[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Electronic Cigarettes

Rovers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three weeks and counting. Just a bump for anyone who hasn't jumped on these E Cigs. You wanna quit, PM me. Don't go to 7-11 or the mall. PM me. That stuff will not work for most. I know what will. PM me.

Did I mention you should PM me? :wacko:

Three weeks and counting. Just a bump for anyone who hasn't jumped on these E Cigs. You wanna quit, PM me. Don't go to 7-11 or the mall. PM me. That stuff will not work for most. I know what will. PM me.

Did I mention you should PM me? :tup:

Congrates! :wacko:

So how do you feel now? Can you breathe better? Feel more energy? Still coughing up the lung butter in the morning?

Did I mention you should PM me? :tup:

:wacko:

Man I've been thinkin' bout it. I quit over 2 months ago but this last couple of days I've been jonesin' bad.

• 1 month later...

2 months and counting. Today is my 2 month anniversary, and 2/10 is a date I will never forget. Life changing modification in my lifestyle. No doubt in my mind I will never take another puff of tobacco ever again.

Gilthorp, as for your question... I intend to quit these things as well. I am not "vaping" as much as I did earlier on. So, using these E-Cigs I have eliminated the risk of emphazema and lung cancer. Now it's just about the nicotine addiction. It's one step at a time, and I'm not pressuring myself to get off these things on any sort of time table, but eventually, I'll get off these as well. The next step is to lower the nicotine dosage in the "juice" I vape. That will be a pretty slow process I think, but I'm really not going to try to force that issue just yet. In time, might even take a year, I'll be off these E Cigs as well.

In the meantime, I feel much better, don't hack away in the morning, chronic sinus issues diminished... this is easilly and by far and away the easiest way to quit smoking for the hard cases like me. Nicotine is only marginally worse than say caffiene, so from a health standpoint, getting off the 2000 toxic by products of cigarette tobacco is a nice start.

2 months and counting. Today is my 2 month anniversary, and 2/10 is a date I will never forget. Life changing modification in my lifestyle. No doubt in my mind I will never take another puff of tobacco ever again.

Gilthorp, as for your question... I intend to quit these things as well. I am not "vaping" as much as I did earlier on. So, using these E-Cigs I have eliminated the risk of emphazema and lung cancer. Now it's just about the nicotine addiction. It's one step at a time, and I'm not pressuring myself to get off these things on any sort of time table, but eventually, I'll get off these as well. The next step is to lower the nicotine dosage in the "juice" I vape. That will be a pretty slow process I think, but I'm really not going to try to force that issue just yet. In time, might even take a year, I'll be off these E Cigs as well.

In the meantime, I feel much better, don't hack away in the morning, chronic sinus issues diminished... this is easilly and by far and away the easiest way to quit smoking for the hard cases like me. Nicotine is only marginally worse than say caffiene, so from a health standpoint, getting off the 2000 toxic by products of cigarette tobacco is a nice start.

Keep it up!!!

• 1 month later...

Another bump. Hit 3 months a week ago, and it's easy. No tobacco urges. Still vaping the strongest nicotine level, but it's a victory, no different than using the gum or a patch. In time, when ready, I'll start cutting the nicotine dosage.

Not bumping for self serving reasons, rather to let others know how effective these things are if you want to quit smoking. It's never been easier.

Another bump. Hit 3 months a week ago, and it's easy. No tobacco urges. Still vaping the strongest nicotine level, but it's a victory, no different than using the gum or a patch. In time, when ready, I'll start cutting the nicotine dosage.

Not bumping for self serving reasons, rather to let others know how effective these things are if you want to quit smoking. It's never been easier.

I bet your wallet's happy. :wacko:

I bet your wallet's happy. :wacko:

From 25 dollars a day to about a buck-fifty. Now, to pay down my credit card bills. Smoking made me a poor man. The best smoking cessation product ever created, andf the FDA wants to get it banned for no legitimate reason whatsoever. I don't consider big drug comapany and tobacco interest lobbyists legitimate reasons, but that is at the bottom of it, along with the crooked politicians these interests fund.

By the people, for the people... yeah, right. Nice idea. I wonder what ever happened to those ideals. Long ago and far away....

• 8 months later...

Another week to my one year anniversary.

I guess I've become complacent, as I haven't lowered my nicotine dosage yet, as I had originally planned. I'll use this date as an impetus to lower my dosage. I've gotten too content with vaping, it's so easy. And cheap. My cost is down to about 50 cents a day.

The upside is that people at work have noticed, and several have picked these things up and quit smoking too. At first I would try to get the smokers interested, but that didn't go well. Far better to wait for them to ask me about electronic cigs.

My health is drastically improved. My sense of smell rivals a blood hound now, I smell things I never noticed before, not always a good thing. I haven't really put on any additional wieght. Food does taste much better. The morning coughing is long gone.

Now to start lowering my dosage. One year is long enough, time to get back to work and eventually be completely free of nicotine too.

I guess I've become complacent, as I haven't lowered my nicotine dosage yet, as I had originally planned. I'll use this date as an impetus to lower my dosage. I've gotten too content with vaping, it's so easy. And cheap. My cost is down to about 50 cents a day.

The upside is that people at work have noticed, and several have picked these things up and quit smoking too. At first I would try to get the smokers interested, but that didn't go well. Far better to wait for them to ask me about electronic cigs.

My health is drastically improved. My sense of smell rivals a blood hound now, I smell things I never noticed before, not always a good thing. I haven't really put on any additional wieght. Food does taste much better. The morning coughing is long gone.

Now to start lowering my dosage. One year is long enough, time to get back to work and eventually be completely free of nicotine too.

That's awesome, John. :tup:

By the way, clean out your PM inbox, please. :wacko:

Great news!!! :wacko:

Nice job Rovers. It's been great watching your success story. :wacko:

Thanks for the grats.... I was truely a lost cause, no hope of ever quitting, no money to keep smoking. Then I discovered these e cigs. Freakin miracle as far as I'm concerned.

I bumped this after reading ebar's thread about Chantix. Whatever works....

Clubfoot, how you farting on your attempt? Um... faring I meant.

Clubfoot, how you farting on your attempt? Um... faring I meant.

It's getting better. 54 or 55 days in a row without a cigarette. I'm down to 3-4 of the 2mg Nicorette Lozenges a day, still check in on the web site daily.

ETA: helps a ton to see others quitting too. Thanks. :wacko:

Edited by Clubfoothead