[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Club Championship tomorrow

Big F'n Dave

First round 82. Started bogey-double-par-bogey-bogey-QUAD-bogey. :wacko: Ten over after seven holes. Even par the rest of the way - two birdies, two bogeys and seven pars. Coulda been better - missed a couple short par putts, but it DEFINITELY coulda been worse. Final round tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

First round 82. Started bogey-double-par-bogey-bogey-QUAD-bogey. :tup: Ten over after seven holes. Even par the rest of the way - two birdies, two bogeys and seven pars. Coulda been better - missed a couple short par putts, but it DEFINITELY coulda been worse. Final round tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Way to hang in there after a rough start!! :wacko:

Besides you can always go for net instead of gross :lol:

Shot 80 Sunday. First place low net in my flight. :tup:

Still not hitting the ball, but scoring reasonably well. Next up: Match Play. :wacko:

Shot 80 Sunday. First place low net in my flight. :lol:

Still not hitting the ball, but scoring reasonably well. Next up: Match Play. :wacko:

:tup:

If you're not hitting the ball well, but scrambling well, you'll have a game that will demoralize match play opponents. In our match play finals last year, I was outplaying my opponent tee to green on every hole (I'd hit a wedge for my 2nd from the fairway, he'd hit a hybrid from the trees) and he'd make some miraculous shot and ended up beating me. Definitely one of the most frustrating rounds I can remember - there was no doubt that he was in my head. After cruising through the first couple rounds this year, I had to play a friend in the quarterfinals ....we're so used to playing together that I'm not sure either of us were playing our normal match play games. I missed a couple short putts down the stretch and ended up losing 2&1.

I think your schedule must be the opposite of our's. Our match play tournament goes through August but our club championship isn't until Oct. Of course, we're also still waiting for our summer to start. I play in the Oregon MidAm in a couple of weeks. It's on a course that doesn't fit my game - very tight with old, well grown trees along the fairways. I anticipate hitting a lot of irons off the tees.