[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adele

matt770

Seriously, enough with the Adele already. I read somewhere that she's crossed over and charting really high in all different formats from pop, rock, soul and whatever, and hey good for her, but she just popped up on one of my Pandora stations and I don't listen to anything close to that. I have respect for the chubby warbly-voiced British singer-songwriters, don't get me wrong, it's just not my preferred type of music. Enough with the frigging Adele already, please just stop it. Thank you.

Seriously, enough with the Adele already. I read somewhere that she's crossed over and charting really high in all different formats from pop, rock, soul and whatever, and hey good for her, but she just popped up on one of my Pandora stations and I don't listen to anything close to that. I have respect for the chubby warbly-voiced British singer-songwriters, don't get me wrong, it's just not my preferred type of music. Enough with the frigging Adele already, please just stop it. Thank you.

kinda +1

Some of her stuff is decent...but she is vastly overplayed, and will likely go by the wayside ala Sarah McLaughlin in short time.

kinda +1

Some of her stuff is decent...but she is vastly overplayed, and will likely go by the wayside ala Sarah McLaughlin in short time.

As long as the world has disasters and strife Mclaughlin will never die as she forever lives on with Arms of the angel montages

As far as Adele herself, she's another one of those neo-soul singers; it's generally a genre (if it even qualifies as that) which I don't change the station when it comes on, but don't go out of my way for either.

She's got a great voice and some really good songs. She's making bank? Good for her! Better singer than Amy Winehouse, and far less of a personal trainwreck.

• 2 months later...

Something very sinister is happening. I've given the thumbs-down to at least 4 Adele songs, but new ones come up at least once per week. After two thumbs-down for a given artist, Pandora supposedly never plays another song by them on that station again. I think she's either a tool of the Red Chinese or someone at Pandora is getting some serious payola. I don't like it one bit.

Something very sinister is happening. I've given the thumbs-down to at least 4 Adele songs, but new ones come up at least once per week. After two thumbs-down for a given artist, Pandora supposedly never plays another song by them on that station again. I think she's either a tool of the Red Chinese or someone at Pandora is getting some serious payola. I don't like it one bit.

Nah, I still get the mother F'n Morrisey even though I give him the thumbs down every goddamn time.

I'm surrounded by people that worship here as well, and it's been bugging me for a while. My assessment is that she has a pretty good voice (but not as amazing as many make it out to be) but I'm frankly not a fan of her lyrics. Add in her sub-par looks and you've got a below average package that gets way more air time than it warrants.

I have respect for the chubby warbly-voiced British singer-songwriters,

:wacko: What is this some bizarro trend and there are a lot of them now? What do you respect, the chubby part or warbly or being Brits?

Never heard of her but she MUST be good, she doesn't have a last name! :tup:

PS I just googled to listen to a few songs - eh. Underwhelmed. That throaty "warbling" thing only goes so far. Guess it's a good thing I don't listen to the radio in the car and pandora seems to behave better for me.

I'm surrounded by people that worship here as well, and it's been bugging me for a while. My assessment is that she has a pretty good voice (but not as amazing as many make it out to be) but I'm frankly not a fan of her lyrics. Add in her sub-par looks and you've got a below average package that gets way more air time than it warrants.

Such is the state of music today, it seems. She's better than a lot of the drek out there, so....

You know something is successful when you hear ripoffs of it on commercials. Amazing how quickly these singers can co-opt the latest thing, get in the studio and pump out a knockoff.

Oh man! It's just like the Chinese with the designer sunglasses and handbags!! Told ya!!! :wacko:

I listen to Pandora about an hour per day on the train ride to/from work and never once has Adele came on. I'm not overly familiar with her music though.

My Pandora annoyance is when Devendra Banhart comes on - based on my musical preferences you'd think I would like him but I just don't. Seems very contrived to me.