[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting annoyed...

SEC=UGA

Other than him coming in the office, which you can very easily ban, I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on.

If he lives in an "at will" state, he doesn't need a leg to stand on. As long as he isn't discriminating against her because of race or gender, he can sh*tcan her with no reason.

Disclaimer - he may want to double check this with an ACTUAL lawyer.

Dear Ms. ________:

We have enjoyed our business association over these past years. Economic realities and market conditions currently are such, however, that we will be terminating your employment on _________. This gives you somewhat more than two weeks to make arrangements to turn in your keys, passcards, codes, and to clear out your personal items. It also allows time to provide us with your forwarding information for your last paycheck.

Though we are certainly not required to do so we intend to provide you with a week's severence pay in recognition of our longstanding association. This pay will be contingent upon a smooth separation.

We wish you well going forward.

Sincerely,

It feels good to help them too, at first,

Only for fools and suckers. I have no sympathy for people who let others take advantage of them and PS the former are doing the latter no favors when you get down to it. Helping lazy slugs is like giving alcys more booze.

Believe it or not the one I feel sorriest for is the kid. It's not his fault he has such weak excuses for parents. Being raised so poorly, small wonder he's following in their footsteps to Loserville.

If he lives in an "at will" state, he doesn't need a leg to stand on. As long as he isn't discriminating against her because of race or gender, he can sh*tcan her with no reason.

I meant the hanging out in the parking lot. Sure he can get shot of his employee any time.

Make something up. Tell her that due to insurance and the risk to your business should something happen to her son while he hangs out in the parking lot, the risk for a substantial lawsuit exists and that your insurance would drop you in response. Tell her that, based on what you have seen, should he get hurt you feel that there would be no compunction on his part to go after you for damages. This is something that you and your attorney cannot list as an 'acceptable risk' and for the sake of mitigating against it, no one can hang out in your parking lot for any extended length of time (e.g. 45+ minutes). He will either need to find another way to band practice or he will have to wait off site at a fast foot joint or something.

If they hear this they can think of a way to SUE him and try for the FREE $$$.." I slipped and fell on a parking lot that was not well-maintained and my back hurts"

The idea about having someone call about a suspicious person sounds kinda good. Bums hate hassles by the cops

Only for fools and suckers. I have no sympathy for people who let others take advantage of them and PS the former are doing the latter no favors when you get down to it. Helping lazy slugs is like giving alcys more booze.

My point was you often don't know this right off the bat. I'm sure SEC didn't when he started helping this lady that it was all going down a sinkhole. Like I said, some people legitimately need help.

My wife will almost always give a bum a dollar, because, hey, it's a dollar and it might help the guy get something to eat. I usually don't, because I automatically assume he's going to buy a forty with it.

My point was you often don't know this right off the bat. I'm sure SEC didn't when he started helping this lady that it was all going down a sinkhole. Like I said, some people legitimately need help.

My wife will almost always give a bum a dollar, because, hey, it's a dollar and it might help the guy get something to eat. I usually don't, because I automatically assume he's going to buy a forty with it.

That same dollar could have gone to a hungry stripper. At least she has the get up and go to put on heels and warpaint and undulate while the bum, well he just stands around at an intersection holding a sign. You should always encourage initiative.

That same dollar could have gone to a hungry stripper. At least she has the get up and go to put on heels and warpaint and undulate while the bum, well he just stands around at an intersection holding a sign. You should always encourage initiative.

I am going to use this with my wife the next time I want to head out to a titty bar with the boys. :wacko:

Can't argue with that kind of sound logic. :wacko:

She does great work and knows how to do anything in the office, but I'm really getting close to throwing her out on her ass as I could probably replace her for the same amount of money at this point with a person who doesn't, well, quite frankly, annoy the piss out of me.

If she does great work and isn't actually annoying in the office (which I find rare) I don't think I'd can her because you're annoyed buy her son. Maybe have a sit down and say that you don't really appreciate him hanging out in front of the office all day. I don't know how old her son is, but it's possible he eventually moves on or at least has to find his own place. If this is a long term employee, why fire her for a short term problem? The unknown employee (just like the backup QB) always sounds good, but they come with their own problems. So be careful what you wish for because it might happen and you end up more miserable than you are currently.

That being said, if she sucks at her job or is a pain in the ass in the office, this could be the straw that broke the camels back. :wacko:

But then you have to worry about what the greater evil might be - a bum buying some Olde English, or a stripper buying cocaine?

She must read the TG. Haven't seen him in 2 days.

Meant to tell you, I went down there and ripped those ridiculous things out of his ears and told him to get a f'n job. He wanted me to tell you he's really sorry and won't come around again.

She must read the TG. Haven't seen him in 2 days.

Maybe he did head down to the protests. Heard it was a good place to buy pot.

I would laugh if a couple of these protestors actually went out now and found a decent job only to lose it by failing a drug test - wonder who they would blame that on?

Maybe he did head down to the protests. Heard it was a good place to buy pot.

I would laugh if a couple of these protestors actually went out now and found a decent job only to lose it by failing a drug test - wonder who they would blame that on?

I thought that you always blame things on Obama? :wacko: