[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want to go on record right now

Azazello1313

and say that nick fairley is probably the best defensive player in this draft. dareus is a nice player too, but any team that drafts him over fairley (go broncos!) will wind up regretting it. :wacko:

No they won't. Fairley is a freaking head case.

Fairley is over-rated by a bit. He had a great national championship game where he went astoundingly unblocked on 2 of his sacks. But he's the definition of a one-year wonder with work ethic and head-case issues attached. His upside might be higher than Dareus', but his floor is way, way lower and the odds of his crapping out are IMNSHO much higher than his becoming a stud DT in the NFL. Way too much risk, specially for a top 10 pick.

Dareus on the other hand is going to give some team an outstanding & steady DT who will make his share of plays but will have to be accounted for on all plays and will free up LBs behind him to do their jobs. He's going to do exactly what a DT should do and has a shot at making a few pro bowls in his career.

I'll take the Dareus over the Fairley if I'm badly in need of DL help any time. If I've got a solid DL with some vets with good work ethic and leadership abilities, Fairley is a nice player to add to see if you can cull out his issues and turn into a monster.

DEN has no business taking huge risks on guys like Fairley given how needy they are in the front 7. If he is bust, you've set the whole D back another year in its recovery.

I think Denver should take a DE, say Robert Quinn or Bowers (if he is truly past his injury) and if the Broncos do pass on Dareus that is who I see the Bills taking (even if Cam is on the board).

Edited by keggerz

Fairley is over-rated by a bit. He had a great national championship game where he went astoundingly unblocked on 2 of his sacks. But he's the definition of a one-year wonder with work ethic and head-case issues attached. His upside might be higher than Dareus', but his floor is way, way lower and the odds of his crapping out are IMNSHO much higher than his becoming a stud DT in the NFL. Way too much risk, specially for a top 10 pick.

Dareus on the other hand is going to give some team an outstanding & steady DT who will make his share of plays but will have to be accounted for on all plays and will free up LBs behind him to do their jobs. He's going to do exactly what a DT should do and has a shot at making a few pro bowls in his career.

I'll take the Dareus over the Fairley if I'm badly in need of DL help any time. If I've got a solid DL with some vets with good work ethic and leadership abilities, Fairley is a nice player to add to see if you can cull out his issues and turn into a monster.

DEN has no business taking huge risks on guys like Fairley given how needy they are in the front 7. If he is bust, you've set the whole D back another year in its recovery.

This

+1 on Dareus. At #2, he's their best bet that fills the greatest need.

Looking further in the draft, I will be pissed if they even consider taking an offensive player before the 6th round. MAAYBE they take Kyle Rudolph with their 2nd 2nd rounder if he's there, but I'm tired of seeing all the mocks of them taking a running back early. F that! Yes, Knowshon is brittle and not that good, but just fix the damn lines first already.

NFL Network says that latest buzz is Von Miller to Denver...

:wacko:

Von Miller has to be their pick.

Yeah, I heard a couple outlets saying it's very possible.

FWIW, I think Patrick Peterson is the best defender in this class by a country mile.

NFL Network says that latest buzz is Von Miller to Denver...

yeah and I'm pretty good with that. if I were making the pick, I'd probably take him or peterson. yeah, I think fairley has the most potential to be dominant (he was the biggest difference maker of the bunch this past year in college), but there is a greater risk factor as well. I think the DT position just scares me with that high a pick.

Miller would be a great addition, but they'd better plan on his playing WILL, because if he's the SAM and lined up behind Doom, teams will run that way all day long. Those two guys are players, but they're also damned light and Doom's Achilles' heel is his ability to anchor against the run.

Miller would be a great addition, but they'd better plan on his playing WILL, because if he's the SAM and lined up behind Doom, teams will run that way all day long. Those two guys are players, but they're also damned light and Doom's Achilles' heel is his ability to anchor against the run.

Yup, Miller's far too small to play the SAM there. He'd be a solid add to the other side of that line, though.

Fairly plays way too long/tall to be even near the player he was in college. He hardly ever plays low and that presents hugh problems in the NFL. Now being next to Suh and Van may help a bit, but I see him as decent, but not great in the league. Dareus on the other hand is so much more usable as an interior lineman.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

For all the question marks concerning Fairly SUh and VandenBosh will server as great motivators for Fairly. Fairly will have so many chances to succeed basically never seeing double teams with Suh on the line. Now the lions just need to sign Nnamdi.

This is kind of how I see it. The Detroit D line might be pretty f-ing scary next year. I really thought they would have jumped on Prince at that spot to fill their need for CB, but I guess they just couldn't pass on Fairly.

If I've got a solid DL with some vets with good work ethic and leadership abilities, Fairley is a nice player to add to see if you can cull out his issues and turn into a monster.

This.

This is kind of how I see it. The Detroit D line might be pretty f-ing scary next year. I really thought they would have jumped on Prince at that spot to fill their need for CB, but I guess they just couldn't pass on Fairly.

So, now they lose 0-3.....thanks to the defense..... :wacko:

So, now they lose 0-3.....thanks to the defense..... :wacko:

Don't watch much Detroit ball? For losing their starting QB for most of the year, that team could still put up some points. I think they finished around the middle of the league in total offense, but I consider that to be decent with the amount of time Stafford sat on the bench. Personally, I would have gone Prince but I have to assume they have some free agent in mind for CB (considering how bad the corners were for DET).

No . . because Fairley will not play defensive end.

If they drafted centers and guards, that would make more sense.

:wacko:

You're not serious, right? I really have gotten to the point where I don't know if you are fishing or not.