[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drumbers

nuke'em ttg

I just opened this to find out what the hell a drumber is.

that's the 1st time in my life i've had ta spell that, wasn't there some deal where all ya had ta do was get the 1st and last letters right and people could read it :wacko: i actually thought CD was tryin ta help, i should have known better :tup:

My take, nuke, is that if one can't spell what one wants to do then one should probably not do it. But then that is just my take.

Listen to Kid.

:wacko: 21 posts and someone finally mentioned it. I was beginning to think I was wrong and he spelled it right

I've been playing Bass & Guitar since I was 14ish/15ish. I picked up playing drums in my early 20s when my drummer would go for a smoke break. I will say this, playing drums is much hardware than guitar or bass. With drums, you have to be able to tell your brain to do different things with all four of your limbs whereas with guitar or bass, you do not (unless you are playing classic guitar or slapping base then it's just 2 limbs. I've trying to teach my daughter how to play the past 2 weeks. I started out by having her keep a sustained 4 count beat with the kick drum. Then, while keeping the 4 count going, I had her use her right hand to keep an 8 count beat (tap) on the ride and then finally a 16 count on snare just so she could understand the challenges.

To see if you could be a decent drummer, spin your right foot clockwise while drawling a figure 8 with the index finger of your left hand. If you can come somewhat close to maintaining both motions, then you can pick up drums. It you totally train wreck it then i would suggest taking drumming lessons from a professional teacher (not Floppy McGee from down the street who plays in his garage) who can help teach you the tools for multi-tasking beats.