[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff officiating

rajncajn

About the reviews, who has control over which videos the Officials see under the hood?

Mike Pereira mentioned that the refs might have blown the Packers/Giants call because they weren't shown the right video. That is lame.

I doubt that's the case but I feel like he was trying to give them an out. No matter what view you saw of that play it was pretty clear the ball was out before he was down. Blown call end of story.

The helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers late in the game was a BS call as well and that kept a drive alive that was over. The Packers definitely had the advantage went it came to getting the calls in this game and they still couldn't win.

It may seem over the top but then again maybe he's onto something. I mean it has happened before with the same ref. That non-fumble call was insane. Watching replay after replay, I never once got the feeling that he was down before it came out and I didn't think it was close.

i agree with this

yesterday was the first time i allowed myself to believe that the refs could be crooked ...thats how bad the officiating was in packers - giants came

i counted 3 miserably bad suspicious calls ( one being the fumbled overturned which was one of the worst single decisions / calls i have ever seen ) but at least 3 other non and or bad calls made

It was very scary to actually believe refs and crew could be crooked but i believed it was a possibility yesterday

I hate bad officiating ...do your job right ...if you cant league has to step in immediately and make sure you are gone ...how is leavy still allowed to be reffing ???

i agree with this

yesterday was the first time i allowed myself to believe that the refs could be crooked ...thats how bad the officiating was in packers - giants came

i counted 3 miserably bad suspicious calls ( one being the fumbled overturned which was one of the worst single decisions / calls i have ever seen ) but at least 3 other non and or bad calls made

It was very scary to actually believe refs and crew could be crooked but i believed it was a possibility yesterday

I hate bad officiating ...do your job right ...if you cant league has to step in immediately and make sure you are gone ...how is leavy still allowed to be reffing ???

The worst part is that they actually called it a fumble at first, then basically overturned it without a review, which then forced a review by the Giants, to then only blow the call a 2nd time which then cost the Giants a timeout and gave the ball back to the Pack. What a joke!

i agree with this

While the potential for corruption exists, and increased with yesterday's game, I still hope in reality it's attributable to incompetence. The claim in yesterday's thread that "this kind of thing happens to every team" is absolute hogwash based on a desperate desire to rationalize the obvious. The degree, extent, and number of chin scratching calls witnessed yesterday, in a game of that magnitude, has happened twice in the last decade, both under the watch of one head official. Fortunately, for Giants and their fans, it wasn't enough to alter the outcome of the game.

While the potential for corruption exists, and increased with yesterday's game, I still hope in reality it's attributable to incompetence. The claim in yesterday's thread that "this kind of thing happens to every team" is absolute hogwash based on a desperate desire to rationalize the obvious. The degree, extent, and number of chin scratching calls witnessed yesterday, in a game of that magnitude, has happened twice in the last decade, both under the watch of one head official. Fortunately, for Giants and their fans, it wasn't enough to alter the outcome of the game.

Don't forget this happened in the NBA. Why would we be so naive as to think it couldn't happen in the NFL?

The worst part is that they actually called it a fumble at first, then basically overturned it without a review, which then forced a review by the Giants, to then only blow the call a 2nd time which then cost the Giants a timeout and gave the ball back to the Pack. What a joke!

I can imagine the controversy this would generate if that call had impacted the outcome.

Bill Leavy was the ref in the Steelers - Seahawks SB too. Hopefully he is barred from ever calling another postseason game at the least.

in the end, then gmen got the last laugh cuz they didnt have that timeout at the end of the half which forced them to throw the hail mary :wacko:

its nice when the refs dont cost a team the game, but leavy really has be left off the playoff games for the next few years after he legiitimately TRIED to keep the packers in the game. fumble, roughing on rodgers and no roughing on eli's helmet to helmet hit (that you can see he's staring right at in teh replay!!). i umpire baseball so i know all to well that even officials can have bad games. so i gave him the benefit of the doubt and i brushed off the steelers/seahawks super bowl as a bad game for him and his crew, but now after this latest playoff atrocity....leavy clearly has motives in the playoff games.

in the end, then gmen got the last laugh cuz they didnt have that timeout at the end of the half which forced them to throw the hail mary :wacko:

its nice when the refs dont cost a team the game, but leavy really has be left off the playoff games for the next few years after he legiitimately TRIED to keep the packers in the game. fumble, roughing on rodgers and no roughing on eli's helmet to helmet hit (that you can see he's staring right at in teh replay!!). i umpire baseball so i know all to well that even officials can have bad games. so i gave him the benefit of the doubt and i brushed off the steelers/seahawks super bowl as a bad game for him and his crew, but now after this latest playoff atrocity....leavy clearly has motives in the playoff games.

Agreed. As another fellow umpire, I can tell everyone that nothing makes you feel worse than feeling like a call you blew affected the outcome of a game. And I ump youth sports, not professional sports. I don't know how that guy sleeps sometimes.

If that's the case, he'll be on the run by now with men with violin cases hot on his trail. :wacko:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...

So anyway, after a non extensive search I have come to the stunning conclusion that a "letter writing campaign" as I discussed earlier would ineed have to be just that. I can't find a verifiable legitimate email addy for Goodell (of course) but there is a phone number to the league office. So if you want to annoy some poorly paid schmuck at the league office with a phone call (assuming it isn't completely automated) and that number allegedly is 1-212-450-2000. Or you could just piss out the window of your car at 50 MPH. The NFL is going to go the way of the WWE and the NBA. There is nothing we can do about it. As long as we watch, they will do as they wish.

If Leavy hangs around after this Iwill have my confirmation. Kind of makes me sick to see my baby manipulated like this. But we are merely prisoners looking through the glass, seeing her bent over a tree stump by Leavy and his gang on the other side. We can shout but they will still have their way with her. Sigh.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...

So anyway, after a non extensive search I have come to the stunning conclusion that a "letter writing campaign" as I discussed earlier would ineed have to be just that. I can't find a verifiable legitimate email addy for Goodell (of course) but there is a phone number to the league office. So if you want to annoy some poorly paid schmuck at the league office with a phone call (assuming it isn't completely automated) and that number allegedly is 1-212-450-2000. Or you could just piss out the window of your car at 50 MPH. The NFL is going to go the way of the WWE and the NBA. There is nothing we can do about it. As long as we watch, they will do as they wish.

If Leavy hangs around after this Iwill have my confirmation. Kind of makes me sick to see my baby manipulated like this. But we are merely prisoners looking through the glass, seeing her bent over a tree stump by Leavy and his gang on the other side. We can shout but they will still have their way with her. Sigh.

I called the league office to request the removal of Bll Leavy, and an actual person answered the phone. Wow! I said I wanted to register a complaint about the officiating and I was directed to the voice-mail of some individual, where I left my request for removal of the offender. Go forth and join me if you wish.

I called the league office to request the removal of Bll Leavy, and an actual person answered the phone. Wow! I said I wanted to register a complaint about the officiating and I was directed to the voice-mail of some individual, where I left my request for removal of the offender. Go forth and join me if you wish.

Step back & take a deep breath ratt. I could be wrong, but I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously. It didn't affect the outcome of the game and it's not like you own stock in a franchise or anything. I'm sure the owner of the Giants has much more sway than some anonymous fantasy football message board fanatic and I'm sure the league office will hear it from him.

Step back & take a deep breath ratt. I could be wrong, but I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously. It didn't affect the outcome of the game and it's not like you own stock in a franchise or anything. I'm sure the owner of the Giants has much more sway than some anonymous fantasy football message board fanatic and I'm sure the league office will hear it from him.

:wacko: He had have an avatar of Leavy wearing Steeler colors.

:wacko: He had have an avatar of Leavy wearing Steeler colors.

Yeah, I have a real problem with this guy. I have a real hang-up about fair play and incompetent people in high positions. I am surrounded by them. Football is supposed to be a refuge from shady dealings and tilted tables. And I do have stock in the company. In a way. Leavy degrades the product.