[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devery Henderson

barrett14

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I've never liked leagues that allow people to pick up FAs after kickoff.

2. I don't get why anybody would drop a player they had projected higher before they even play a game. I'll laugh my ass off if these guys y'all are dropping for Henderson blow up this week.

1. I've never liked leagues that allow people to pick up FAs after kickoff.

2. I don't get why anybody would drop a player they had projected higher before they even play a game. I'll laugh my ass off if these guys y'all are dropping for Henderson blow up this week.

Werd and werd.

D Henderson. A guy who, for seven seasons has been good for about 3 games like last night a year. But this is the year. This is the year he stops dropping balls and becomes a consistent stud.

I just want to chime in that Fantasy Football history is replete with random people blowing up in week 1 and then disappearing for most of the rest of the season. Fantasy Football history is also replete with DEVERY HENDERSON doing just that on some random week of the season and torturing owners the rest of the year. It just so happens that both of the previous weeks have combined into week one of the 2011 season!

I'm hoping it works out for everyone jumping on the bandwagon, but be prepared that history is NOT on your side. He's played 6 seasons (ignoring the first game of this year) and his career averages are 32 catches, 593 yards, 2.8 TDs. His two best seasons were 2006 (32/745/5) and 2009 (51/804/2). 2010 he had 34/464/1-- surprisingly close to his career averages so it's not like poor past performance is weighing his career average down.

Again, grats for grabbing him but don't let the glare of that week one line blind you to what he really is and if he regresses back to his likely mean you may need to act quick to swap him for someone better (or, better yet, sell high to someone else in your league :P).

I was bitten by Henderson once.

Only way I pick him up is if Meachem, Moore and Graham are out along with Colston.

You can throw in Adrian Arrington as well because you can bet the Saints will activate him with Colston and Moore out.

Because injuries change projections. No Moore and no Colston changes the picture for Henderson. I would most certainly have raised Meachem, Henderson, and Graham a ton had there been no Colston or Moore in the picture on draft day - you're saying you wouldn't? If Sims-Walker and Amendola go down are you not changing your projections for Rams receivers? Take away Jennings and Nelson and you're telling me James Jones isn't a sure-fire weekly starter?

Because injuries change projections. No Moore and no Colston changes the picture for Henderson. I would most certainly have raised Meachem, Henderson, and Graham a ton had there been no Colston or Moore in the picture on draft day - you're saying you wouldn't? If Sims-Walker and Amendola go down are you not changing your projections for Rams receivers? Take away Jennings and Nelson and you're telling me James Jones isn't a sure-fire weekly starter?

In 7 years Henderson's best season was 745 yds & 5 TDs. That was in 2006 when Colston took the spot that should have been his. Moore won't be out long & the Saints still have Meachem, Graham & Sproles as well as Adrian Arrington who I think can be very good as well. You may get a few good games out of Henderson, but as others have stated you just don't know when those games will be. Believe me, I'd be more than happy to eat my words, but unless you haven't been paying attention for the last several years then you should already know what you're going to get with Henderson.

In 7 years Henderson's best season was 745 yds & 5 TDs. That was in 2006 when Colston took the spot that should have been his. Moore won't be out long & the Saints still have Meachem, Graham & Sproles as well as Adrian Arrington who I think can be very good as well. You may get a few good games out of Henderson, but as others have stated you just don't know when those games will be. Believe me, I'd be more than happy to eat my words, but unless you haven't been paying attention for the last several years then you should already know what you're going to get with Henderson.

What's more, this is not exactly the first time Colsten has been hurt and it's not as if Henderson has come up big any of the last times.

I, for one, am done having any confidence in Henderson. He is always a hot waiver wire pickup EVERY year after a good week or two, then he doesn't do squat.

Reminds me of when I had Joey Galloway and he'd go off for 100 and 2 TD's on my bench, but then I'd start him and he wouoldn't post a stat.

Players like that aren't worth the headach IMO.

I'd rather have the consistency of a Devone Bess getting me 12 points every week.

Your comment wasn't about Henderson though, it was about why one would drop a guy before that guy played a game. I have no particular love for Henderson per se, and pretty much agree with your assessment on him, but absolutely when the workload situation changes so must projections.

Your comment wasn't about Henderson though, it was about why one would drop a guy before that guy played a game. I have no particular love for Henderson per se, and pretty much agree with your assessment on him, but absolutely when the workload situation changes so must projections.

Well, your hypothetical wasn't exactly grounded in reality either, when you assume that if Colston/Moore were completely out of the picture, that it would change Henderson's value dramatically... Of course it would, but both guys are still in the picture... If/when Moore comes back, which could be as soon as next week, then that bumps down Henderson to the 3rd/4th look, and then when Colston returns mid-season, just as you're dealing with bye weeks and might be able to really use Henderson, his value should be back to zero...

So unless I hate my starters or have early injuries and need an immediate fill-in, then the short-term projections mean squat to me... On my bench, I want to have guys who might see an increased or steady workload, rather than a guy whose value is only likely to diminish, and perhaps quickly...

Moreover, the part we all agree on, you just can't rely on any Saint besides Brees for consistency, so unless I'm completely desperate, I'll pass...

Edited by delusions of granduer

• 4 weeks later...
One game... what's your point? With Colston back, what did you expect? He's put 50.5 on the board in the last 3.

Seriously? The bulk of this thread (as well as another one that I linked to within) is about the way Henderson has become notorious for having a good game, becoming a hot ww pickup, then going M.I.A. on those who picked him up.

I really shouldnt have had to explain that to you.

One game... what's your point? With Colston back, what did you expect? He's put 50.5 on the board in the last 3.

Colston hardly played and only had 3 targets, 1 reception & 8 yds. How did that affect Henderson? :wacko:

Seriously? The bulk of this thread (as well as another one that I linked to within) is about the way Henderson has become notorious for having a good game, becoming a hot ww pickup, then going M.I.A. on those who picked him up.

I really shouldnt have had to explain that to you.

With Moore and Colston back this isn't exactly brilliance on your part. I didn't start him this week, but I did the last two. Wait until hindsight paints the picture you "predicted" and we'll all relish in your FF knowledge.

With Moore and Colston back this isn't exactly brilliance on your part. I didn't start him this week, but I did the last two. Wait until hindsight paints the picture you "predicted" and we'll all relish in your FF knowledge.

You gotta be kidding, right? Drunk maybe? There is no way you're really whiffing this bad on what is going on here... :wacko: