[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore?

SNOWBOUND33

Im watching the game. They are throwing a lot. He doesnt have many touches and when he does the Giants are swarming him. From a health stand point, he looks fine

Stuffing him completely. The gameplan is to stop Gore. There's just been no room. On one play if he'd broken the one tackle he would've been running for days but it obviously didn't happen.

Im watching the game. They are throwing a lot. He doesnt have many touches and when he does the Giants are swarming him. From a health stand point, he looks fine

Another good point. Gore's only run the ball 6 times and had 1 receptions to Smith's 14 attempted passes. The Giants had a couple long drives.

As noted above, the NYG are simply stuffing the run ... I think 4 of Gore's 6 carries went for zero or negative yardage ... and, not a lot of pressure (yet at least) on Smith, so he's not had to use Gore as an outlet/check down receiver. On the 1 catch Gore has, he was the 1st or 2nd look on the play, where SFO needed just a few yards for a first down.

Edited by ts

As noted above, the NYG are simply stuffing the run ... I think 4 of Gore's 6 carries went for zero or negative yardage ... and, not a lot of pressure (yet at least) on Smith, so he's not had to use Gore as an outlet/check down receiver. On the 1 catch Gore has, he was the 1st or 2nd look on the play, where SFO needed just a few yards for a first down.

The Giants put a lot of pressure on Smith in the last series. Freakin' Ginn had that ball go right through his hands or it might've gone for 1st down yardage and the 49ers add at least a FG to end the half. Plays like that can change the course of a game and be the difference.

The Ginn non-catch/interception was indeed just awful ... right thru his hands, bounce off his helmet, pick NYG. Terrible ... let the dude return punts and kickoffs, and leave it at that.

This. Alex Smith was looking good on that drive, only to have Ginn go all Roy Williams on his team.

Hunter opens the 2nd half at RB, Gore on the sidelines sans helmet.

?

E2A - on TV they just showed Gore on the sidelines again, looked like he was limping a bit, but this is pure speculation on my part.

Edited by ts

Hunter opens the 2nd half at RB, Gore on the sidelines sans helmet.

?

Gore must be done for the day. He did look to run into the tunnel for halftime kinda gingerly.

LOL. Now Ginn lets a punt drop right in front of him, SFO will be lucky if the officials don't reverse the original call & give the ball to NYG, it looks like the ball may have bounced off Ginn after all on the replay.

I didn't think it touched him.

Actually, he's not okay as he's out of the game now and Hunter and Dixon are in.

I can't understand why SFO even put Gore back in for 1 or 2 plays part way thru Q3 just to have him pass block, unless it was just to see if he could actually do anything with the knee problem, but it looks like I'll be w/o him for the rest of the day today in 1 league.

Is it too early to be thinking of Hunter for next week?

I would say yes but ... wow, Hunter looked quick on that TD run just now.

I can deal with SFO sitting Gore next week since I have Hunter as well in that same league, provided they don't jack us Hunter owners around with the GTD business, but I guess they don't have my FF decisions in mind when setting their injury reports.

Edited by ts