[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice

theeohiostate

Ordered some carry out from TGI Friday's tonight

Cheeseburger and fries

Started eating my cheeseburger and got half way through and took another bite and chipped my tooth.

I felt something very hard in my mouth, i spit it out and it was a 2" piece of metal , looks like a part of the grill or a utensil used in the kitchen.

What should I do ? I am pissed , and having taken it home and finding it verse this happening in the store I don't know what they will do about this.

My wife had a very similar story with a hugh staple from packing crate that was in her Olive Garden salad. She was sick after some surgery and all she wanted was salad. Olive Garden right around the corner and boom salad to go. Three bites into it and she broke a tooth. I drove the staple to the Olive Garden and talked to the manager that took all my info. Got a call a few days later from some insurance company that wanted to know what was going on. She was already at a dentist and started having the tooth fixed. They authorized payment of all bills and that was good as my dental insurance had run out the month before. Turned out to be pretty smooth but all she wanted was her tooth fixed. That is what she got plus 100.00 to spend at the dreaded Olive Garden.

My wife had a very similar story with a hugh staple from packing crate that was in her Olive Garden salad. She was sick after some surgery and all she wanted was salad. Olive Garden right around the corner and boom salad to go. Three bites into it and she broke a tooth. I drove the staple to the Olive Garden and talked to the manager that took all my info. Got a call a few days later from some insurance company that wanted to know what was going on. She was already at a dentist and started having the tooth fixed. They authorized payment of all bills and that was good as my dental insurance had run out the month before. Turned out to be pretty smooth but all she wanted was her tooth fixed. That is what she got plus 100.00 to spend at the dreaded Olive Garden.

I can see next time your wife goes into use her gift certificate. " uh yeah, could i get the cobb salad, hold the bacon and staples please"

I'd call 'em right away. That way it's documented as soon as possible.

Well, that wouldn't really document anything.

I would snap a couple of images of it, your toof and the food if its still around.

I believe that speaking to the manager is probably a good idea. I would show him the object and your tooth and I would give him a brief description of what happened. Its no time to chit-chat. Ask him for the name and address of his supervisor. I wouldn't accept any type of compensation from him, even something as small as picking up your meal.

Then you draft a letter that you will send to the supervisor and perhaps to someone higher up whose name you can maybe get from the company website. Tell them the details of the incident. Include an image or two. Tell them that you spoke to the manager. Repeat anything of importance from that conversation to document (e.g., "oh, that was the third time that this has happened.") including any offer of compensation that he made that you respectfully declined. Tell them that you are getting your tooth repaired and that you believe that your are entitled to reimbusement of costs and fair compensation for your injury. Ask them to confirm receipt of the letter in writing

Makes sure that the letter looks good. Show them that you have your sh*t together. Somebody should get back to you shortly.

I'm not suggesting that you hold the company hostage or anything, but you should get more for your trouble than a coupon for $100 of sh*tty food.

Edited by Furd

Well, that wouldn't really document anything.

I would snap a couple of images of it, your toof and the food if its still around.

I believe that speaking to the manager is probably a good idea. I would show him the object and your tooth and I would give him a brief description of what happened. Its no time to chit-chat. Ask him for the name and address of his supervisor. I wouldn't accept any type of compensation from him, even something as small as picking up your meal.

Then you draft a letter that you will send to the supervisor and perhaps to someone higher up whose name you can maybe get from the company website. Tell them the details of the incident. Include an image or two. Tell them that you spoke to the manager. Repeat anything of importance from that conversation to document (e.g., "oh, that was the third time that this has happened.") including any offer of compensation that he made that you respectfully declined. Tell them that you are getting your tooth repaired and that you believe that your are entitled to reimbusement of costs and fair compensation for your injury. Ask them to confirm receipt of the letter in writing

Makes sure that the letter looks good. Show them that you have your sh*t together. Somebody should get back to you shortly.

I'm not suggesting that you hold the company hostage or anything, but you should get more for your trouble than a coupon for $100 of sh*tty food.

no wonder people hate lawyers

I'd talk with the manager--there is a good chance that s/he will offer to pay your dental bills without a huge hassle.

no wonder people hate lawyers

I'd talk with the manager--there is a good chance that s/he will offer to pay your dental bills without a huge hassle.

They made a mistake. They should make it right. Paying the bill just doesn't do it IMO

I think that the guy deserves something for having to go through the aggravation of getting his tooth fixed. Missing work. Discomfort. Maybe pain.

Maybe your time isn't worth anything, but I think most people value theirs.

They made a mistake. They should make it right. Paying the bill just doesn't do it IMO

I think that the guy deserves something for having to go through the aggravation of getting his tooth fixed. Missing work. Discomfort. Maybe pain.

I concur.

my comment was more about your whole procedure of stepping over the manager as an initial step rather than seeing if s/he can give make the victim whole

my comment was more about your whole procedure of stepping over the manager as an initial step rather than seeing if s/he can give make the victim whole

The manager at a chain has limited authority.

If this was a case where I just wanted a refund or a coupon, I'd have no problem just dealing with the manager. The OP deserves more than that. Somebody higher up will have to approve it, so why waste time with the manager?

If this was a case where I just wanted a refund or a coupon, I'd have no problem just dealing with the manager. The OP deserves more than that. Somebody higher up will have to approve it, so why waste time with the manager?

While I agree with your advice, the manager should also know so they can inform the kitchen staff and ensure it doesn't happen again.

OP = oppressed person?