[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dog Day Afternoon

frenzal rhomb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering the cop was standing there picking his nose - why bother.

Because you have kids and every scrap of documentation will help you in the event you need it. Even answering this question kinda makes me shake my head. Good luck bro.

Because you have kids and every scrap of documentation will help you in the event you need it. Even answering this question kinda makes me shake my head. Good luck bro.

I dont have kids - but neither here nor there. My point is this, the cop heard the threat and didnt even say boo - why report it now when it was in the presence of the cop

I dont have kids - but neither here nor there. My point is this, the cop heard the threat and didnt even say boo - why report it now when it was in the presence of the cop

I think they are talking about in case future litigation is needed. A cop doesn't necessarily run around trying to do everything. The system as a whole can put more force on him if certain things are on record. It's kind of like saying, why should I complain to management when the guy behind the counter heard my complaint loud and clear. Just my 2cents.

My bet is that cop hears so much crap throughout the day that, unless someone pulls a weapon or take a swing, he's not going to do much.

Hopefully you take the high road and don't let the scumbag bait you into doing something you regret. Sounds from your description like it's only a matter of time before that a-hole pisses off someone who decides to exact revenge in less civilized means than taking him to court.

My bet is that cop hears so much crap throughout the day that, unless someone pulls a weapon or take a swing, he's not going to do much.

Hopefully you take the high road and don't let the scumbag bait you into doing something you regret. Sounds from your description like it's only a matter of time before that a-hole pisses off someone who decides to exact revenge in less civilized means than taking him to court.

How about if I print out the newspaper articles about him defrauding the government and embezzling 17k from the ambulance corp and mail them to the houses where he is working and say - do you know this man is in your home??

I forget, do you have exterior camera's monitoring your property? If not now seems a good time to get them. I could see Cooter here downing a twelve pack or two this Friday and then acting on revenge plots that have been rattling around inside his melon for the past few days.

I forget, do you have exterior camera's monitoring your property? If not now seems a good time to get them. I could see Cooter here downing a twelve pack or two this Friday and then acting on revenge plots that have been rattling around inside his melon for the past few days.

Nope - no sidewalks - no streetlights etc. Yeah I know, I expect it too. I check my yard every morning and my driveway before I leave. I'm actually surprised at how quiet hes been. Doesnt even yell or give me the finger when driving by, but thats all pre court decision

I'm going to guess his threat occurred in the hallway, away from the judge's ears, where I'm sure having a cmaera in a front shirt pocket represents no problem.

You usually can't bring one into the courthouse.

:lol: Mike humans will try to make a buck anyway they can :tup:

Yes, but is this actually a way someone can?

Hypothetically speaking... :wacko: ...say you had a judgement against some loser for say, like $500,000. This loser is even a bigger loser then frenzals loser. Are there actually 3rd parties out there that would purchase such a judgement? Or are allowed too?

My advice is to just ignore the guy.

If he starts harassing you or does something that makes you fear for your safety, you could apply for some type of PPO. You'd be wasting your time doing that right now, or doing anything else for that matter.

Hypothetically speaking... :wacko: ...say you had a judgement against some loser for say, like $500,000. This loser is even a bigger loser then frenzals loser. Are there actually 3rd parties out there that would purchase such a judgement? Or are allowed too?

Well, you can assign your rights under a judgment to someone else. Its rarely done because: 1) if you can find assets, your going to want to try to collect it yourself (probably by hiring a collections attorney); or 2) if there aren't any assets, no one is going to want to pay anything to you for the assignment.

Edit: One thing that you probably could do, if he has a job, and if you know where he works, is garnish his wages. This would definitely stir the pot every two weeks.

Edited by Furd

Well, you can assign your rights under a judgment to someone else. Its rarely done because: 1) if you can find assets, your going to want to try to collect it yourself (probably by hiring a collections attorney); or 2) if there aren't any assets, no one is going to want to pay anything to you for the assignment.

Thanks Furd.

Yea, I'm thinking a methhead sitting in jail for stealing copper wiring out of a house(his latest offense) probably has limited assets. :wacko:

How about if I print out the newspaper articles about him defrauding the government and embezzling 17k from the ambulance corp and mail them to the houses where he is working and say - do you know this man is in your home??

Give his experience, escalating things will give him the home filed advantage unless you are as a big a scumbag as him. If you are as big a scumbag as him then I don't give a $hit what the two of you do. Unless you are equally scumbaggy, he is probably willing to take this much farther than you are.

Let it go. He's probably judgment-proof anyways. If he messes withyou in the future, get a restraining order. Document any harassment. Call the cops out for anything real. You aren't being a p*ssy about things, you are preparing your self defense defense.

Then if the mother f*cker sets a pinky toe on your property, you shoot him and call 911. If he survives and does anything other than fall to the ground and remain still until the cops arrive, you shoot his face. You feared for the safety of yourself, your property and your life partner - with good reason. And thanks to Hugh and Pope and Furd's advice you will be able to prove it. Now that's not legal device because if it was, it would probably be pretty bad legal advice. I live in Texas and that's what I would do.

Yes.

The judgment itself is treated as an asset basically by collection companies. Think of it like a bad or defaulted loan. There are companies out there that will pay pennies on the dollar for your judgment and then they will employ their strongarm collection techniques to try to get something out of the guy, taking the risk that they might get nothing. Almost all of them require that the judgment be in an amount greater than ≈ $10k to $20k.