[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woot!

detlef

Wow, without knowing the cruise line or anything, that's impressive.

Even if it's not a top of the line cruise ship, they are still a lot of fun to go on. The food is usually great, for the most part, and you get to see awesome things and go to fun places. How can that not be something to look forward to?

Wow, without knowing the cruise line or anything, that's impressive.

At one point, I had a brochure and it seemed pretty nice. They fly us down to wherever we're taking off from and fly us back. Everything else is taken care of. Five days total. Pretty stoked.

It was one of those % over last year's purchases over a set period of time. We're way up in general this year and started getting things from them that we used to get from others (not even knowing there was a contest going on), so it worked out nicely.

My wife has been bugging me about taking a vacation, so the timing is right. I suppose I could wish that it was at the tail end of winter, when you're sick and tired of the cold as opposed to the late fall when it's not so bad, but I'm just fired up for a little R&R.

Just found out that I won a cruise in a contest put on by one of my purveyors!

:wacko:

I've actually never been on one before.

Did the word steerage or shovel appear in the notice??

:tup:

Enjoy.

Even if it's not a top of the line cruise ship, they are still a lot of fun to go on. The food is usually great, for the most part, and you get to see awesome things and go to fun places. How can that not be something to look forward to?

Assuming it's one of the top cruise lines, you're probably right. From what I've heard though, there are vast differences in the quality of the food/staff/entertainment/accommodations/fellow passengers among the various lines.

I'd want to know the cruise line and ship and then do some research to make sure it's a trip I would enjoy. If it's teeming with kids or elderly, or if I have to wear a suit to dinner every night, I might pass.

At one point, I had a brochure and it seemed pretty nice. They fly us down to wherever we're taking off from and fly us back. Everything else is taken care of. Five days total. Pretty stoked.

It was one of those % over last year's purchases over a set period of time. We're way up in general this year and started getting things from them that we used to get from others (not even knowing there was a contest going on), so it worked out nicely.

My wife has been bugging me about taking a vacation, so the timing is right. I suppose I could wish that it was at the tail end of winter, when you're sick and tired of the cold as opposed to the late fall when it's not so bad, but I'm just fired up for a little R&R.

My wife constantly talks about taking a cruise too. I much prefer a land-based vacation where I can explore the area and not feel rushed to move on to the next place. Everyone raves about them though, so I'm sure at some point I'll cave and we'll do it.

Congrats, hope it's a good one.

Since it's Tuesday I assumed this was a Woot Off announcement.

So did I. For a moment I was a little disappointed, but then I realized detlef won something.

I still don't know quite how the cruise trip was won, but I rarely win anything, so I assume this isn't a normal thing you just win here and there...

Do your research about excursions. Sometimes if you pay cash directly to the locals who run the excursions, you'll get a deep discount over booking it through the ship. There are tons of travel forums that discuss this. If you do your homework, you can probably research the exact ones you're interested in and whether or not this tactic can save you some loot. Game plan is everything.

Make sure to report back after the cruise and give us a food review. For the layperson, cruise food is usually way better than what we eat day to day. Interested in hearing what a foodie thinks of boat grub.

Oh, and congrats!

Celebrity Mlillenium

That's the ship. Looks like we're leaving from Miami and heading to Cozumel

From the website:

"A favorite of many vacationers, Celebrity Millennium will continue to cruise to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Panama Canal throughout 2011. Then, in April and May of 2012, she'll undergo a revitalization and emerge much more luxurious."

So you're getting the most run down ship of the fleet. Nice. :wacko:

From the website:

"A favorite of many vacationers, Celebrity Millennium will continue to cruise to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Panama Canal throughout 2011. Then, in April and May of 2012, she'll undergo a revitalization and emerge much more luxurious."

So you're getting the most run down ship of the fleet. Nice. :tup:

I'll send you a post card to KC or where ever you'll be that weekend. :wacko: