[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

There are just a small amount of people who care about the millions of recently lost or sent jobs to other countries. Some people question why we spent so much money killing two Arabs. One being a boogyman himself. Have you ever seen the Iraqii airforce? Some question why the richest country in the world can't provide healthcare like other peaceful nations. That must be where the spending is coming in. We spend more money on our military than 4 or 5 countries below us combined, if not more, so I guess that leaves no money for doctor visits. A few people who aren't shareholders question why we gave so much money to corporations that couldn't understand this self reliance you are referring too, while these guys paid less in taxes than teenagers working at McDonald's over the summer.

:wacko:

I guess this is what bothers me about you guys always spouting off about what you just wrote - I don't think anybody on here is saying that we should NOT cut defense spending. I also don't think anybody on here says it is OK that GE paid little or no taxes. These should ALL happen along with cutting a crap load of spending!!

Do you have a specific example of one of these veil rich guys that actually paid less taxes than a teenager in actual dollars paid????? Let me guess - if you own a home do you deduct your mortgage interest when you do your taxes? Are you not taking advantage of a legit tax regulation that lowers the taxes YOU pay? That is what these evil rich do but it sure seems to make them evil while you go about your business villifying them. Again, do most people here (if not all) think there are too many loopholes - yes I bet they do - you are doing the same thing they are just in smaller numbers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a nation under God's protection wouldn't need to spend money on defense as if they were about to be attacked by God.

He can be a vengeful God. I say we scrap the missle defense shield and start working on the fire and brimestone shield. At the very least we should make the missle defense shield dual use so that it can address Heaven based brimestone attacks.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

If anyone thinks these Flea Bagger protests are peaceful, read this to see where all of this is going. Escalating violence in the streets, people. When the left talks about "peace", they only mean it when they are in power. And let's clear the air here if anyone has any doubt - these Flea Bagger protests are from the left and have nothing to do with conservative principles at all. So let's not pretend that they are non-political or anything like the Tea Party.

Day of global Occupy protests gets under way

In Rome, demonstrators torch cars, smash shop windows as people around the world urged to 'rise up'

Where do you all think this is headed? What is the end result? I don't think this stops at just Wall Street or the Bankers. There is more going on behind the scenes than just getting back at Wall Street. These flea-baggin protesters are nothing more than tools/pawns in a much larger game - AND THEY DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT! What a bunch of fools.

Edited by tosberg34

If my math is correct, and it rarely is, that is a slight exageration. Looks closer to the 24 countries below us combined. Not that your point or observation is any less salient.

I loaded it into Excel but you are quite correct. When I pasted it the first time, I missed the #2 country (China) so it is in fact the 19 below us, not 30.

I'm all in for anarchy. I'm bored... and broke. I heard King Kullen, America's first supermarket is hiring part timers with no benefits for 8 bucks an hour. FYI, King Kullen is now Long Islands largest employer. People are pissed? Go figure.

I'm all in for anarchy. I'm bored... and broke. I heard King Kullen, America's first supermarket is hiring part timers with no benefits for 8 bucks an hour. FYI, King Kullen is now Long Islands largest employer. People are pissed? Go figure.

You are bored and broke and some employer is hiring and you are angry at this employer? I guess I don't understand? $8*40 = $320 per week - last I checked $320 is more than $0.

I guess this is what bothers me about you guys always spouting off about what you just wrote - I don't think anybody on here is saying that we should NOT cut defense spending. I also don't think anybody on here says it is OK that GE paid little or no taxes. These should ALL happen along with cutting a crap load of spending!!

Do you have a specific example of one of these veil rich guys that actually paid less taxes than a teenager in actual dollars paid????? Let me guess - if you own a home do you deduct your mortgage interest when you do your taxes? Are you not taking advantage of a legit tax regulation that lowers the taxes YOU pay? That is what these evil rich do but it sure seems to make them evil while you go about your business villifying them. Again, do most people here (if not all) think there are too many loopholes - yes I bet they do - you are doing the same thing they are just in smaller numbers.

I'm just listing complaints so if anyone says, "These people have no reason to be out there." it's covered.

Protesters just went into the Citibank and closed their accounts. The police are currently not letting these people leave the bank until they are arrested per witnesses on the live stream. :wacko:

FloridaMom: and what the witness said.

FloridaMom: a group of protesters who had citibank accounts, went into the store and closed their accounts, when they came out, they were stopped by police, drug back into the bank, and are being arrested.

FloridaMom: I don't know what charges they are thinking of.

FloridaMom: I hope some of the NYC judges get tired of this and start speaking up though or dismissing cases.

mysticw0lf: the bank...just did themselves in...

Edited by WaterMan

Not my quote but a very good point:

How about "occupy a food pantry or soup kitchen or Big Brother Big Sisters? Rebuild an inner city park instead of destroying existing ones? All this energy could be put to useful purpose. The only good that comes out of this is the really turning independents off to the democrats.

That last time the liberal children went this nuts they elected Nixon to two terms. Nixon! That is how bad you can turn off the voters.

Protesters just went into the Citibank and closed their accounts. The police are currently not letting these people leave the bank until they are arrested per witnesses on the live stream. :tup:

:wacko: That you actually believe all that.

Oh, yeah, they were just doing nothing and the police just arrested them.

Right, so instead of sitting at the capital, or marching on big lobbiest... these people occupy a private park, and ruin the day to day business of people who live and do business around that park?

Your boy is the POTUS, your boys creating the fannie and freddie mess, your boys made us 14+ trillion in debt. Who is you boogieman? The 2009-10 congress? That was you.

The problem is spending. Worry about yourself. What do you care what someone else's income is? Self reliance. Grow up.

LOL, Obama is my boy? Clearly reading comprehension is not your forte.

I am a libertarian, I despise Barack Obama. In all candor he is the worst president of my lifetime, and that includes Nixon, Carter, and GWB.

I believe in liberty, I believe in liberty for all; the more freedom, the better. I despise the statism of George W. Bush and the corporatism of Barrack Obama, I damn them both.

Things fall apart, the center does not hold. This country WILL fail, as the political will to do that which MUST be done does not exist. Both parties will continue to kick the can down the road until there is no more road, and we are just about out of road.

Prepare for The Reckoning, it is coming. Think 2008 was bad? We ain't seen nothing yet.

I think the tea party movement (sans the repub hijackers) is better directed. .

Oh most definitely. But,the primary factor that makes the tea party movement better directed is the ease it was hijacked and effectively whored out, although most likely for it's 15 minutes of fame, by the republican party. There is no chance in hell the the occupy movement gets co-opted by the dems to the same degree. The political opportunity with hippies in parks with bongos as an effective political platform simply isn't there.

The tea party movement was more politically directed from the get go. It's not like the occupy movement waited for "their guy" to get out of the Whitehouse to suddenly get outraged and start protesting.

Edited by bushwacked

The tea party movement was more politically directed from the get go. It's not like the occupy movement waited for "their guy" to get out of the Whitehouse to suddenly get outraged and start protesting.

That's true. The anti-Wall Street protest movement has been there since the 2008 crash but unseen. IMO, it's been waiting for it's supposed Messiah to swing the pendulum back towards "the people" and away from Wall Street. There is absolutely no sign of that happening - Wall Street continues to grow fatter and fatter while the vast majority continues to struggle with fear, uncertainty and doubt - and, having waited patiently for two and a half years, the Occupy movement and the enormous number of people who support it have finally given up on the balance of power shifting at all.

I read something this morning that resonated - "when the people feel democracy has failed them, they will find other ways to make their feelings known".

That's true. The anti-Wall Street protest movement has been there since the 2008 crash but unseen. IMO, it's been waiting for it's supposed Messiah to swing the pendulum back towards "the people" and away from Wall Street. There is absolutely no sign of that happening - Wall Street continues to grow fatter and fatter while the vast majority continues to struggle with fear, uncertainty and doubt - and, having waited patiently for two and a half years, the Occupy movement and the enormous number of people who support it have finally given up on the balance of power shifting at all.

I read something this morning that resonated - "when the people feel democracy has failed them, they will find other ways to make their feelings known".

:wacko: