[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

you're doing it wrong

wiegie

Never knew this but don't think it would be a big change to the way the game is played. Think about it: when have you or your opponent ever passed on buying a property? I never pass and would venture to guess most people don't either.

This is why auction FF drafting is way better too. Too bad some of you dumbasses still don't get it and continue with that ridiculous "hurry up and pick" thing. :wacko:

I gotta agree with you there. You mean I can't get Chris Johnson because of an f'n roll of the dice? What the...

Oh, and I never knew about that Monopoly rule either. I could see where that would make it more strategic.

Never knew this but don't think it would be a big change to the way the game is played. Think about it: when have you or your opponent ever passed on buying a property? I never pass and would venture to guess most people don't either.

So if competitors nos. one and two each own a yellow property and you land on the unowned yellow property, you would buy it?

So if competitors nos. one and two each own a yellow property and you land on the unowned yellow property, you would buy it?

Yes. I buy everything I land on. Thinking about this a little more, only way I wouldn't is if I did not have $$$...and THAT would allow the open bidding to affect outcome.

Yes. I buy everything I land on. Thinking about this a little more, only way I wouldn't is if I did not have $$$...and THAT would allow the open bidding to affect outcome.

Well, that's not the smart play.

Allocation of resources is a big part of the game. That money is better used elsewhere Plus you want those guys to get in a bidding war and pay more that the property's face value.

Well, that's not the smart play.

Allocation of resources is a big part of the game. That money is better used elsewhere Plus you want those guys to get in a bidding war and pay more that the property's face value.

damn furd, you suck at monopoly. OF COURSE you buy the unowned yellow property, PARTICULARLY if you think it is a property that would set off a bidding war. its value at that point in the game is almost certainly greater than the sticker price, either as property you try to develop (by acquiring the other two), or one you try to trade, or one you sit on to keep others from developing. do you think you're better off if your opponents pay that premium above face value to the bank, or to you?

Even the utilities and green properties, which have poor values for their prices?

You might pass if you played by these rules, because you could jack up the price of a property you know your opponent wants by counter-bidding.

The ultimate would be playing with an actual auctioneer....alrightParkPlaceherewe'vegotParkPlacestartatthreefiftythreefiftydoIhearfourI'vegotfourhowaboutfourfiftyfourfifityfourfifty I'VE GOT FOUR FIFTY!!! LetmehearfiveforParkPlacedoIhearfiveI'vegotfivenowfivefifttyfivefiftyforParkPlace..........(Long inhale).......fivefiftyIhavefivefiftynowsixdoIhearsixhundredforParkP

laceyoucan'tbuildhousesonBoardwalkwithoutParkPlaceI'vegotfivefiftygoingonce....going twice....and SOLD!!! Sold for five-fifty!!!

you never pass on buying a property, ever. you buy all u can to stop others from forming monopolies. the amount you put into a single property will never impact the outcome of a monopoly game. maybe you pass on the last green if they are already split and you have one of them and you are in a dominant position, but by then, the outcome of the game is set. i've always known about this rule and it has never impacted the outcome of a game ...

you never pass on buying a property, ever. you buy all u can to stop others from forming monopolies. the amount you put into a single property will never impact the outcome of a monopoly game. maybe you pass on the last green if they are already split and you have one of them and you are in a dominant position, but by then, the outcome of the game is set. i've always known about this rule and it has never impacted the outcome of a game ...

pretty much agree, but in my experience it does sometimes come into play when the player who landed on it doesn't have enough coin to buy it and can't or doesn't want to mortgage properties or sell assets.

pretty much agree, but in my experience it does sometimes come into play when the player who landed on it doesn't have enough coin to buy it and can't or doesn't want to mortgage properties or sell assets.

true, could happen. if the players are smart, all the props are being bought up early, while everyone still has cash. only in the rare event where nobody landed on a prop for several rounds could this come into play and if the person is broke, then someone else probably has a monopoly and is well on the way to winning ...

I had Monopoly on the Super Nintendo and this was how the game was played.

If you passed on a property or couldn't afford it, the property went up for auction to the other players. It really made the game faster.

Dude! Did you have Super Metroid? I was so hooked on that game. Super Nintendo was a sweet machine.

I had Monopoly on the Super Nintendo and this was how the game was played.

If you passed on a property or couldn't afford it, the property went up for auction to the other players. It really made the game faster.

This, except I had it on Sega Genesis instead.