[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

This is what you said

This is what my reply was...

You said something that was basically untrue and did it in a very condescending manner when we were trying to have a good conversation with opinions on both sides weighing in. So if you got your feelings hurt by me calling you "silly" then I apologize. I doubt it, but maybe I & most of the other folks in this thread completely misunderstood your intent.

Below is the quote where I posted how I thought the RB situation would pan out. I still think that was the intent of the offense this year & yes, I agree, I overestimated Ingram a bit and underestimated the usage of PT a bit. Overall, I still think they've gotten the production out of the RBs that they were looking for and are playing with a more balanced offense like I expected. What I didn't expect was the Saints to use PT as much between the tackles early on as they did and I think that could be a result of Payton just being more comfortable with PT to start the season (Payton did say that he was the only one keeping Ingram from winning ROY). However, I have noticed a trend over the last few games using Ingram & now Ivory more in that role & with good results as evidenced in the 80/1 in week 12, 54/1 in week 13 by Ingram and again the 53 by Ivory last week.

......and, how did that work out for you ff wise?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was'nt warrented. that's the kinda stuff that makes a thread become personel.

.......-this is the same bag-o-dicks that disagreed with me about Portis a couple years ago.

..go play by yourself :wacko: ...-the adults are talking.

So who's getting personal again?

not trying to put it in everyones face....

Who posted in: NOS RB Update

Poster Posts

hooknladder 63

rajncajn 35

SLAYER 18

bpwallace49 16

piratesownninjas 16

i_am_the_swammi 16

lawofmurphy 14

darin3 11

Avernus 11

tazinib1 10

keggerz 8

Goopster24 6

DMD 5

delfamdelfam 4

Big John 4

detlef 3

OCSkins 3

Brentastic 3

montster 3

neilfish2 2

BearBroncos 2

Bring Back Pat!!! 2

Capt. Stanky 1

westvirginia 1

slainte 1

LordOpie 1

flemingd 1

Square 1

bankerboy 1

Duchess Jack 1

MTSuper7 1

3rd and schlong 1

Big Ernie McCracken 1

stethant 1

Pope Flick 1

michaelman 1

Deathpig 1

byron2112 1

Big F'n Dave 1

JUMbotron 1

Scooby 1

Double Agent 1

Scorcher 1

Sturphy 1

loaf 1

The Wolf 1

HowboutthemCowboys 1

MikesVikes 1

A little focus please people... somehow PT and Ivory are available and I could use some flex help in the semis...who's got more value this week?

I would say this is the classic "safe vs. upside" quandary. I think Thomas is the safe bet to get you 4-10 points. He'll get the work inside the 20s, but Brees loves to look to Graham and Colston in many situations in the red zone.

I think Ivory is due to get 10-15 touches, and since he's essentially fighting for a job, I expect him to run with some authority. It's my opinion that he's the upside pick out of the pair.

I was fortunate to find Ivory on the wire in a 16-team league in which my RB corps was decimated, and am starting him in hopes he gets me double digits.

don't take this too personal bro,.....but you have WAY too much free time on your hands. :wacko:

Says the guy who's taking a freaking victory lap in a FF thread. Or, rather, 10 victory laps.

Classic.

Edited by detlef

Tell me again why Thomas doesn't get more carries than Ivory?

They want to make sure he's healthy for the playoffs.

Sproles was the big winner this week, hope the yardage was enough for owners with Ivory if you started him.