[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

I am higher on Ingram than I have been for the last few years worth of rookie RBs. :wacko:

Great situation, great talent, great opportunity.

A case could be made for him being a top 12 RB this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but the opportunity is defintitely there . . .

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with you until there. I agree in the interior, but our tackles have been sub-par. Drew masks a lot of that with his pocket presence and ability to scan the field quickly as well as the screen & play action game (which we missed last year). But we could certainly use some better play on the outside.

I think Bushrod/Brown will be better than sub-par when all is said and done, and I couldn't have been any less clear with the statement about the O Line. I got caught up with Ingram in this thread and was talking more about the rushing attack. And the Nicks/Kruetz/Evans up the middle is scary.

I don't think there's any way Ingram is a top 15 RB this season. I think the opportunity is there,somewhat, but I'm not sold on Ingram's talent. I know the Combine is not the be-all, end-all, but people in this thread keep saying he has great physical ability, and I don't see it.

Of the 33 RBs who ran the 40, 19 had better times and 13 had worse. Of those 13, 6 went undrafted and 4 are FBs. He only had a better 40 time than Ridley, Royster and J.Rodgers among HBs who got drafted.

Of the 9 RBs who did the 3 cone drill, only Jacquizz was slower.

Of the 13 RBs who did the bench press, only R.Williams did fewer reps.

I know this doesn't mean he can't be successful, but let's not get carried away with talking about his physical ability. As for him being the best HB prospect since Peterson... wow. ADP was the 7th pick in the draft, to a team that had a capable (not great, but it certainly wasn't a glaring need) HB in Chester Taylor (1200 yards the year before). It was clear that ADP was special. Ingram went 28th. He's coming off a "minor" knee surgery a year ago and didn't look the same after coming back. Something teels me if he was the second coming, some NFL team would have jumped on him before the 28th pick in the draft.

I think he shares time with PT and Ivory this year. And I'm not sure he has much receiving value with Sproles there to catch the ball on 3rd down. I'd much rather have a guy like Thomas this year in Miami. Reggie has proved he's not an every down player. Thomas' opportunity is better, imo.

I don't think there's any way Ingram is a top 15 RB this season. I think the opportunity is there,somewhat, but I'm not sold on Ingram's talent. I know the Combine is not the be-all, end-all, but people in this thread keep saying he has great physical ability, and I don't see it.

Of the 33 RBs who ran the 40, 19 had better times and 13 had worse. Of those 13, 6 went undrafted and 4 are FBs. He only had a better 40 time than Ridley, Royster and J.Rodgers among HBs who got drafted.

I know this doesn't mean he can't be successful, but let's not get carried away with talking about his physical ability. As for him being the best HB prospect since Peterson... wow. ADP was the 7th pick in the draft, to a team that had a capable (not great, but it certainly wasn't a glaring need) HB in Chester Taylor (1200 yards the year before). It was clear that ADP was special. Ingram went 28th. He's coming off a "minor" knee surgery a year ago and didn't look the same after coming back. Something teels me if he was the second coming, some NFL team would have jumped on him before the 28th pick in the draft.

I think he shares time with PT and Ivory this year. And I'm not sure he has much receiving value with Sproles there to catch the ball on 3rd down. I'd much rather have a guy like Thomas this year in Miami. Reggie has proved he's not an every down player. Thomas' opportunity is better, imo.

40 yard dash means nothing. How many times a season is a runningback going to be in a position to run the ball 40 yards?

How many times a game will Ingram be asked to move in the same manner that the three cone drill requires?

And how many times will Mark Ingram perform a bench press in the third quarter?

A running backs strength is going to be in his legs and core, which isn't going to shine through in a bench press. What he has is vision and tons of it. Burst to get to the hole and through it, and he's powerful enough to break tackles and fall forward.

Be careful when looking at combine metrics, or your team will be full of raiders.

40 yard dash means nothing. How many times a season is a runningback going to be in a position to run the ball 40 yards?

How many times a game will Ingram be asked to move in the same manner that the three cone drill requires?

A running backs strength is going to be in his legs and core, which isn't going to shine through in a bench press. What he has is vision and tons of it. Burst to get to the hole and through it, and he's powerful enough to break tackles and fall forward.

Be careful when looking at combine metrics, or your team will be full of raiders.

And be careful falling in love with guys who tore up the SEC. Kevin Faulk held the career TD record before Tebow broke it.

Whatwas Ingrams 10yd split in the 40? That will give you an idea of his burst.

It's interesting to look at 40 times...but looking at RAW 40 times are kinda silly cause a 195 lb back running a 4.7 40 time isn't the same as a 215 lb back running a 4.7 40 time. It's not the end all-be all anyway, but even within the extremely limited scope of its predictive ability, there's more to it than just the raw number itself.

well....since we've all gone out on the limb....where do you see Ingram finishing the year from a fantasy perspective? based on your prior comments, I am guessing 25-30? Just curious....

if healthy I think he could wind up in the top 15 but any starting RB who can play all 16 games can crack the top 15 because of there being so many injuries...

I'll say 15-20 imo...and I'm as much on the train as you can get given what little we've seen from the kid in the NFL....

:wacko:

I agree with what he said about Thomas but I think Ingram is in a better situation to succeed even in a RBBC because it's not like the Saints haven't had productive backs in their years prior when using a committee.....Miami is sort of an enigma to me when it comes to RB production, but that could easily be me....I would rather they had a better QB in Miami before I looked into a RB from them...

And be careful falling in love with guys who tore up the SEC. Kevin Faulk held the career TD record before Tebow broke it.

Kevin Faulk and Mark Ingram couldn't be more different in skill set, and the type of player they are.

And watching Thomas at K-State, I never once thought he'd be a legit fantasy RB in the NFL. I'm sticking to that. I'll pass on him.

I cant wait to re-visit this thread a few months from now.

well....since we've all gone out on the limb....where do you see Ingram finishing the year from a fantasy perspective? based on your prior comments, I am guessing 25-30? Just curious....

I think he is a RISKY first round pick. ((maybe even 2nd round))

The Saints most recent and productive rushing year(2009), ((superbowl year)), (((Most years they were not in the top 20))) =

Mike Bell 172/654 5

Pierre Thomas 147/793 6

Reggie Bush 70/390 5

Those are great team rushing statistics. In this thread, I think some people are supposing that Ingram can duplicate those combined numbers ,(or a majority of them), - but it took three guys to do it in 2009 (their best rushing year)!

you are the locomotive pulling the Ingram train....= rajn-pirates-taz-slayer-BP-DP-swami............-(swami is the caboose)

:wacko: ALL ABOARD!

At least I'm not the caboose!! WoOop woop!!