[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

Hook comes around every year at this time, locks onto one player and then acts like a troll.

Non-sense like this is turning the forums into a bitchfest opposed to a football forum.

No one is saying he's a lock for top 10. Simply stating that it's plausible that he sneaks into the top ten. Quit fishing, and get over the Clinton Portis thing already.

Edited by piratesownninjas

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if PT gets hurt again (not a longshot)...Ingram should put up about 1500 total yds and 8-10 TD's in that offense as long as he's healthy...

I'm not 100% sold that PT getting hurt automatically leads to more Ingram carries. He is a rookie...has never been through the grind of the longer NFL season. Add in a short training camp/pre-season and it could lead them to be ultraconservative with workload...especially given he's been hurt before.

not really to sure what does'nt make sense.

i don't like Ingram as a 1st round pick. i'm not sure he's worthy of a 2nd round pick.

i don't think he'll have 1000 rush yards or double digit td's.

i don't know how to make it more clear.

I'll ask again, who in this thread said anything about making him a 1st round pick? :wacko:

My argument was that he would be a viable RB2 or RB3 with upside, projected that he would get over 1000 combined yards and push just over double-digit TDs. From what I've seen, most of the other posters in this thread promoting Ingram are pretty much in line with that thought & a couple think he could possibly do a little better. But I don't remember seeing anyone here say he was worthy of a 1st round pick.

Hook comes around every year at this time, locks onto one player and then acts like a troll.

Non-sense like this is turning the forums into a bitchfest opposed to a football forum.

No one is saying he's a lock for top 10. Simply stating that it's plausible that he sneaks into the top ten. Quit fishing, and get over the Clinton Portis thing already.

Good stuff here :wacko:

I'll ask again, who in this thread said anything about making him a 1st round pick? :wacko:

My argument was that he would be a viable RB2 or RB3 with upside, projected that he would get over 1000 combined yards and push just over double-digit TDs. From what I've seen, most of the other posters in this thread promoting Ingram are pretty much in line with that thought & a couple think he could possibly do a little better. But I don't remember seeing anyone here say he was worthy of a 1st round pick.

Agreed.

Everyone else= 1425683

Hooknladder= 0

I think he is confusing the comments about Ingram sneaking into the top ten with the idea of drafting him as a top ten player.

I think he is confusing the comments about Ingram sneaking into the top ten with the idea of drafting him as a top ten player.

That's what I thought too, but he denied it and said I was being ridiculous. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

not really to sure what does'nt make sense.

i don't like Ingram as a 1st round pick. i'm not sure he's worthy of a 2nd round pick.

i don't think he'll have 1000 rush yards or double digit td's.

i don't know how to make it more clear.

Ingram is best suited for a late 2nd round pick if you want to reach a little or a 3rd/4th rounder....a 4th if you want to be cute about it...and it depends on who is off the board at the time as well..

you guys are the ones not making sense. to say he finishes top 10 IS to say he's worth a first round pick. the numbers being projected would make him a top 10 RB....-i just don't think that's gonna happen.

why does a potential top 10 RB have to be a 1st round pick?....welcome to 2004?...this is 2011 and there are 1-2 QB's and 2-3 WR's who could be taken in the 1st....

and I've said he could crack the top 10 RB's if healthy because that's half the battle - playing all 16 games even if you are sharing, he's the only candidate the Saints have for an every down role so he could handle more than PT who might shine the most early on, but Ingram is the one who would clear 1000 total yds easily if he stays healthy because PT likely won't....

are you 13 years old?

you said he had a chance to crack the top 12 and started backtracking when i did'nt agree.

all your posts in this thread are petty attacks and useless.

but you made a stretch by assuming anyone said he was a 1st round pick...or even a 2nd....but any RB who plays all 16 games can crack the top 12....the numbers add up..

you guys are the ones not making sense. to say he finishes top 10 IS to say he's worth a first round pick. the numbers being projected would make him a top 10 RB....-i just don't think that's gonna happen.

Projected rank & ideal draft position are two totally different animals. In fantasy football, the idea is to draft a player lower than he ends up in the rankings. Regardless, unless we're talking about an all RB draft, saying a player could be top ten is hardly saying he should be drafted in the first round.

why does a potential top 10 RB have to be a 1st round pick?....welcome to 2004?...this is 2011 and there are 1-2 QB's and 2-3 WR's who could be taken in the 1st....

and I've said he could crack the top 10 RB's if healthy because that's half the battle - playing all 16 games even if you are sharing, he's the only candidate the Saints have for an every down role so he could handle more than PT who might shine the most early on, but Ingram is the one who would clear 1000 total yds easily if he stays healthy because PT likely won't....

i really was'nt referring to you.

Ok, I'll bring it up to your level.

you guys are really hung up on draft pick verses result. they go hand in hand.

let me dumb- it-down for y'all.....

i don't think Ingram will be a top 10 rusher. I agree

i'm not confident he'll crack the top twenty. I disagree

either you disagree...or just keep backtracking :wacko:

Hopefully that is complex enough for you. :tup:

Edited by rajncajn

you guys are really hung up on draft pick verses result. they go hand in hand.

either you disagree...or just keep backtracking :wacko:

Potential to be a top ten RB doesn't automatically equate to being a first round pick.

There are more than 10 running backs that have top ten potential.

There are two quarterbacks that are worthy of being in the first round discussion.

There is at least one WR that should go in the first round.

I think you should read up on the definition of potential before you continue in this thread.

are you 13 years old?

you said he had a chance to crack the top 12 and started backtracking when i did'nt agree.

all your posts in this thread are petty attacks and useless.

Of course he HAS A CHANCE to . . .nowhere is it a lock, and nowhere did I say that he WILL BE a top 10 RB. I said that a case could be made based on opportunity, situation and talent. That is a simple observation, not a prediction. :wacko: