[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Mark Ingram Hype....

bostonsoxandy

this is exactly what i expected. you cannot simply add up all the previous years stats and assign them to the rookie back. -that being said, i do expect Ingram to increase his role. i actually drafted him in one of my two leagues. i got him in the 6th in a redraft, but passed on him in the 3rd in a one player keeper. to me, everyones expectations were a little high and i took alot of flack for having that opinion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is exactly what i expected. you cannot simply add up all the previous years stats and assign them to the rookie back. -that being said, i do expect Ingram to increase his role. i actually drafted him in one of my two leagues. i got him in the 6th in a redraft, but passed on him in the 3rd in a one player keeper. to me, everyones expectations were a little high and i took alot of flack for having that opinion.

I took him in one league. In the league where I was able to get him late enough that I could stash him on the bench behind, what I thought, was a decent batch of RBs and see if he'd be a nice bonus down the stretch.

It would be nice if Foster, Gore, and DWill would play like I hoped and then my plan would be outstanding.

I took him in one league. In the league where I was able to get him late enough that I could stash him on the bench behind, what I thought, was a decent batch of RBs and see if he'd be a nice bonus down the stretch.

It would be nice if Foster, Gore, and DWill would play like I hoped and then my plan would be outstanding.

foster: 30-155 (3-11 rec)

gore: 15-127 (2-12 rec)

dwill: 10-82

:wacko:

For me it was Greene, DWill, Ingram, Addai, Thomas & Starks

I've already cut Thomas and DWill

Just some perspective from the Saints board. Games get broken down each week & give some nice insight on why things may or may not always be as they seem..

I went back and watched the game and was curious how many guys the Jags would put in the box when Ingram is on the field compared to when Pierre is on the field.

Pierre saw a good bit of only six men in the box (bringing on a extra corner instead of LB) and even saw some odd fronts.

Ingram saw seven men in the box during every snap, and the Jags would also bring down a safety closer to the LOS (but not far enough to count as "in the box") on a few occasions. They would also run some LBs on the LOS, which they did not do for Pierre.

Obviously take notice of the FB and 3 WR sets for Pierre, while it is Ingram as the lone back. I do not believe that is the norm.

If you have an account there you can the screen shots included.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/ingram-v...men-box-209660/

Edited by rajncajn

Is anybody else starting to think that this is the week where NO features Ingram? Forte gashed Car. for 205 on the ground last week. Probably just wishful thinking since I have Rice on bye this week. Whatcha think huddlers?

If it doesn't happen this week I'm not sure if it will ever happen. They key for Ingram is to get carries during passing downs. Everytime he runs the ball it's in a painfully obvious run situation where the D can stack the box.

Is anybody else starting to think that this is the week where NO features Ingram? Forte gashed Car. for 205 on the ground last week. Probably just wishful thinking since I have Rice on bye this week. Whatcha think huddlers?

The best parallel for Forte on the Saints is Sproles. I would bet this is the week Sproles keeps doing what he's been doing. More action for Ingram, given Carolina's defense, is certainly also possible but probably not at the expense of the Saints' other RBs.

Remember that all these stats have accrued with the Saints using 3 RB's.....that has a big impact on his numbers....he will be fine.

I can only hope because that may allow me to use him as trade bait.

As a Sproles and Ingram owner in 1 league and Sproles in a few others - I don't think this will happen. This is a divisional game early in the season and I think New Orleans will want their best most proven players in this one. This isn't the time to experiment. I think Sproles could have a HUGH game. If Ingram gets his standard 15+ carries, he could have a big game too. I just think Sproles has already proven he can do it and I don't expect anything less this weekend. If you lack other options, Ingram is an ok start but I wouldn't go out on a limb on a gut feeling or anything.

For some reason I've had the same feeling all week. Everyone is expecting this game to be a shootout between Brees & Newton. It may not be all Ingram, but for some reason I see this ending up a relatively low scoring game with both teams getting things done on the ground.

Me too. Not by choice...bye week nightmare. But I'd think this would be a good week for him.

Right now I'm starting Law Firm over Ingram in Rice's absence. With Woodhead doubtful, BJGE should get more of the ball. The NO three headed monster puts me off starting Ingram until Thomas receives his annual injury.

i took alot of flack for having that opinion.

You took flak for trying to twist everyones words into something else.

I'm sitting on PT hoping they gIve him the chance he deserves. Let Ingram watch for a while and get the odd carry. He clearly hasn't shown that he's ready for the men's league.

Deserves? Thomas doesn't deserve anything... And I'm curious if you've seen any Saints games... How has he clearly shown that he's not ready? He's converted plenty, and he's doing with 7+ in the box. There is more than just a box score.

whopping 12 points in my league against the 30th ranked rushing defense. TD came on a one yard score that could have gone to anyone....where is his value again? season is 1/3 way over

whopping 12 points in my league against the 30th ranked rushing defense. TD came on a one yard score that could have gone to anyone....where is his value again? season is 1/3 way over

he had 9 carries