[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-Sleep

nuke'em ttg

how many Huddlers fall asleep in the recliner and then go ta bed, i've been doin a 10:30-2:30 shift in the chair and then head ta bed, i think young people do more sofa surfin all night cause they don't wanna spend tacos on a recliner and just use a handmedown sofa ta puke on.

Oh I love me some pre-sleep sleep. Recliner, couch, guest bed... anywhere I can catch a few z's before the wife finally decides it's bedtime. :wacko: I'll flip on ESPN and toss a blanket over me and will sleep for a good half hour or hour before we finally settle back into the bedroom with our 2-month old.

definently not good for the brack, but my shoulder hurts worse in bed :wacko:

I don't remember if it was a pre-sleep episode or a "can't sleep in the bed with the baby snoring so I'll go sleep on the couch" one... but a couple weeks ago my shoulder/back had the worst pain everrrr.... I was contemplating going to get acupuncture or something. It finally went away, but man did that hurt. :tup:

wife goes to sleep before me and needs quiet. i need a tv on. i often go downstairs to our family room and watch tv in my recliner. common for me to nod off, then head to the guest room which is right there vs going back upstairs to our bed. found out a while ago that walking back upstair wakes me up (increases heart rate etc), so i just settle in in the guest room.

definently not good for the brack, but my shoulder hurts worse in bed :wacko:

Man this is me. Bed kills my shoulders. Sofa kills the brack. I shift back and forth all night long. My wife says that I am driving her nuts with all the moving around that I do all night long.

No matter what though, if I fall to sleep on the couch or on a recliner, they leave me alone and walk around like mice.

wife goes to sleep before me and needs quiet. i need a tv on. i often go downstairs to our family room and watch tv in my recliner. common for me to nod off, then head to the guest room which is right there vs going back upstairs to our bed. found out a while ago that walking back upstair wakes me up (increases heart rate etc), so i just settle in in the guest room.

My wife and I are the same way. Our compromise is that I have some wireless headphones I can wear. That way, I can fall asleep with the tv on, and the only thing that she needs to worry about is the light from the tv (if she's still awake). Mostly though, she goes to bed ahead of me and she will turn it to a channel (i.e. xm station that only shows black on the screen). By the time I come up and put the headphones on, she's asleep. She will wake up in the middle of the night and hit the tv off for us.

Just an idea, it works for us.

My wife and I are the same way. Our compromise is that I have some wireless headphones I can wear. That way, I can fall asleep with the tv on, and the only thing that she needs to worry about is the light from the tv (if she's still awake). Mostly though, she goes to bed ahead of me and she will turn it to a channel (i.e. xm station that only shows black on the screen). By the time I come up and put the headphones on, she's asleep. She will wake up in the middle of the night and hit the tv off for us.

Just an idea, it works for us.

i'll talk to her about it. very similar to you guys....light bothers her (as i keep sound down and don't flip channels at that time). mrs is pretty sensitive to me changing channels.... been hypersensitive since baby 5 yrs ago..... momdar is strong with her

Bier - get her a sleep mask, will help the light thing

I'm lucky in that my wife will fall asleep right away. We'll watch a show and I have to check on her every few minutes to make sure she hasn;t dozed off. But, when she is out, she is out fast.

I usually take a while to fall asleep and while I prefer the TV on, I know I stay awake longer because of it. Occassionally I'll fall asleep on the couch, but that is usually weekends when we want to watch different things. I find I'll doze out there for a few hours, wake up about 3am or so, head in to bed and not be able to fall brack to sleep for an hour or so.

Bier - get her a sleep mask, will help the light thing

I'm lucky in that my wife will fall asleep right away. We'll watch a show and I have to check on her every few minutes to make sure she hasn;t dozed off. But, when she is out, she is out fast.

I usually take a while to fall asleep and while I prefer the TV on, I know I stay awake longer because of it. Occassionally I'll fall asleep on the couch, but that is usually weekends when we want to watch different things. I find I'll doze out there for a few hours, wake up about 3am or so, head in to bed and not be able to fall brack to sleep for an hour or so.

Same here. I rarely doze off on the weekends, but when I do, I feel like a million bucks. I'd live to be a 100 years old if I could take a power nap everyday. I just wish I fell asleep as fast as she does. She's out before she hits the pillow. It takes me an hour or two to wind down.