[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's workin taday

nuke'em ttg

:wacko: Replacing lower heating element in my water heater, hot water is under rated

We have an outdoor wood furnace that also heats our water. I can take a hotter than hell shower ALL DAY LONG and never run out of hot water. I LOVES me some hot water. Good luck with the element replacement.

Finishing (hopefully) the utility sink install in the garage I started yesterday. Sweated copper pipe into the water supply yesterday (via cold and hot water lines on the hot water tank) and ran over to the sink location. Finishing up water supply plumbing today and then coring through the foundation wall to pipe drain pipe into the main drain.

We have an outdoor wood furnace that also heats our water. I can take a hotter than hell shower ALL DAY LONG and never run out of hot water. I LOVES me some hot water. Good luck with the element replacement.

It's kicking my ass HR :wacko: I think the gorrilla that put it in cross threaded it. Got the right element tool and screw driver and even the f'n sledge won't budge it :tup: will not give up

It's kicking my ass HR :wacko: I think the gorrilla that put it in cross threaded it. Got the right element tool and screw driver and even the f'n sledge won't budge it :tup: will not give up

Put a torch to the damned thing and get done with it already.

Put a torch to the damned thing and get done with it already.

Word of advice if changing a Marathon lower element, have an 1-7/8 socket with extension handy. That goofy element hex that ya put a screw driver thru cost me 5 hours, i literally beat the hell outta that element with almost every tool known ta man. Was about ta give up and saw in the directions that a socket works also, 74 f'n tacos later i got the right tool and the f'r turns right out with hardly any leverage :wacko: Now my TPR is leakin so i got a bucket under the extension, it's slowin down and i hope stops when things heat up.

Word of advice if changing a Marathon lower element, have an 1-7/8 socket with extension handy. That goofy element hex that ya put a screw driver thru cost me 5 hours, i literally beat the hell outta that element with almost every tool known ta man. Was about ta give up and saw in the directions that a socket works also, 74 f'n tacos later i got the right tool and the f'r turns right out with hardly any leverage :wacko: Now my TPR is leakin so i got a bucket under the extension, it's slowin down and i hope stops when things heat up.

Its all ball bearings these days