[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas Tree Poll

billay

Christmas Trees  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What color are the lights on your tree

• White
    • Colored
    • Both
  2. 2. What size are the lights?

• Small
    • Large
    • Both
  3. 3. Angel or Star?

• Angel
    • Star
    • Other (identify below)
  4. 4. Other Decorations (I'm assuming everyone puts ornaments on the tree.)

• Tinsel
    • Ribbons
    • Strings (Popcorn, Cranberry, etc.)
    • Other (please identify)
  5. 5. Tree: Real or Artificial?

• Real
    • Fake
  6. 6. How long does it stay up?

• Less than a week
    • About 2 weeks
    • All of December
    • Up in November, down in January

2 live trees. LOTS of small colorful lights going deeply into the tree.

Both have the three dimentional gold leaf stars.

I was brought up with a ghetto amount of tinsel. The wench wasn't. We comprimised by getting glass iceicles. We have around 50 on each tree. Awesome for catching the lights.

• 10 years later...

Jesus, dug this baby from the depths. What made you go looking for it?

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not up yet, but once its up it stays up for a while (benefit of an artificial tree). 

Planning to do my outside stuff this week, and hopefully the tree next weekend. 

Our tree is up and the lights are on, but we haven't had the time to hang ornaments yet. Doing that tonight. My outside lights are about halfway done. Everything that goes on the house is up and we added some lit deer in the yard. Hopefully this week I'll have time this week to get the net lights up in the shrubbery and wrap the trees in lights. It's quite a task, but I enjoy doing it. 

55 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Our tree is up and the lights are on, but we haven't had the time to hang ornaments yet. Doing that tonight. My outside lights are about halfway done. Everything that goes on the house is up and we added some lit deer in the yard. Hopefully this week I'll have time this week to get the net lights up in the shrubbery and wrap the trees in lights. It's quite a task, but I enjoy doing it. 

I've been doing outside decorating since I lived at home, then at my parents for a number of years after they retired. I only did a little indoor stuff at my apartment most of those years. Once my parents passed and I had my own home I always enjoyed doing the decorating, and inherited some cool stuff from them.

One difference here is that we have real winter, and sometimes decorating if not done early enough is in freezing temps and ice/snow. Almost feels more fun then 😆 I'm rarely home at Thanksgiving when most people get theirs started at least. Then this past weekend I made plans to get together with a friend, later saw that weather was getting cold next weekend. So with temps at least 45 or so next few days I'll try to take an afternoon off to do it.

I enjoy it a lot, but miss seeing my outside lights more often (week day commutes at least). 

The tree is often done in stages, sometimes I do it while watching NFL games on a Sunday, but really enjoy some old nostalgic Christmas specials to go along with it. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I used to use 2 live trees.  One January I placed one in the backyard in the snow and scraped once on my kids scouts flint&Steel. Within 2 seconds- actually 2 seconds- the flames were in excess of our 2nd story windows.  

It loses the risk/reward analysis.  No more live tree for me.