[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone even care anymore?

Hugh 0ne

Nope.

Amazing fall that he has had.

All these "injuries", I'm wondering if his ex didn't work him over pretty good with the 3 iron that night.

[bowling for Soup]cause he's still preoccupied with 19 19 1985[bowlingforSoup]

I was a junior on my high school golf team at the time, heading to the UofO on a golf scholarship and him being caught cheating was hugh for me. I've never forgotten.

Jack Nicklaus' record is safe and sound....thankfully.

Woods was never worthy of it. His surly demeanor on the course, snapping at fans, showing zero respect for the traditions of the sport -- lots of people including myself never liked him and I'm glad he'll never surpass Jack.

I'll admit though, many times I sat in awe of his feats on the course. You can't be a fan of golf and not appreciate his immense skills when he was in his prime. I just rooted against him because he was a huge prick at the same time.

I'm still a few years away from writing Tiger off as far as Jack is concerned. Jack won majors in his 40's. Tiger still has 10 years to get what, 5 more?

Typically the US Open creates a lot of money for those in the golf equipment industry, and my paychecks would be at least twice as big for a month or two if Tiger were to win. I've never been one to care much for off-field (course) antics. If there was a rule that you could only root for good guys, most of us would have never had sports heroes. As a fan of the game of golf, I miss Tiger immensely. It is barely even the same sport without him. We really need Rory to have a big week. It's kind of cool having a wide open US Open, I have no freakin' idea who I think is going to win, and other than Phil or Cabrera, there isn't really anybody else that I wouldn't be surprised about when they win.

I've spoken with people involved in other fantasy sports and unlike football, Tiger has ruled golf. Anything related to him generates interest. Him just showing up has been money in the bank. Without his star power, golf takes a tumble in viewership. Same thing in fantasy basketball for Kobe Bryant. His name on any article means it gets read and he rules the NBA in terms of star power. Football doesn't have anyone like that really.

Woods was never worthy of it. His surly demeanor on the course, snapping at fans, showing zero respect for the traditions of the sport -- lots of people including myself never liked him and I'm glad he'll never surpass Jack.

I'll admit though, many times I sat in awe of his feats on the course. You can't be a fan of golf and not appreciate his immense skills when he was in his prime. I just rooted against him because he was a huge prick at the same time.

Like a black dude winning the Masters... :wacko: