[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your First Concert

darin3

With a few good music-based threads out there, and taz's post in the Cash thread, figured this would be a good one to toss out to the fishes...

What was your first concert?

I'll go first, and pardon me while I put on the :lol:

Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd.

:tup:

Seriously, you should be ashamed - Color Me Badd? :wacko:

OZZY OSBORNE for me. I was in awe when I turned around to 4 topless chicks on their boyfriends shoulders. Lets just say there were alot of lighters, doobage and craziness.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, you should be ashamed - Color Me Badd? :wacko:

If it makes any difference, I got the tickets for free (it was an ampitheatre across the street from my house - they had given us tickets as part of a lawsuit settlement with the city) AND I went with my then-girlfriend, who of course liked both acts.

And it was really to see Paula Abdul... Color Me Baddddd was just the opener. Abdul was wildly popular at the time... 1992... Straight Up!

If it makes any difference, I got the tickets for free (it was an ampitheatre across the street from my house - they had given us tickets as part of a lawsuit settlement with the city) AND I went with my then-girlfriend, who of course liked both acts.

And it was really to see Paula Abdul... Color Me Baddddd was just the opener. Abdul was wildly popular at the time... 1992... Straight Up!

just shows D3 would do anything back then to get out of the house. LOL. Really, just being at a concert, especially outdoor, I don't care who is playing they are usually fun, b/c it is what you make of it. I would think the Paula Abdul show back then had alot of tail there :wacko:

just shows D3 would do anything back then to get out of the house. LOL. Really, just being at a concert, especially outdoor, I don't care who is playing they are usually fun, b/c it is what you make of it. I would think the Paula Abdul show back then had alot of tail there :tup:

Oh for sure, and of course I brought sand to the beach... :wacko:

And yeah, it definitely did not go downhill from there. I've seen some seriously good concerts... Dave Matthews Band, 311, Sublime, Cypress Hill, Pearl Jam...

Paul Revere & the Raiders-1966

They were a staple, along with the Kingsmen, at the National Guard Armory Friday/Saturday sock hops in and around Portland before they became famous. Must have seen them at least 50 times. :wacko:

QUOTE (skylive5 @ 7/17/11 12:03am)

Cro and the Mag Men. Europe. Great percussionists.

Fixed.

Ahhh.... the first great jazz artists. I actually sat in with Cro every once in awhile. That was why I didn't mention them. :wacko:

OMG Busted!

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1303

Cro Magnon biography

CRO MAGNON define their style as "urban chamber" with folk influences. With faint echoes of early ART ZOYD, MIRIODOR, UNIVERS ZERO and JULVERNE (a weird, early 80's Belgian band that blended rag time, old jazz tunes and lounge music of the 19th century), their sound draws on classical music and also a bit on jazz, folk, and rock. They are essentially drum less but still rhythmically very powerful. The quintet have two albums to their credit, released in 1992 and 1997 respectively.

"Zapp!", with its revolutionary rhythms, Central/Eastern European flavour, classical bits and unusual harmonies, will certainly take you very, very far into unexplored territories. Call it acoustic, eclectic, atomic or electric, it is at times funny and intense, at other times surprisingly relaxing. "Bull?", their second album, is more dynamic and even more unique. With one foot in the classical world and the other in urban arrhythmia, its compositions are well worked out and played very spontaneously; it also features cello, snare drums, trumpet, French horn and clarinet. As one smart alec put it, it's advisable to listen to these albums 1/3 at a time (for fear of sonic disorientation, no doubt).

If you're already a fan of ART ZOYD, UNIVERS ZERO or The PENGUIN CAFÉ ORCHESTRA, this band will certainly put a smile on your face.

Aerosmith - Lowell Tech gym - around 1973 or 74 - I think Foghat opened the show

Tried searching for their concert history, but couldn't find anything to help me come up with the exact date.

If it makes any difference, I got the tickets for free (it was an ampitheatre across the street from my house - they had given us tickets as part of a lawsuit settlement with the city)

you must have had the world's worst lawyer

you must have had the world's worst lawyer

It was a settlement with the city, and specifically our neighborhood. We live across the street from the amphitheater, which was built on existing fairgrounds property. Noise complaints and such.

We got 2 tickets to our choice of I think 5 concerts and got 10 free County Fair tickets yearly for as long as we lived in the neighborhood.

Speaking of the Fair, it kicked off last night... something I really and truly miss about living there. :wacko: