[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remembering "old school" arcades

BeeR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missile Command was the best game ever ... I still play from time to time, as I have one of the actual ~4 foot tall arcade editions in my den ... a Christmas gift from Mrs. ts years ago. In retrospect I have to think that she viewed getting the game as less of a gift for me and more as an investment on her part to keep me home & away from the local bar where I had learned to play MC to begin with.

Az mentioned dig dug. That was my favorite. I had patterns where I could kill every thing on the board with one rock. What about the hand held football game with the dots ? I also loved kaboom

One of my favorite childhood memories is from an early or mid-eighties birthday party. My dad rented out the local Aladdin's Castle after hours. I got to have a bunch of friends come and play unlimited games for a couple of hours. It was amazing as a kid and pretty cool to look back on as an adult.

A few years ago my wife rented out the local arcade for me for a birthday party. That was also cool. It was great to have my son run around and play games. I still take him to the arcade to play some old school pinball. The feel of a pinball game is hard to replicate on a screen. With the machines being as temperamental as they are, it's also something I wouldn't want a basement full of... maybe I would.

Punch Out, Gorf, Ring King, Donkey Kong Jr., and just about any pinball game were a few of my favorites.

Asteroids was my favorite arcade game. I loved the feel of how you could control the ship's speed and location. When all the newer games were coming out, and the kids were packed up at the Tempest, Dig-Dug and Defender machines, good old Asteroids was always waiting for me.

Great thread......the ones that I remember spending lots of quarters on:

Pac-Man

Donkey Kong

Dig Dug

High Speed (Best Pinball game EVAH !!!)

Paper Boy

Karate Champ

Punch Out

Super Punch Out

Ah, the memories..............

Twilight Zone was my favorite pinball game. Had the magnetized board on the top left that would freak out and never worked right.

We had a Malibu Grand Prix about 5 minutes from my house growing up. Spent a LOT of time there...

Some of my fav's

Return of the Jedi

Area 51

The Simpsons

X-Men

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Black Tiger