[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not usually very keen on taking rooks in normal re-drafts..or should I say not keen on taking them as a starter...but I just have a good feeling about Ingram and couldn't pass him up as the 20th RB (pick 4.9) off the board and as my RB2 (Charles, Ingram, VJax, Wallace)...PPR too.

Edited by keggerz

I am not usually very keen on taking rooks in normal re-drafts..or should I say not keen on taking them as a starter...but I just have a good feeling about Ingram and couldn't pass him up as the 20th RB off the board and as my RB2 (Charles, Ingram, VJax, Wallace)...PPR too.

sounds like you took him... with your 4th round pick... that was in position 3 or 4... so it would've been around... pick 43... usually deangelo williams or knowshon is still available and in ppr i like them better.... Saints have pierre a great receiver and also added sproles for the reggie bush role. I don't see INgram catching many balls

sounds like you took him... with your 4th round pick... that was in position 3 or 4... so it would've been around... pick 43... usually deangelo williams or knowshon is still available and in ppr i like them better.... Saints have pierre a great receiver and also added sproles for the reggie bush role. I don't see INgram catching many balls

pick 4.9 or overall pick 45...DWill went 38 overall...moreno still available...I was in position 4

I don't think he is going to catch many balls either but I still see him being a solid RB2.....I only added that it was PPR so ppl knew what type of draft

1.01 1. Footballguys.com Foster, Arian HOU RB Wed Aug 17 9:13:21 a.m. ET 2011

1.02 2. Fantasy Guru Rice, Ray BAL RB Wed Aug 17 9:48:34 a.m. ET 2011

1.03 3. Sports Grumblings Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Wed Aug 17 9:56:05 a.m. ET 2011

1.04 4. The Huddle Charles, Jamaal KCC RB Wed Aug 17 9:58:35 a.m. ET 2011

1.05 5. FFMastermind.com McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Wed Aug 17 11:48:37 a.m. ET 2011

1.06 6. RotoExperts McFadden, Darren OAK RB Wed Aug 17 12:11:46 p.m. ET 2011

1.08 8. FF Today Johnson, Chris TEN RB Wed Aug 17 1:20:58 p.m. ET 2011

1.10 10. KFFL Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Wed Aug 17 2:13:33 p.m. ET 2011

2.01 13. FantasyFootball.com Jackson, Steven STL RB Wed Aug 17 3:46:27 p.m. ET 2011

2.04 16. RotoWire Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB Wed Aug 17 7:31:22 p.m. ET 2011

2.07 19. RotoExperts Hillis, Peyton CLE RB Wed Aug 17 8:27:44 p.m. ET 2011

2.08 20. FFMastermind.com Gore, Frank SFO RB Wed Aug 17 9:11:34 p.m. ET 2011

2.10 22. Sports Grumblings Forte, Matt CHI RB Wed Aug 17 10:44:39 p.m. ET 2011

3.07 31. Fantasy Sharks Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Thu Aug 18 7:57:07 a.m. ET 2011

3.08 32. FF Today Turner, Michael ATL RB Thu Aug 18 7:57:08 a.m. ET 2011

3.09 33. RotoWire Best, Jahvid DET RB Thu Aug 18 12:43:06 p.m. ET 2011

3.10 34. KFFL Greene, Shonn NYJ RB Thu Aug 18 2:22:37 p.m. ET 2011

4.01 37. FantasyFootball.com Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB Thu Aug 18 2:31:57 p.m. ET 2011

4.02 38. Fantasy Insights Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB Thu Aug 18 5:50:21 p.m. ET 2011

4.09 45. The Huddle Ingram, Mark NOS RB Fri Aug 19 2:21:23 a.m. ET 2011

Edited by keggerz

I am not usually very keen on taking rooks in normal re-drafts..or should I say not keen on taking them as a starter...but I just have a good feeling about Ingram and couldn't pass him up as the 20th RB (pick 4.9) off the board and as my RB2 (Charles, Ingram, VJax, Wallace)...PPR too.

I just grabbed him as my 2nd RB, 3rd choice overall (behind AJ & Turner), at 3.6 of a 16-team draft.....#38 pick overall, 18th RB selected. Grabbed him ahead of Moreno, Blount, Greene, Matthews, F. Jackson, Felix Jones.

We'll see.

I just grabbed him as my 2nd RB, 3rd choice overall (behind AJ & Turner), at 3.6 of a 16-team draft.....#38 pick overall, 18th RB selected. Grabbed him ahead of Moreno, Blount, Greene, Matthews, F. Jackson, Felix Jones.

We'll see.

I actually like Blount and Mathews a bit more as RB2 but have a feeling that will change in a week or so...especially with Ingram's situation, I think he'll produce even if it takes as many as 4 or 5 weeks to transpire...

I actually like Blount and Mathews a bit more as RB2 but have a feeling that will change in a week or so...especially with Ingram's situation, I think he'll produce even if it takes as many as 4 or 5 weeks to transpire...

for me Blount was already gone so he was out of the question but I would be lying if I said that I didn't take a long look at Matthews too.

4 to 5 weeks is a long time to wait when you take a guy in the 4th round.

4 to 5 weeks is a long time to wait when you take a guy in the 4th round.

not if you draft well in the 5th-10th :wacko:

cuffing Ingram with PT is imperative, IMO, as I think PT plays a larger role early in the season, and Ingram becomes the horse as he gets more and more familiar with the playbook and, more importantly, recognizing blitz schemes and knowing his assignment.

PT can be had in the 7th-9th round...and easy selection as an Ingram owner.

cuffing Ingram with PT is imperative, IMO, as I think PT plays a larger role early in the season, and Ingram becomes the horse as he gets more and more familiar with the playbook and, more importantly, recognizing blitz schemes and knowing his assignment.

say PT goes in the 8th, spending two of your first 8 picks on pretty much one RB is a little risky.

exactly...I'm thinking a McGahee/Rice scenario from 2 years ago...

fyi since my draft is also IDP rounds (roughly) 7 or so will alter what normal redrafts look like and how ADP is affected.

I should also say that drafting PT is not a part of my draft strategy...if he is there when I think the value makes sense and I think he is the best value on the board then and only then will I pull the trigger on him.

say PT goes in the 8th, spending two of your first 8 picks on pretty much one RB is a little risky.

maybe a little, but as Av pointed out, its a calculated one. To basically lock up the RB position from what will likely be one of the top-3 offensive teams in football? if we were talking about using those same two picks on, say, Spiller/Jackson or Hightower/Torain...I'd agree. But sacrificing an 8th rounder to essentially ensure the upside of your 4th rounder for the most important part of the fantasy season (weeks 14-16)...again, from an uber high-scoring team....well, to me, a risk worth taking.

maybe a little, but as Av pointed out, its a calculated one. To basically lock up the RB position from what will likely be one of the top-3 offensive teams in football? if we were talking about using those same two picks on, say, Spiller/Jackson or Hightower/Torain...I'd agree. But sacrificing an 8th rounder to essentially ensure the upside of your 4th rounder for the most important part of the fantasy season (weeks 14-16)...again, from an uber high-scoring team....well, to me, a risk worth taking.

Agreed to the extent that an 8th round pick is highly overrated. You are absolutely at the spot in the draft where everyone's lists have completely diverged, so the guy I'm taking at 8 you may have almost no interest in, etc.

Does anyone think that anyone has players 80-120 ranked anywhere near the same?

Agreed to the extent that an 8th round pick is highly overrated. You are absolutely at the spot in the draft where everyone's lists have completely diverged, so the guy I'm taking at 8 you may have almost no interest in, etc.

Does anyone think that anyone has players 80-120 ranked anywhere near the same?

yes

yes

In the 10+ years I've been playing, often with several leagues, I can't remember a single draft that went scripted that deep. Sure, the top 40 tend to go off in a pretty consistent order, 40-80 only tweaks a bit based on where people rate the value of an upper tier TE, but by the time it gets to pick 80, all bets are usually off. Mostly because everyone is back-filling different positions. The dude who grabbed RBs with three of his first 4 picks is trying to attack WR with quantity over quality.

Beyond that, it is at this point where we're trying to decide between Kevin Walter, Eddie Royal, and Bernard Berrian. Are you actually implying that there's a right and a wrong way to rank those guys? Because if you are you're fooling yourself. By that stage in the game, it is anyone's guess (even more so than it is earlier in the draft). Nope, there's a reason why RBs tier 4 has about 2x as many players in it as tier 2.

ETA: I literally grabbed the first 3 players who popped off the page and compared ADP on MFL to ADP on FF Calculator, using PPR for all.

Sam Bradford MFL 87, Huddle Rank 98, FF Calculator 106

Mike Sims Walker MFL 113, Huddle Rank 83, FF Calculator 93

Jay Cutler, MFL 106, Huddle 96, FF Calculator 123

Stuff like that. This is not to say one evaluation is right or wrong, rather to say that it goes all over the place from 80 on

Edited by detlef

In the 10+ years I've been playing, often with several leagues, I can't remember a single draft that went scripted that deep. Sure, the top 40 tend to go off in a pretty consistent order, 40-80 only tweaks a bit based on where people rate the value of an upper tier TE, but by the time it gets to pick 80, all bets are usually off. Mostly because everyone is back-filling different positions. The dude who grabbed RBs with three of his first 4 picks is trying to attack WR with quantity over quality.

Beyond that, it is at this point where we're trying to decide between Kevin Walter, Eddie Royal, and Bernard Berrian. Are you actually implying that there's a right and a wrong way to rank those guys? Because if you are you're fooling yourself. By that stage in the game, it is anyone's guess (even more so than it is earlier in the draft). Nope, there's a reason why RBs tier 4 has about 2x as many players in it as tier 2.

My answer is still yes....Maybe not down to the guy but down to a group/tier, yes...there are always players that end up being reached for and people fill out their teams differently but that is why you watch the draft and if you are worth your salt can probably pretty safely predict the positions that teams will take and then narrow down the guys that are going to go in that vicinity....and no I am not implying that there is a right way to rank those guys but I would have a good idea of when I expect them to come off the board

My answer is still yes....Maybe not down to the guy but down to a group/tier, yes...there are always players that end up being reached for and people fill out their teams differently but that is why you watch the draft and if you are worth your salt can probably pretty safely predict the positions that teams will take and then narrow down the guys that are going to go in that vicinity....and no I am not implying that there is a right way to rank those guys but I would have a good idea of when I expect them to come off the board

See my edited post above.