[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Piano wire strangling

whomper

I am at my wits end on how to deal with a situation that keeps arising on my bus when commuting to and from work. It never fails , the person that sits in front of me decides to pop their seat all the way back to the point where they are practically sitting in my lap. I am 6'3" I can sit somewhat comfortably with the seat fully upright and yet these little Fin douschbags that I have anywhere from 7" to a foot on in height think they are in their living room recliners.

My commute in is a little different. I get the bus at its first stop so I can pretty much sit anywhere I want . The reason that is important is because what I have been doing is putting my hands on the back of the seat in front of me as soon as someone sits in the seat and not allowing them to back it up. They think the seat is broken and try multiple times but I either hold it with my knees or hands. The other day a guy just refused to stop trying. When I finally thought he stopped trying i stopped pressing my knees against the seat and he jacked it back in my lap. I got both of my hands and in pure pass block mode I jacked his seat, Boselli style, he turns around and says "Excuse me" I said " Do you want to know the reason your seat stopped going back. Its because of my Fin knees. We did the stare down then he moved his seat up.

The problem is on the way home I am one of the last people to get on the bus. These bastards are all already in their seats and they are all jacked back. I always very politely say. Can you please pop that seat up a little bit. They give me the stink eye and move it up just a little bit. I usually have to ask them to do it again and it ends in confrontation.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying I should enjoy pure 100% comfort while these people dont. I just cant get over the fact that someone my size can fit without jacking the seat all the way back so why cant these much smaller people ? I am seriously to the point where I want to beat someone bloody.

Edited by whomper

Bus seats recline? :wacko:

and there in lies the problem. My brother said the same thing. He said these friggin seats shouldnt recline at all. it would solve the problem easily.

Same thing happens to me on planes - and usually it is a freakin' midget that has me boxed up tightly in my space. Dropping a daisy or two will normally get them moving their seats as far away as possible.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Same thing happens to me on planes - and usually it is a freakin' midget that has me boxed up tightly in my space. Dropping a daisy or two will normally get them moving their seats as far away as possible.

Forget about planes. I just forgo all thoughts of comfort on planes. thats why I fly jet blue as much as possible. Continental thinks everyone is 5'2

During my morning commute I hop in my car, turn on sports talk radio and drive like a maniac. Never had a problem with people reclining their seat into my space.

YOur example is one of the 76,543,298 reasons I would never take public transportation.

During my morning commute I hop in my car, turn on sports talk radio and drive like a maniac. Never had a problem with people reclining their seat into my space.

YOur example is one of the 76,543,298 reasons I would never take public transportation.

It would cost me an extra 70 bucks a week to do that. I used to drive in every day when my buddy worked here. me him nd my bro car pooled and alternated cars. He left the company and the parking garages around here tripled their rates in the past 2 years because many of them are selling out to developers so the remaining ones have you by the short hairs so they jacked up their rates

Edited by whomper

I'm curious about the other 76,543,297 reasons. Could you list them all here for me, please?

It would cost me an extra 70 bucks a week to do that. I used to drive in every day when my buddy worked here. me him nd my bro car pooled and alternated cars. He left the company and the parking garages around here tripled their rates in the past 2 years because many of them are selling out to developers so the remaining ones have you by the short hairs so they jacked up their rates

Just busting your chops.

I'm curious about the other 76,543,297 reasons. Could you list them all here for me, please?

Certainly.

1. People who take public transportation smell funny

2. Buses and commuter trains smell funny

3. Prime place to pick up lice

4.Prime place to pick up crabs

5. Prime place to pick up a cold

6. Prime place to pick up the flu

7. Prime place to pick up TB

8. Prime place to pick up meningitis

9. Prime place to pick up leprosy

10. Prime place to pick up a sinus infection

11. Prime place to pick up a bronchial infection

12. People are inconsiderate and I would have to choke someone with piano wire (Jail sucks.)

13. I was born in the backseat of a grey hound bus rolling down HWY 41

14. I get claustrophobic

16. I don't like Mexicans

17. You can't get a commuter bus to pull over so you can take a dump

18. You have to go to a designated place to catch public transportation (you gotta drive or walk that far, may as well drive to work.)

19. Whomper rides public transportation

20. Prime place to pick up another one of 76,543,277 other disease or maladies

It seems like this thread has gotten a bit off track and we're ignoring your real issue.

My advice: Piano wire is going to be too noticeable. Any kind of strangling is going to draw attention to yourself and you'll end up on the prison bus (although I doubt those seats recline). You're going have to do something very quickly most likely while in the process of taking your seat so that the other motion hides your actions. A neck crank may be possible. Otherwise, if you carry a briefcase, you might need to carry along a heavy, blunt object to use.

I am 6'6" and have commuted on a bus. I always sat in the middle of the backseat, knees in the aisle. Sounds like you could certainly do this on the way in.

Other than that, when you are in public, people are inconsiderate & I have grown numb to it, never complaining about it.

Yesterday, at my 8th grader's graduation, the considerable crowd was instructed not to yell out when all the names were announced, lol. Also, everyone was instructed not to get outta their seats until all the graduates had left the room, lofl. People around me then started to loudly complain about these things. I suggested they never leave their home.

Everytime someone reclines into you, reach over and start rubbing their shoulders and then start breathing heavy and moan gently to them.

:tup:

But if they enjoy that, they may follow you home. :wacko:

I am 6'6" and have commuted on a bus. I always sat in the middle of the backseat, knees in the aisle. Sounds like you could certainly do this on the way in.

Other than that, when you are in public, people are inconsiderate & I have grown numb to it, never complaining about it.

Yesterday, at my 8th grader's graduation, the considerable crowd was instructed not to yell out when all the names were announced, lol. Also, everyone was instructed not to get outta their seats until all the graduates had left the room, lofl. People around me then started to loudly complain about these things. I suggested they never leave their home.

Very good suggestion and I have done that. the problem there is that I like to sleep on the bus on the way home and I cant sleep unless I am leaning against the window. That snooze I take on the bus is crucial since everyone is always awake all the time in my house.

Very good suggestion and I have done that. the problem there is that I like to sleep on the bus on the way home and I cant sleep unless I am leaning against the window. That snooze I take on the bus is crucial since everyone is always awake all the time in my house.

Might I suggest a shooting rampage instead of piano wire.