[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo, I gotta hand it to you.......

Cowboyz1

For all the flack you took all week saying that your not a clutch player and never will be. You find a way to lose the game in the forth quarter. I tip my glass to you tonight. For that was one of the BEST come from behind heroics I have seen in some time.

It started when he came back from the locker room, saw that Kitna was struggling and decided to suck it up and go play football. I said to myself, this could be a very positive decisive moment in Romo's career. I mean go back into the game knowing your gonna get hit and put the ball on the money for the most part for three consecutive drives.

First there was the 3 down pass to Witten. Then the beautiful TD pass to Austin and Austin making a superman dive at the goallne to score. Made me think, he sent a message to the rest of the team by saying, "That's how you make sure you get to the Endzone".

But the real Veteran big time leadership move was standing on the sideline and telling Holley something like "look kid, you an me are gonna do something. Here's three routes for ya so be there and catch the ball." And what ever you do, Don't fumble". But to go out there and put two stick throws together for first downs, followed up by a game winning go route, up the seam, was a sight to behold.

I gotta say, despite some bad plays over the years, I have to admit, I will take a QB that can do what we saw today any day of the week.

Just after the Cowboys scored to make the game 21-24, The announcer says "and the pendulum moves to Alex Smith". I was thinking this Rob Ryan Defense is going to stop Alex Smith cause he's not very good in these spots. Sure enough they did and I said Romo, you have a chance to not only erase a lot of fears but cement a solid reminder that you are a VERY good and clutch QB.

He did it with 27 yards rushing, Witten obviously hurting and fighting to just be out there, three Rookie wide outs, an injured RB, A rookie line and a broken rib.

Romo showed me A LOT tonight. Quite possibly one of those Season changing games!

Hats Off to you Romo. You showed me a lot of heart tonight. The legends would be proud.

Today, I'm proud to be a Cowboys Fan. :wacko:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Hey Swammi, your team seemed to have the exact same script. QB hurt, need to rally the troops for a last second game winner. How'd that play out for ya! :wacko:

Again, :lol: Script was s bit different...i guess you didn't watch either game :tup:

We lost by 4 points to the defending NFC South champs in their building in their home opener without our Pro Bowl QB for the final 1/4 of the game....and still almost pulled it out with a guy who never took a snap running the offense.

You squeeked by a 5-11 team with your starters all playing the final quarter and overtime.

Perhaps Romo needed the pain to knock the goofy grin off his face and help him focus. Whatever it was it worked. I say they crack a rib each week if it helps. You have 12 pairs of ribs and there are only 21 weeks through a superbowl. He'd still have three ribs left over.

Again, :tup: Script was s bit different...i guess you didn't watch either game :wacko:

We lost by 4 points to the defending NFC South champs in their building in their home opener without our Pro Bowl QB for the final 1/4 of the game....and still almost pulled it out with a guy who never took a snap running the offense.

You squeeked by a 5-11 team with your starters all playing the final quarter and overtime.

I wont overstate the win. I love what Romo did yesterday and he needed it baldy after what he did week 1. Even the talking heads like Dilfer and Rodney Harrison, who rarely say anything good about anyone, were giving him props. I just wanted to point out that you are incorrect about us having all of our starters. Felix was down too and Dez and Newman as well which is leaving us with a pretty crappy secondary.

The point isnt the team we beat , it is how we beat them . I am not writing his ticket to Canton. I still feel he has a long way to go to shake off the 4th Q yips. It was just a great way to win considering what happened week 1.

Again, :lol: Script was s bit different...i guess you didn't watch either game :wacko:

Costa, Dez Bryant, Newman, Felix in as the 11th man, Romo with a cracked rib, Witten with sore ribs, Ogletree with a gimpy ankle, Jenkins with three injuries, Ball at one Corner and McCann as the slot guy for Scandrick. I'd say there's a lot of starters out and the ones that were in were hurting. Say what you want about the Niners 5-11, but on the Road is on the Road and the Niner D is not all that bad. Alex Smith is bad, I'll give you that. However, Romo took this game by the neck and shook out a win. We needed to see that from him and so did his team.

Mostly I was justing getting you a bit riled up Swamm! Making sure your ready for our first meeting. :tup:

I'm also a bit peeved cause I drafted Vick and Romo just to avoid this situation of having a stud QB go down on me like last year. Now look at me. Down two studs Questionable for next week. Arrrrrggggg.........

Reports of possibly 2 broken ribs? I'm no Tony fan, but serious props to him if that's the case.

As DMD strategy suggests, even if it's two ribs, that would only mean he has two good ribs left over instead of three by the end of the season. Let's just hope they don't tind any more ribs broken, were running out of ribs to work DMD's theory.

Your plan will still work if he has two good ribs left right DMD? :wacko: