[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo

Darkhorse1251

I have him 7th, ahead of Schaub. Before Romo got hurt, he was on pace for some ungodly yardage. I think 5000 yards or something. They can't run the ball, and will have to throw it all over the yard. It doesn't get much better than Austin, Bryant and Witten as a receiving core. I think Romo is in the same teir as Rivers and Manning this year. Go ahead, call me crazy......

I have him 7th, ahead of Schaub. Before Romo got hurt, he was on pace for some ungodly yardage. I think 5000 yards or something. They can't run the ball, and will have to throw it all over the yard. It doesn't get much better than Austin, Bryant and Witten as a receiving core. I think Romo is in the same teir as Rivers and Manning this year. Go ahead, call me crazy......

I disagree here. When they finally took the rock from Barber and let Jones get 1st and 2nd snaps, they actually moved the ball with some frequency.

Last 3 regular season games he averaged 5.8 YPC, 4.8 YPC and 7.4 YPC (81 yards).

And If I'm correct, if they are successful with the run, you'll see Romo's raing go up even higher, pushing him into that top 5 caliber QB.

You're crazy.

Certainly top 10, but, given that he's a Cowboy, I hope someone grabs him early enough that he's not there for me where I'd be willing to take him. I hate rooting for Cowboys.

+1

But if that's who I'm stuck with, I wouldn't be that upset.

I disagree here. When they finally took the rock from Barber and let Jones get 1st and 2nd snaps, they actually moved the ball with some frequency.

Last 3 regular season games he averaged 5.8 YPC, 4.8 YPC and 7.4 YPC (81 yards).

And If I'm correct, if they are successful with the run, you'll see Romo's raing go up even higher, pushing him into that top 5 caliber QB.

I am gonna assume you meant rating there, never saw a fantasy league give points for a QB's rating :wacko: So as far as a fantasy Qb we don't care if he's rated 85 or 105 as long as he is throwing the ball and scoring TD's .

+1

But if that's who I'm stuck with, I wouldn't be that upset.

Werd. I don't like having Cowboys on my team, but I'm not going be stupid about it. A few years ago before Barber sucked, he was waiting there for me too far into the 2nd round than he had any business being and I had to snap him up.

Werd. I don't like having Cowboys on my team, but I'm not going be stupid about it. A few years ago before Barber sucked, he was waiting there for me too far into the 2nd round than he had any business being and I had to snap him up.

I agree, I can't stand the Cowboys in any way shape or form. But he's a good fantasy QB, so I won't pass him up either.

I like him top 10ish but limited upside. I think they are going to be committed to being more balanced and running the ball more. I'd be surprised if he got enough chances to break the top 5 - those guys sling the heck out of the ball at times. If Dallas is going with that game plan they are in deep trouble.

+1 This is how I see it.

I am gonna assume you meant rating there, never saw a fantasy league give points for a QB's rating :wacko: So as far as a fantasy Qb we don't care if he's rated 85 or 105 as long as he is throwing the ball and scoring TD's .

I'm guessing he meant ranking

Better than Schaub and as good as Rivers and Brees. Brees may slip a few spots this year. It is not yardage I worry about but TDs.

I have Romo as 5th best, I take him over Rivers, but Scooby likes Rivers more. She and I always battle over the two.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I think it was supposed to say Ranking.

"Top 10" for a 12 team league isn't so good. If I don't get a QB in the top 6, then I suck at drafting.

For a 12 team league, I have it divided as follows:

Tier 1:

Rodgers

Vick

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

Rivers

Tier 2:

Romo (could move up to tier 1 post injury)

Schaub

Ryan

Roethlisberger

Freeman

E. Manning

just a back up at this point:

Cutler

Bradford

Stafford

Cassel

Flacco

McNabb

"Top 10" for a 12 team league isn't so good. If I don't get a QB in the top 6, then I suck at drafting.

That assumes one of two things:

1) That you value having a top QB enough over other positions to pick one soon enough to get a guy ranked top 6 pre-season

or

2) That you consider yourself so much better than the other guys in your league that you can wait, grab one late, and still have a top 6 QB because you're so rad at FF

As for the first reason, I would argue not grabbing a QB early enough is not a sign that you suck at drafting, but rather, that you (and likely rightly so) recognize that you can more than make up for the points lost by having a top 10 rather than top 6 QB by focusing on positions where there's a higher pay-off for having an elite player at that position rather than a marginal starter.

As for the second reason, I would advise you to underestimate your opponent at your own peril, because few people who are good at what they do make decisions based on the assumption that their opponent isn't good at what they do. That is, unless you do play in a league where guys aren't good at FF. However, that's not strategy, that's just getting over on a weak opponent.

Not sure who, but Bradford will be in there by season's end. Count on it.

I frickin' LOVE Bradford this year. The MSW add was huge for him. He was throwing to a bunch of scrubs last year and made the most of it. I love the schedule of the NFC West and he'll take a big step forward this year.