[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of these teams will win

Brentastic

I need a nudge one way or the other. I'm trying to decide between these two teams who I think have the best chance at getting the upset. Anyone have a convincing argument for one over the other?

DET @ MIN

CAR vs JAC

I'm tempted to take the home dog but I can see both of these dogs winning.

Edited by Brentastic

They are both going to lose. Save your money.

Nope. One of these underdogs will win for sure and there's a good chance both win. I'm leaning MIN since they are home dogs AND it's a divisional opponent. But I like JAC a lot too. CAR has Gamble and a safety out and this is a very winnable game for JAC. I think JAC will try to stop Newton vs stacking the box. He is not going to throw for 400 yards again.

I'm not betting, it's a hybrid pick em' pool that gives extra points for picking underdgogs who win outright.

I should have been more clear. MIN and JAC are the underdogs and I am going to pick one of them to upset. I like both and can't decide who to take.

So the choice is either MIN (vs Det) or JAC (@ Car).

lol. Sorry. I should have known that! :wacko: Going with the stats alone you'd have to go Minny. Jags looked terrible against the Jets and barely beat a Tenn team that had no run.

I think JAC will try to stop Newton vs stacking the box. He is not going to throw for 400 yards again.

The Packers tried to slow down Cam Newton... If it wasn't for clumsy turnovers by Newton and Steve Smith he would have put up 500+ on a solid GB defense. I don't think Jacksonville has the horses to stop Newton. He's for real.

The Packers tried to slow down Cam Newton... If it wasn't for clumsy turnovers by Newton and Steve Smith he would have put up 500+ on a solid GB defense. I don't think Jacksonville has the horses to stop Newton. He's for real.

Well it is starting to look that way.

The other dog I considered was SEA but they look awful and don't have 1 playmaker on offense. But, Pete Carroll seems to get the most of his players (he did last year) and anything can happen. But I just can't take them with confidence. Of course I'd love to take my Bears but they are the hardest team to predict in the NFL and I'm not touching them.

Cam is still a rookie, and Jax has a surprisingly good Defense, ranked #5 overall right now.

There are 2 weeks of film on Cam, and although Jax is starting their own rookie, it will be the MJD show today, watch for turnovers by Carolina.

II would think a home dog has a better chance to win, and realistically Car/Jax is a pick'm, game. There have to be better dogs to choose, I wouldn't touch either of these games.

If you want a dog that will win outright, grab Miami +2

Funny you posted this. I was just going to respond to zooty admitting that today I'm not so certain about my 2 choices. I'm leaning MIA now too but the way this pool works is that I get 3 points for picking a 3.5 or higher dog. MIA would only reward me 2 points - which I'm ok with too. MIA under Sparano has always been able to be better than expected and this year they seem to have their best team to date under him. Still undecided.

I'm not much of a betting guy, but I'd have a hard time betting money on that horrible Minnesota secondary against Calvin Johnson. DET has been awesome against the pass. If you think AD is gonna run for 150+, take Minnesota.

As far as Carolina, remember, Newton looks great, but it hasn't helped them win yet. I'd rather put money on Gabbert having a decent day than Minnesota stopping Calvin and scoring much on Detroit.

Don't like either MIN or JAX today. Detroits D-Line is stout and should make it tough for ADP. JAX is starting Gabbert and he didn't seem that great in the preseason against vanilla Ds. If you want an underdog, consider OAK at home vs. the NYJ. Even though I dislike the Raiders, they're playing pretty good football right now and could present problems for the Jets.

I need more choices. My brain won't even try to compute this.

:wacko:

I ended up rolling with MIN mainly because they are at home and it's a divisional game and I can't compute the Lions at 3-0 (even though I own Stafford and Calvin in my big money). But I really think JAC was the pick here. Hopefully I got it right. THankfully, it's NOT a one and done pool - it's cumulative points through the SB.