[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask again, who in this thread said anything about making him a 1st round pick? :wacko:

My argument was that he would be a viable RB2 or RB3 with upside, projected that he would get over 1000 combined yards and push just over double-digit TDs. From what I've seen, most of the other posters in this thread promoting Ingram are pretty much in line with that thought & a couple think he could possibly do a little better. But I don't remember seeing anyone here say he was worthy of a 1st round pick.

:tup: +1

Blurb from Peter King.

May give a little insight on how the 3 backs will be used.

2. Mark Ingram has had an impressive camp, but he, too, is temporarily out with a sore knee. Uh-oh. Ingram had knee issues that scared a few teams away on draft day. He looks fine walking around camp and says he's fine. "He'll practice tomorrow and he'll play Sunday,'' Payton said after practice today.

What his mates say is how impressive he's been with the pads on -- he's fast padded up, and even in "thud'' practices, where tackling isn't permitted, he runs with power and a strong forward lean. He'll split carries with Pierre Thomas early, with Thomas getting the bulk while Ingram works into the lineup. "Ummm,'' said Loomis this afternoon, "how do I temper my enthusiasm with Mark? He's looked terrific.''

3. Darren Sproles doesn't look like he's lost much. Sproles lined up in the right slot this afternoon, caught the ball on a short crossing route, and ran past four Saints defenders against the grain and turned upfield as the crowd whooped it up. Look for Sproles to be used some in the run game, some in the slot as a third or fourth receiver, and some as the punt returner. I think he's a better fit for this offense than Reggie Bush -- if only because I think he's got a better chance than Bush to play 16 games.

So it'll be a heavier load for PT early while Ingram gets worked in more as the season progresses....hmmm, I wish someone would have guessed that earlier :wacko:

What's going to be money for fantasy owners early is if the Saints get a comfortable lead late then Ingram will be used to close games out.

So it'll be a heavier load for PT early while Ingram gets worked in more as the season progresses....hmmm, I wish someone would have guessed that earlier :tup:

i can buy this. my primary league is a total points league, -not head-to-head, so i don't have the luxury of waiting for Ingram to get going. i could see Ingram being helpful in head- to head- leagues down the stretch, but i don't see him putting up the kinds of numbers mentioned by some in this thread. (if they have'nt already been deleted) :wacko:

....so what's up with the deleted posts?

I would assume that they were deleted by someone above BJ because of all the pissing going on in them....I was actually shocked they didn't just gun the entire thread....I for one am really starting to get sick of the pissing and trolling that goes on in the Football Forum and honestly have stopped replying in threads because of it...

my advice to all....add something productive (and that could be a counter point) to a thread or just shut up and move on.

i can buy this. my primary league is a total points league, -not head-to-head, so i don't have the luxury of waiting for Ingram to get going. i could see Ingram being helpful in head- to head- leagues down the stretch, but i don't see him putting up the kinds of numbers mentioned by some in this thread. (if they have'nt already been deleted) :wacko:

good post (outside of the very last bit)

The Huddle

creating censorship since 1997

bad (worthless) post

Just knock the crap off, OK?

I would assume that they were deleted by someone above BJ because of all the pissing going on in them....I was actually shocked they didn't just gun the entire thread....I for one am really starting to get sick of the pissing and trolling that goes on in the Football Forum and honestly have stopped replying in threads because of it...

my advice to all....add something productive (and that could be a counter point) to a thread or just shut up and move on.

i honestly did'nt think it was that bad. guys started personally attacking me because they disagreed with me or failed to understand what i was saying. i did'nt complain, i can take it. and the pages that got deleted were after everyone calmed down and actually stuck their necks out with some interesting takes and bold predictions. what a shame.

i too don't post as much as i used to because you always get that same little click of people disagreeing just to disagree without any cogent argument.

i really did'nt view this as a trolling thread...-i certainly was'nt trolling,(i'm very busy and have better things to do), - just some strong, polarizing opinions on Ingrams statistical success.

I deleted a lot of posts that were nothing but posters being combative with one another which really is no fun to read for anyone else who looks into the thread. It junks up what could be an informative thread. If you find that is "censorship" then so be it. I'm only trying to keep the board focused on football and enjoyable for all. Those involved in the baiting and biting may enjoy themselves somehow, but it ruins it for everyone else.

There is no reason why I or anyone else would delete "interesting takes and bold predictions".