[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

i still think you're being optomistic( you also originally said top 10 was possible which is REALLY optomistic)...but i find late 2nd round a little more plausible than 12th (or how ever far BP backtracks :tup: )

...and I still think top-10 is possible....if PT gets hurt, or Ingram turns out to be even more explosive at the pro level than anyone could have imagined...then, yeah, its possible.

Now, I don't think anyone will draft him there....but he certainly could end up ranked top-10 when the final stats are in. Are you suggesting its not even possible?

By the way, you still haven't posted where you think he'll finish the season ranked.... :wacko:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're backtracking.

uhg!....-how weak :wacko:

No . . you clearly have difficulty reading what I wrote, and you seem so hell bent on trying to feverishly defend your rather lame assertion by pinning something to me that I quite obviously did not say that you are in major spin mode.

Not only is that "weak" but also shows a lack of understanding and assimilating information on your part.

I am higher on Ingram than I have been for the last few years worth of rookie RBs. :wacko:

Great situation, great talent, great opportunity.

A case could be made for him being a top 12 RB this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but the opportunity is defintitely there . . .

(this is your quote)

yes. this is why it's called a forum, -we are all trying to make a case. otherwise this would be called RESULTS.

(this is your quote)

yes. this is why it's called a forum, -we are all trying to make a case. otherwise this would be called RESULTS.

That mean " A case could be made for him being top 12 this year" I never said where he would be drafted, and never said that I specifically endorsed that ranking. I stated that I could see how people could make a case for that position.

You are barking up the wrong tree here kiddo.

...and I still think top-10 is possible....if PT gets hurt, or Ingram turns out to be even more explosive at the pro level than anyone could have imagined...then, yeah, its possible.

Now, I don't think anyone will draft him there....but he certainly could end up ranked top-10 when the final stats are in. Are you suggesting its not even possible?

By the way, you still haven't posted where you think he'll finish the season ranked.... :wacko:

no, i don't think he'll be top ten. what i'm suggesting is he may not be top 20. this man has been injured before,(i realize you cannot predict injuries but i consider this a BIG clue),he's coming to a offense that trends pass(albeit a great one) and had their greatest rushing success with a diverse set of backs.(none of whom topped the FF charts)

look, if it turns out i'm wrong i'll say i'm wrong...-i've been wrong on these boards before -no big deal. but what i won't do is start backtracking from what i've said a page-and-a-half earlier, or resort to manipulating quotes; i will only allow myself this one childish indulgence:.....................

.............. :tup: ALL ABOARD!

Edited by hooknladder

I am higher on Ingram than I have been for the last few years worth of rookie RBs. :wacko:

Great situation, great talent, great opportunity.

A case could be made for him being a top 12 RB this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but the opportunity is defintitely there . . .

i understand this one. :tup:

it does'nt get any more clear than my quote above, i guess you're the one having trouble comprehending.

Yeah, you've made it quite clear you don't have any intention on having an actual discussion on thread topic. You'd rather troll for responses like this one and continue to derail the thread. I got it now. :wacko:

no, i don't think he'll be top ten. what i'm suggesting is he may not be top 20. this man has been injured before,(i realize you cannot predict injuries but i consider this a BIG clue),he's coming to a offense that trends pass(albeit a great one) and had their greatest rushing success with a diverse set of backs.(none of whom topped the FF charts)

look, if it turns out i'm wrong i'll say i'm wrong...-i've been wrong on these boards before -no big deal. but what i won't do is start backtracking from what i've said a page-and-a-half earlier, or resort to manipulating quotes; i will only allow myself this one childish indulgence:.....................

.............. :wacko: ALL ABOARD!

Rajn,

it does not get more clear....hate him for top ten, really concerned he'll make the top twenty. this is a discussion, you're just letting your emotions get in the way.

there were a number of people in the begining of this thread proclaiming Ingram worthy of a first round pick. some said second and some seemed to change their stance as the thread went on. i just disagreed.

i've always held you in high regard throughout the years, i remember a few years back you gave us that Colston tip and i started looking into him and took him right at the end of the draft and guys were like: "who?...is he a TE?" - i won that year.

i just happen to disagree with you on this one.

......-man, you are impossible when it comes to the Saints.

Edited by hooknladder

Rajn,

it does not get more clear....hate him for top ten, really concerned he'll make the top twenty. this is a discussion, you're just letting your emotions get in the way.

there were a number of people in the beginning of this thread proclaiming Ingram worthy of a first round pick. some said second and some seemed to change their stance as the thread went on. i just disagreed.

i've always held you in high regard throughout the years, i remember a few years back you gave us that Colston tip and i started looking into him and took him right at the end of the draft and guys were like: "who?...is he a TE?" - i won that year.

i just happen to disagree with you on this one.

......-man, you are impossible when it comes to the Saints.

:wacko: Pretty sure this is untrue. It's just when things start getting silly I'd rather just bow out.

You're saying here that people in this thread were trying to argue the Ingram was a top 10 pick. Several people have asked you to quote where someone said that. Nobody here thinks he will be top 10 OVERALL. Some think it's possible he could break top 10 AT HIS POSITION. I think you misunderstood that from the start.

Personally, I somewhat agree. I think it's a bit of a stretch that he'll produce those numbers in the first year or two of his career, but I won't say that it's not possible. Personally I'd place him between the 15-20 range at his position, but I do think the competition for touches will limit him some. In a 12-team league that I would project his draft position around mid 3rd round, making him a low RB2 or high RB3 with great upside. No way would I take him as my RB1.

Where I do see the big potential for him though is towards the end of the fantasy season when people are pushing for spots in their fantasy playoffs & then helping to carry them within the playoffs. He may not be a stud out of the gate & may give you inconsistent scoring in the beginning, but as the season rolls on I think he could very well prove his worth.

As for how the rest of the backs pan out, I think PT owners are going to be sorely disappointed. He's still going to get a fair amount of carries & play a significant role in the Saints offense, I'm certain of that. But that's not necessarily something that is going to project into viable fantasy statistics. Ivory, unfortunately, with his injury and Ingram's arrival, will likely end up an afterthought. Even worse for him is the recent performance of Joique Bell. Where I think Ingram will take the biggest hit in touches though is Sproles. Payton has made no bones about it that he'd really had plans for Bush in the offense. Bush just decided it wasn't enough for him and wanted a feature role. Since Sproles hit camp though, I think they're more excited about his versatility than they were Bush. It's too bad we didn't get to see any of the offense with him in it during the SF game and now with the Saints closing practice to the public we'll know even less.

And I'm not impossible... I'm just right. :tup:

Edited by rajncajn

:tup: Pretty sure this is untrue. It's just when things start getting silly I'd rather just bow out.

You're saying here that people in this thread were trying to argue that Ingram was a top 10 pick. Several people have asked you to quote where someone said that. Nobody here thinks he will be top 10 OVERALL. Some think it's possible he could break top 10 AT HIS POSITION. I think you misunderstood that from the start.

top ten OVERALL? we were talking RB's in this thread. now your just being ridiculous :wacko:

talk about derailing the thread.

i thought you knew what you were doing. -i was wrong. :lol:

Edited by hooknladder

top ten OVERALL? we were talking RB's in this thread. now your just being ridiculous :wacko:

talk about derailing the thread.

i thought you knew what you were doing. -i was wrong. :lol:

So if you weren't talking about top 10 overall then why bring up the first round question? You're not making any sense at all. Who in their right mind would take a 2nd or 3rd tier RB in the first round and why even bring up that point? :tup:

so we agree taking him in the 1st could be a mistake.

MJD last year in our 16 team league ended up the #10 RB. he finished the FF season with over 1600 combined yards & 7 TDs. I find it unlikely that Ingram will hit those type of numbers, but again I won't say it's not possible. What I do think is that he will end up with over 1000 combined yards & double-digit TDs

So if you weren't talking about top 10 overall then why bring up the first round question? You're not making any sense at all. Who in their right mind would take a 2nd or 3rd tier RB in the first round and why even bring up that point? :wacko:

MJD last year in our 16 team league ended up the #10 RB. he finished the FF season with over 1600 combined yards & 7 TDs. I find it unlikely that Ingram will hit those type of numbers, but again I won't say it's not possible. What I do think is that he will end up with over 1000 combined yards & double-digit TDs

if PT gets hurt again (not a longshot)...Ingram should put up about 1500 total yds and 8-10 TD's in that offense as long as he's healthy...

So if you weren't talking about top 10 overall then why bring up the first round question? You're not making any sense at all. Who in their right mind would take a 2nd or 3rd tier RB in the first round and why even bring up that point? :wacko:

I can only stand so much of this thread, but I gotta agree here. Hook isn't making sense and is making what could be a reasonable discussion into a monkey chit fight that only he is really interested in having.

I'd take Ingram in the mid-late 4th of a 12 team redraft if I had loaded up on WRs early. He does have the "chance" at being a top 15 RB, but he would probably be inconsistent and it might not pan out until later in the year. So to me, it's possible that the 2nd half of the year he produces like a top 12 RB, but you'd have to plan on being patient with him and realize it's a bit of a gamble. His yearly stats might not add up to top 12RB, but if he produces like such in the 2nd half of the season I'd be stoked.