[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 yard dash means nothing. How many times a season is a runningback going to be in a position to run the ball 40 yards?

How many times a game will Ingram be asked to move in the same manner that the three cone drill requires?

And how many times will Mark Ingram perform a bench press in the third quarter?

A running backs strength is going to be in his legs and core, which isn't going to shine through in a bench press. What he has is vision and tons of it. Burst to get to the hole and through it, and he's powerful enough to break tackles and fall forward.

Be careful when looking at combine metrics, or your team will be full of raiders.

This

And be careful falling in love with guys who tore up the SEC. Kevin Faulk held the career TD record before Tebow broke it.

that means nothing

Coach Payton announced after practice that the team released OT Jon Stinchcomb

Payton: the decision to release Stinchcomb was made to go w/younger players. Zach Strief & Charles Brown will compete for the starting spot

Coach Payton announced after practice that the team released OT Jon Stinchcomb

Payton: the decision to release Stinchcomb was made to go w/younger players. Zach Strief & Charles Brown will compete for the starting spot

My guess is this is now Strief's job to lose until Cb proves he can fit in. Strief played better than Stinch last season anyway as much as I hate to say it.

My guess is this is now Strief's job to lose until Cb proves he can fit in. Strief played better than Stinch last season anyway as much as I hate to say it.

I'm goin to miss - #64 "is elibile" since he will no longer play that role... :wacko:

Stinch was exposed a little on Fri. night. I think it is a good move, and should'nt see much of a drop off.

I think he is a RISKY first round pick. ((maybe even 2nd round))

The Saints most recent and productive rushing year(2009), ((superbowl year)), (((Most years they were not in the top 20))) =

Mike Bell 172/654 5

Pierre Thomas 147/793 6

Reggie Bush 70/390 5

Those are great team rushing statistics. In this thread, I think some people are supposing that Ingram can duplicate those combined numbers ,(or a majority of them), - but it took three guys to do it in 2009 (their best rushing year)!

....and I think it'll be another RBBC, especially early in the year. When all is said and done, I would expect a 60/35/15 breakdown between Ingram/PT/Ivory. Any injury to any of them obviously skews those numbers. I would target Ingram in early October in a trade, however, as I think he takes a larger role (70-80%) as the season wears on and he gets more comfortable in the offense. He might be had from an owner who took him early and is frustrated at his smaller early-season involvement.

Based on the above stats you provide, that would be about 1100 yards rushing and 9-10 TDs for Ingram...along with any receiving stats he might rack up. If he gets another 200 receiving yards on 15-20 receptions and a couple more TDs...he'll end up about 12-15th, based on 2010's ranking of RBs.

....and I think it'll be another RBBC, especially early in the year. When all is said and done, I would expect a 60/35/15 breakdown between Ingram/PT/Ivory. Any injury to any of them obviously skews those numbers. I would target Ingram in early October in a trade, however, as I think he takes a larger role (70-80%) as the season wears on and he gets more comfortable in the offense. He might be had from an owner who took him early and is frustrated at his smaller early-season involvement.

Based on the above stats you provide, that would be about 1100 yards rushing and 9-10 TDs for Ingram...along with any receiving stats he might rack up. If he gets another 200 receiving yards on 15-20 receptions and a couple more TDs...he'll end up about 12-15th, based on 2010's ranking of RBs.

You mean Sproles, not Ivory? Right now Ivory is injured, it may be a little while before he sees the field again.

You mean Sproles, not Ivory? Right now Ivory is injured, it may be a little while before he sees the field again.

:wacko: had Ivory in my head, but yeah, Sproles and PT will somehow manage to split the remaining 40% of the stats. PT's ability to stay healthy will factor hugh in how all this plays out.

so we agree taking him in the 1st could be a mistake.

i have a hard time believing a team that has trended that way will suddenly change and begin using a workhorse back 20-25 rushes per game. even in their recent best years the individual numbers were unimpressive. i don't belive its as simple as add them all (or most) up and here we come up with Ingrams stats.

not just directing this at you Swami, you have a more realistic, (though optomistic), view -but rather directed at all the passengers on the train.

i have a hard time believing a team that has trended that way will suddenly change and begin using a workhorse back 20-25 rushes per game. even in their recent best years the individual numbers were unimpressive. i don't belive its as simple as add them all (or most) up and here we come up with Ingrams stats.

not just directing this at you Swami, you have a more realistic, (though optomistic), view -but rather directed at all the passengers on the train.

Can you provide where anyone thinks he is a 1st round pick, outside of a rookie-only draft?

I am higher on Ingram than I have been for the last few years worth of rookie RBs. :tup:

Great situation, great talent, great opportunity.

A case could be made for him being a top 12 RB this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but the opportunity is defintitely there . . .

.......sorry, you're right. you said TOP 12.

:wacko: now boarding BP!

:tup: now boarding BP!

Actually I said "a case could be made" Nowhere did I say that I personally put him as a top RB. He has a chance based off opportunity, talent and situation. . . . but it still is only a CHANCE.

I also said I was higher on him than the last few years of rookie Rbs . . . none of which I ever would have drafted as a top 12.

Train runs over hooknladder and crushes his weak argument . . . . :wacko:

so after reading all of this, is it safe to say that ingram is more in a time share situation than say, a javid best?

reason i ask is that i think ingram will go in the third round of our ten team ppr league. i'm drafting one of the top backs at the 2nd overall pick. thinking of another running back in the early third and i pretty much been looking at these two.

bradshaw MAY still be there but i'm not so sold on him.

Actually I said "a case could be made" Nowhere did I say that I personally put him as a top RB. He has a chance based off opportunity, talent and situation. . . . but it still is only a CHANCE.

I also said I was higher on him than the last few years of rookie Rbs . . . none of which I ever would have drafted as a top 12.

Train runs over hooknladder and crushes his weak argument . . . . :tup:

you're backtracking.

uhg!....-how weak :wacko:

i agree...thats why I have him finishing hte year slotted mid-to-late-teens.

Could he surprise? Well, sure he could....but if osmeone actually drafts him in the first round, I'd be hard pressed to believe he'd outperform that position.

i agree...thats why I have him finishing hte year slotted mid-to-late-teens.

Could he surprise? Well, sure he could....but if osmeone actually drafts him in the first round, I'd be hard pressed to believe he'd outperform that position.

i still think you're being optomistic( you also originally said top 10 was possible which is REALLY optomistic)...but i find late 2nd round a little more plausible than 12th (or how ever far BP backtracks :wacko: )

Edited by hooknladder

you have nothing cogent to add so you childishly play with quotes. too bad for such an interesting thread YOU started.

stay classy Slayer :brew:

Because This is how adults act... :wacko:

......so, -Ingram is a no. 1? :tup:

...o.k.

so i'm putting Pirates, Taz and Slayer for no.1 and Swami no. 2 :lol::yay:

...................... :rofl: ALL ABOARD!

you are the locomotive pulling the Ingram train....= rajn-pirates-taz-slayer-BP-DP-swami............-(swami is the caboose)

:rofl: ALL ABOARD!

:bow: now boarding BP!

I would have quoted more of your drivel in this thread except it wouldn't allow me to use so many.

Edited by rajncajn