mean I am not crushed and writing letters but really at the very least Stephano, (who had a decent week), should have gone before her.

I think he is a lock for next week and it hasn't even started yet.

:wacko:

Pia is gone...America you bleux it. I am never watching that shatty show again. What a joke...

By the way...Pia is soooooo hawt. After I'd dislocate her gutz...I'd proally eat the corn out her... :wait:

Is it just me, or does Paul have a stage presence unlike anything AI has ever seen. At least for me I guess. That dude is gonna make some serious vinyl.

if the judges felt so strongly about Pia, maybe they should've offered some opinions that differentiated her from some of the other contestants. When you say everyone's awesome and that they nailed it, then you leave it in America's hands to form their own opinions, which is going to make it more likely that some of the better singers get voted off early.